The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Brazil

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMTLove23 View Post
??.07.2009 - wedding of Prince Gabriel de Orléans e Bragança and Luciana Guaspari (private)
16.10.2009 - wedding of Count Alexander zu Stolberg-Stolberg and Princess Isabel de Orléans e Bragança at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Marlene Eilers Koenig)

two of them...

I think the one in July will be postponed of Toned Down. Both Wedding are of His First cousins too. Only time will tell when it happens.
Thank you for this information. I must be a terrible time for the entire family.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Maybe it would be better to pospone those weddings to next year!
This year is such a black year. Not really a year to celebrate weddings.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Courtier

The wedding of Prince Gabriel and Luciana Guaspar will probably be toned down but I doubt it will be cancelled. The dead of Prince Pedro Luiz is a terrible tragedy for the entire family, however life goes on.

I hope the Prince's body will be found, it would be at least some consolation for his poor family.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Gentry

Marengo
What television network passed the news of the Mass?
Old 06-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erivam View Post
Marengo
What television network passed the news of the Mass?
I saw it on (the dutch version of) RTL, a commercial channel from Luxembourg, the prince and princess were seated in the first row.

The information of the service at Belouil however comes from the website of the Belgian royal family.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:51 AM
Administrator

An article and a picture of the mass. Prince Antonio, Princess Christine and their children are seated on the front row:

Familiares de passageiros do voo 447 celebram missa no Rio - JM - Jornal de Maringá

Other members of the imperial family are seated behing them.

Article with a picture of the prince and princess in prayer: http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/c...5u577382.shtml

Article, prince Antonio says the family found strength in their faith, it pictures the family in prayer: http://www.clicrbs.com.br/especial/r...e-Janeiro.html

Note that the pictures in the articles are somewhat intruisive.

------
Courtesy: Pedro at the FIMB.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

This pictures inside de church should not be taken..
I prefer the unknow parents brothers and sister who may pray without photographs and flashes.
At the de Ligne castle a private office took place on saturday , I hope without press and televison and the 2 eldest children of Prince Lorenz and Astrid were there.
Why should a 4 months later wedding be cancelled. Lucky the next month wedding is private, so it will remains private.
It should be different of course if it was a brother or sister of the late Prince Pedro Luiz.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Another article about Pedro Luiz and how his family received the news of the plane accident:

Um jovem príncipe dos trópicos que desapareceu tragicamente - dn - DN

This year, Pedro was supposed to spend the Summer vacations in Portugal...
Old 06-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Gentry

The Mass was an act for all victims.
A church official 7th day will be held in São Paulo, on June 8, with the presence of the head of the Imperial House of Brazil.

And the official soul will be in Rio de Janeiro, on June 10.
Causa Imperial -Notícias
Causa Imperial -Notícias
www.causaimperial.org.br
Old 06-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

this plane accident was such a loss. when i first read about it i had hopes that it had somehow lost communication but was still in one piece. it's incredible that it could happen and could have happened to anyone. my prayers are with the families.

it's specially peculiar that royalty is also involved in these tragedies. i recall that a thai prince also lost his life during the tsunamis.

here's information of prince pedro luiz from the official webpage of the brazilian monarchy:
Casa Imperial do Brasil - Home
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-08-2009, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i recall that a thai prince also lost his life during the tsunamis.
Not a prince but Mr Phoom Jensen, son of Princess Ubolratana.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Another article, scanned from Flash magazine:

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1733/flashy.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5995/flash2v.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1783/flash3r.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/466/flash4.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/968/flash5.jpg

About D. Pedro, it says, among other things, that Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria was his only publicly acknowledged girlfriend and that he was searching for a fiancée among the royal circle.
On Wednesday, there will be a mass in Rio, at Igreja da Ordem Terceira do Carmo.

