The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Brazil

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Is this loss of memory of D. Maria connected to the death of D. Pedro Luiz, or is it a situation she already was in? I hope so...
a situation that existed already, previously

Old 06-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

A recent picture of D. Pedro Luiz with her sisters and brother:

http://www.terra.com.br/istoegente/e...ns/i118661.jpg

Old 06-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto2244 View Post
a situation that existed already, previously
Maybe it's better for her...it's a sad thing to say, but...considering her age...
Old 06-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
It´s not the first flight accident with a menber of the Brazililan Imperial Family as Prince D. Eudes suffered one when in honeymoon on his second marriage in Jamaica. The couple had to survive eating cannabis.
Pequeno príncipe - Ancelmo Gois: O Globo
likewise, dom antonio gastao born 1881 , lost his life via a flying accident 29 nov 1918 at edmonton, london england. what unlucky occurrances within one family !!!. what sorrowful times ?.

i have also heard a report that the black boxes may never be found, so we may never know what had happened on that doomed flight. how sorrowful it all is.

my heart bleeds......
Old 06-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I am so sorry to hear what has happened. May he rest in peace and may his family find strength in the middle of such hard times. Has it been said when the memorial service will take place?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:07 AM
Royal Highness

Condolences to everyone! It sounds like a horrific accident, with little or no hope to recover the black boxes.

Weather hampers Air France debris search - Americas- msnbc.com
Old 06-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Aristocracy

An interview with D. Pedro Luiz´s father

An interview with D. Antonio. He said he and all his children played golf Sunday morning and all the family went together from Petrópolis to Rio to take D. Pedro Luiz to the airport, on the way they talked about Pedro Luiz´s job and also, coincindentaly, about faith and religion. D. Pedro Luiz said he was very happy.
D. Antonio says he learnt about the accident by the television, he got worried twice because his niece, the young princess of Ligne, had taken the airplane of 16:40 and Pedro Luiz the one that left at 19:00. D. Antonio called his wife and told her to take a sit and told her about the accident and she was in despair.
There´s a nice, beautifulm recent picture of the family:

Mundo - NOTÍCIAS - "A esperança se foi"
Old 06-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

In this picture from left to right:
D. Pedro Luiz, D. Amélia, D. Antonio, D. Maria Gabriela, D. Christine de Ligne, Princess Alix of Luxembourg, D. Rafael
http://revistaepoca.globo.com/Revista/Epoca/foto/0,,20973043,00.jpg

In this picture the lady seated is Princess D. Maria of Bavaria
http://www.causaimperial.org.br/img/imagem%20novo%20site/familia/familiaimperial02.gif
Old 06-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Nobility

One of the posts I've read said that Prince Pedro Luiz lived in Luxembourg with a "duke." Does anyone know who this is?
Old 06-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
One of the posts I've read said that Prince Pedro Luiz lived in Luxembourg with a "duke." Does anyone know who this is?
the Wall Street Journal said he was a guest of the "duke" of Luxembourg, meaning the Grand-Duke (and he was not a guest!)
Old 06-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Commoner

Anyone interested in learning more about Prince Pedro Luis should read the article about him in English Wikipedia:

Prince Pedro LuÃ*s of Orléans-Braganza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
there will be a mass tomorrow in Lisbon.
It seems there was a mass at the church of S. Nicolau (Lisbon), on June 2nd.

From Lux magazine:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/904/lux1.jpg
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8188/lux1cpia.jpg
Old 06-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecen View Post
Anyone interested in learning more about Prince Pedro Luis should read the article about him in English Wikipedia:

Prince Pedro LuÃ*s of Orléans-Braganza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for information!
Prince Pedro was a progressive young man, who accurately grasped the modern realities. It is unfortunate he left this world at such young age. As far as I understood, his brother, Prince Raphael, will continue the dynasty.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Poor young man, indeed. I feel very much for him and for everyone else related to this misterious accident.

But by other side, I am very happy for his double-cousin, Princess Alix de Ligne. She had planned to travel with him, but took an earlier flight instead, as the Wikipedia article says.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Courtier

This is just a sad and tragic story so young and yet the prince is not with us nor his family or friends anymore.That is so heartbreaking and shocking I send my sympathy to members of the his family and his friends too.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 06-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Commoner

My condolences to the family, those are really sad news
Old 06-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I just saw prince Antonio, princess Christine and their children on the television news. They attended a memorial mass for the victims of the crash and were in prayer.

Today there was also a mass at Belouil, Belgium. the chateau of the de Ligne family. It was attended by prince Amedeo and princess Maria-Laura of Belgium (among others).
Old 06-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

It has just been announced that the first bodies have been found, hopefully they manage to find all of them including the Prince's as quickly as possible. May they all rest in peace.

And my condolences to the Prince's family this is tragic news for everyone who knew anyone on board the plane.

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Bodies 'found' from missing plane
Old 06-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grand Prince View Post
It has just been announced that the first bodies have been found, hopefully they manage to find all of them including the Prince's as quickly as possible. May they all rest in peace.

And my condolences to the Prince's family this is tragic news for everyone who knew anyone on board the plane.

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Bodies 'found' from missing plane
Yes it's the second main story on the news after The D-Day memorial service in Normandy. My heart goes out the the royal family. Isn't their suppose to be a marraige soon in the Brazilian royal family?
Old 06-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Nobility

??.07.2009 - wedding of Prince Gabriel de Orléans e Bragança and Luciana Guaspari (private)
16.10.2009 - wedding of Count Alexander zu Stolberg-Stolberg and Princess Isabel de Orléans e Bragança at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Marlene Eilers Koenig)

two of them...

I think the one in July will be postponed of Toned Down. Both Wedding are of His First cousins too. Only time will tell when it happens.