The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Brazil

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Courtier

This is so sad, my condolences to the family :(

Is Pedro Luis the only remaining heir to this branch of the Brazilian Imperial family? His two uncles don't have sons and I don't think girls are allowed to inherit anymore, or am I mistaken? Either way, the loss of a child is far more devastating than the loss of an heir to an extinct claim. My thoughts are with the families of everyone on the plane :(

His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 06-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

D. Marina Laffayete de Andrada, my lady friend, telephoned to D. Luiz and D. Bertrand to present her condolences but their secretary answered they were in their private chapel praying for their nephew.
D. Marina told me also her nephew by alliance, Prince D. Pedro, the older, married to D. Fátima, had visited D. Antonio and D. Christine and they showed enormous strenght given by their faith.
I talked also to Princess Maria Isabella di Savoia-Genova twice during the day, first to tell her the tragic news, and second to ask how she was. In the second phone call she told me she telephoned D. Isabel de Herédia (the Duchess of Braganza) and the Duke of Braganza but they knew already about the tragic event and they told her they had met the young prince recently in Portugal with Princess Michael of Kent (I think it was mentionned here in another thread) and there will be a mass tomorrow in Lisbon.
In Brazil people celebrate mass for the deceased only 6 or 7 days after the death

Old 06-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
This is so sad, my condolences to the family :(

Is Pedro Luis the only remaining heir to this branch of the Brazilian Imperial family? His two uncles don't have sons and I don't think girls are allowed to inherit anymore, or am I mistaken? Either way, the loss of a child is far more devastating than the loss of an heir to an extinct claim. My thoughts are with the families of everyone on the plane :(
girls are allowed to inherit but D. Pedro Luiz had a brother, D. Rafael, born in 1986
Old 06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto2244 View Post
they knew already about the tragic event and they told her they had met the young prince recently in Portugal with Princess Michael of Kent (I think it was mentioned here in another thread)
That meeting was on March 3rd. The duke and duchess of Anjou also attended: http://www.theroyalforums.com/2757-r...n-in-portugal/
Old 06-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
That meeting was on March 3rd. The duke and duchess of Anjou also attended: http://www.theroyalforums.com/2757-r...n-in-portugal/
thanks. Oh, I forgot to say the Duke of Braganza told Princess Maria Isabella di Savoia-Genova D. Pedro Luiz was expected again in Portugal next month
Old 06-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Nobility

This is such terrible news for all those concerned. I do hope it is not as bad as it looks but in any event all of my condolences and prayers go out to the Brazilian Imperial Family and the families of all the rest of the people on the plane. Despite how far we've come humanity is still at the mercy of the elements as we are reminded all too often.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I am so sorry for his family and loved ones. I pray that they will be able to find answers and peace.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Nobility

here is a video I found on youtube...It old and probably is already on this site somewhere... but It has a brief summary of the Imperial Family including a couple of pics of Pedro luiz, along with his father and Uncles. Has pics of his sisters. Also their are pics of the new Heir Rafael and an Video of him Speaking.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Nobility

As a Brazilian and a monarchist, I feel extremelly sad with the death of our prince. He was too young.

Brasil/Avião Príncipe entre os desaparecidos - Expresso.pt

A portuguese headlines about what happened.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Serene Highness

It is just shocking. Pedro was so young. It is horrifying when someone so young dies so suddenly. I am so sorry for Brazilian Imperial Family. Condolences to them.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 06-02-2009, 04:49 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
In the second phone call she told me she telephoned D. Isabel de Herédia (the Duchess of Braganza) and the Duke of Braganza but they knew already about the tragic event and they told her they had met the young prince recently in Portugal with Princess Michael of Kent (I think it was mentioned here in another thread)
Yes, there's a photo of him at that event on this blog:

http://inparties.blogspot.com/2009/0...apresenta.html

Quote:
and there will be a mass tomorrow in Lisbon.
Diário de Notícias asked D. Duarte if he was planing to go to Brazil and he answered that if the death is confirmed, he will obviously accompany the family. He is planing to order a mass service in Portugal, but he says it would be just on the 7th day after the death.

"Vou mandar celebrar uma missa para os amigos" - Portugal - DN
Old 06-02-2009, 05:36 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The Belgian newspapers report that a person of the Brazilian-Belgian nationality was in the plane , newspaper de Standaard says that this is prince Pedro Luís. He was seated next to another Belgian.

De Standaard Online - Frans vrachtschip vindt brokstukken

---
A french ship seems to have found pieces of the plane.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Courtier

My condolences to the family.
Losing someone, yet so young, is always a terrible shock.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:14 AM
Royal Highness

I´m extremely sad over the death of young Dom Pedro Luis. In the morning, a friend of mine who belongs to the Monarchic Circle and is a private friend of Dom Antonio, told me the very sad news. He had just received a communication asking for prayers.
On the 6th of June there was going to happen a birthday mass for Dom Luis at the Outeiro da Gloria and afterwars a luncheon in his honour. But now, I think this mass will turn into a mourning mass for young Dom Pedro. We, Brazilian monarchists, are very sorry for this loss., and have been praying for the whole family.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope that he is in heaven. What a great loss for his family. I will pray for him and the other victims.

Brazil, I am so sorry!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Courtier

I would like to express my condolences for these sad new.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Nobility

such sad news

such sad news not only conerning the prince and his family, but also of the other poor people which has perished and thier families, my heart goes out to everyone concerned.

however , if it was not for this site, i would had never had known abt the prince being on the doomed flight. i have been following the british / american news reports on tv, but theres been no mention of the prince at all.

i am wondering if any other members have seen any news reports elsewhere in the world in regards the prince being on the doomed plane?
thanks
Old 06-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydep1 View Post
such sad news not only conerning the prince and his family, but also of the other poor people which has perished and thier families, my heart goes out to everyone concerned.

however , if it was not for this site, i would had never had known abt the prince being on the doomed flight. i have been following the british / american news reports on tv, but theres been no mention of the prince at all.
i am wondering if any other members have seen any such news reports elsewhere in the world in regards the prince?
thanks
Nothing here in Italy...as ever...
Old 06-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Condolences to the family ...
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 06-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Nobility

Did he have a family ?? I mean children, wife...