The Duchess of Bragança says her family is deeply sad, because D. Duarte lost in this plane accident two relatives: Pedro Luiz and also the husband of a German cousin (it doesn't say who). Here's a little interview about it:
http://tv1.rtp.pt/noticias/?t=Duarte...article=225038
Old 06-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

A person I know went to the mass celebrated yesterday in Rio and this person told me there were many princes of the Vassouras branch, naturally, AND PRINCES OF THE PETRÓPOLIS BRANCH AS WELL!!!

There´s a very interesting thing for those interested in the coverage of Point de Vue. I´ve got a subscription but I was curious to see the magazine inside before I get it, and in the link below you can see ALL the pages of magazine!!! (there are 8 eight pages on D. Pedro Luiz, by the way, not 6 six)
Vente de magazine, journaux, revue, abonnement presse: journaux.fr, votre maison de presse en ligne
Old 06-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Princess Diana d'Orléans also expressed her grief for the death of her husband's cousin:

Diana de Cadaval chora a morte de um primo do marido no desastre aéreo sobre o Atlântico - Caras.pt
Old 06-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I only just read this weekend about the loss of young Prince Pedro-Luiz. He is on the cover of Point de Vue, along with his cousin and confidante Alex de Ligne.

He was only 26 and he sounded like a very kind, wonderful man. When I read the excerpt from "Le Petit Prince" that were read at a memorial Mass in Luxembourg that was attended by many Royals including Henri and Marie-Therese, I wept. It was very beautiful and moving.

My heart is absolutely broken for his family and friends.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

very intrusive. I find photographers irritating in Church and this must be so difficult for them, no moment of privacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
An article and a picture of the mass. Prince Antonio, Princess Christine and their children are seated on the front row:

Familiares de passageiros do voo 447 celebram missa no Rio - JM - Jornal de Maringá

Other members of the imperial family are seated behing them.

Article with a picture of the prince and princess in prayer: Folha Online - Cotidiano - Missa em homenagem às vítimas do voo AF 447 reúne 150 pessoas no Rio - 05/06/2009

Article, prince Antonio says the family found strength in their faith, it pictures the family in prayer: Parentes de passageiros do voo 447 assistem à missa no Rio de Janeiro | Geral | Especial:santa - Jornal de Santa Catarina

Note that the pictures in the articles are somewhat intruisive.

------
Courtesy: Pedro at the FIMB.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto2244 View Post
A person I know went to the mass celebrated yesterday in Rio and this person told me there were many princes of the Vassouras branch, naturally, AND PRINCES OF THE PETRÓPOLIS BRANCH AS WELL!!!

There´s a very interesting thing for those interested in the coverage of Point de Vue. I´ve got a subscription but I was curious to see the magazine inside before I get it, and in the link below you can see ALL the pages of magazine!!! (there are 8 eight pages on D. Pedro Luiz, by the way, not 6 six)
Vente de magazine, journaux, revue, abonnement presse: journaux.fr, votre maison de presse en ligne
I bought that issue of Point de Vue and the death of the prince resulted in a reportage of around 8 pages. Some very nice words about the prince from his uncle, the prince de Ligne and from the duke of Bragança. They also reported about the mass in Belouil, that was attended by the Grand DUke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, their sons Louis and Félix; Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein, Archduke Rudolphe and his wife Marie Hélène, prince Amedeo and princess Maria Laura of Belgium, a lot of members of the de Ligne family and 500 other guests.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
very intrusive. I find photographers irritating in Church and this must be so difficult for them, no moment of privacy.

I completely agree with you...it drives me nuts when photographers show close ups of grieving relatives and friends in Church....I remember the funerals of Princess Grace and Stefano Casiraghi(Caroline's 2nd husband) and I remember cringing...just so inappropriate and intrusive.

How sad for that family, and for all the families who lost love ones. The fact that they don't have Pedro Luiz's remains to bury with his ancestors must make it even more painful.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Administrator

I see that the causaimperial.org.br have put a video on youtube with pictures of the masses that were held in Rio, showing the grieving relatives of the prince. i believe the causaimperial is led by the uncle of the prince, so the family must have accepted that pictures were taken (if they objected the causaimperial would not have shown them I gather).