The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Brazil

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Aristocracy

It was also posted on CNN:
Wreckage seen in search area for missing plane - CNN.com

Old 06-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducii View Post
Did he have a family ?? I mean children, wife...
no, not to my knowledge......

Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

How terrible. This news story is so strange. I feel awful for all of the families involved, including the imperial family.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 06-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducii View Post
Did he have a family ?? I mean children, wife...
No, he wasn't married and had no children.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness

I just saw his name on the list. How terribly sad.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
According to José at the Benelux Royals MB, the prince's cousin, princess Alix de Ligne, was supposed to take the same flight. She however took another flight.
That was mentioned by a Portuguese paper (Correio da Manhã). Another tabloid (24 Horas) dedicated the front page to the Prince:

http://bancadejornais.sapo.pt/2009/06/02/24.jpg
Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Nobility

Tragic. There is no other word. Let us pray for Prince Pedro Luis, for all those who perished in this accident, and for their families.

Let us also rejoice and give thanks that others, such as Princesse Alix de Ligne, still live. I can only imagine her parents' relief, mixed (as it must be) with grief over the loss of their nephew.

What a reminder that every day is a gift, for each and every one of us.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Big Dreams, From the Stage to the Throne, Vanish With Jet

SÃO PAULO, Brazil - The crash of Air France Flight 447, with 228 people on board, ended many dreams. Few were as grand as that of 26-year-old Pedro Luíz de Orléans e Bragança: to be king of Brazil.

Born in Rio de Janeiro, Mr. Orléans e Bragança was a descendant of the Portuguese royalty who reigned in Brazil until the late 19th century. He was passionate about returning Brazil to a monarchy. He was returning to Luxembourg, where he was living as the guest of a duke.
Read more about Prince Dom Pedro Luiz on The Wall Street Journal
Old 06-03-2009, 03:44 AM
Gentry

This event is incomprehensible. It's gut-wrenching each time some new person's identity and background is revealed.

When I heard a plane from Brazil to Europe had been lost, I fleetingly wondered about everyone I know/know of in Brazil, including the Orléans e Braganças and the Lorentzens. I was shocked when one of them actually appeared on the passenger list.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydep1 View Post
such sad news not only conerning the prince and his family, but also of the other poor people which has perished and thier families, my heart goes out to everyone concerned.

however , if it was not for this site, i would had never had known abt the prince being on the doomed flight. i have been following the british / american news reports on tv, but theres been no mention of the prince at all.

i am wondering if any other members have seen any news reports elsewhere in the world in regards the prince being on the doomed plane?
thanks
It was mentioned in a dutch newspaper (with a picture of him):
Crash van Airbus is grootste ramp met Air France-toestel - Binnenland - Telegraaf.nl [24 uur actueel, ook mobiel] [binnenland]
Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Courtier

This is so sad news:( My deepest condolences to the family.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

At the website of the Imperial family of Brazil there is a special site for Pedro Luiz.

Google Übersetzer
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm really sorry, but...now I've lost my hopes.
Until now I hoped he and the others passengers were found alive, but...
My condolences to his Parents, his siblings, his Grandmothers and the whole Imperial Family and Ligne Family.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is an article (in Danish) about Prince Pedro Luis, may he rest in peace.

Dronningens veninde i sorg - familiemedlem ombord på AF 447
Old 06-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Article (in English) from the Hindustan Times.

Brazilian prince travelling on missing French plane- Hindustan Times
Old 06-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Gentry

Prince Pedro Luis

May he Rest In Peace! The Angels watch over him now and all the other souls who perished. My sincerest condolences.

MM
Old 06-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Courtier

I am very sorry to hear this sad news of Prince Pedro Luiz's death. May he rest in peace. My condolences to his parents, his brother, his sisters and his whole family.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Aristocracy

Princess D. Maria of Bavaria, unfortunately, lost her memory and is not conscient of anything.

The family is planning a mass at the Mosteiro de São Bento (a big barroque convent from the 18th century in the centre of Rio) for the HUGE crowds that probably will turn in, the European relatives also will be present.

D. Antonio and D. Cristina are starting to feel the burden and being emotional, they could not face a travel to Europe so soon.

D. Pedro Luiz visited São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis. Everywhere he met his cousins who are extremelly depressed and even in despair.

It´s not the first flight accident with a menber of the Brazililan Imperial Family as Prince D. Eudes suffered one when in honeymoon on his second marriage in Jamaica. The couple had to survive eating cannabis.
Pequeno príncipe - Ancelmo Gois: O Globo

D. Pedro Luiz gave an interview last march with SURPRISING declarations!! A way of thinking very far from the way of thinking of his single uncles.
For instance he gave a positive opinion on the Lula´s administration:

"O Brasil é, nesta altura, um país respeitado que faz parte do G-20. Como vê esta nova imagem do Brasil no mundo?

D. Pedro: Estou muito contente com a performance económica do Brasil, tudo derivado da política de Lula da Silva. Sou um apoiante das opções políticas do governo brasileiro, que na minha opinião está a diminuir o fosso entre os brasileiros."
Causa Imperial -Notícias
http://www.famososeglamour.com/geral...ial-do-brasil/
Old 06-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Paola de Orleans Bragança Sapieha prays for her cousin, D. Pedro Luiz

Princesa Paola reza por primo no voo Air France - Notícias - Portal CARAS
Old 06-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Princess D. Maria of Bavaria, unfortunately, lost her memory and is not conscient of anything.
Is this loss of memory of D. Maria connected to the death of D. Pedro Luiz, or is it a situation she already was in? I hope so...