The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Brazil

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 07-25-2013, 01:20 PM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 4,232
I'm sure she'ss well aware of the consequences she'll have to face by marrying to Mr. Spearman.
BTW hopefully these consequences will remain only purely theorical and won't affect too much their life.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-25-2013, 01:46 PM
julliette's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,790
This announcement took me by susprise. I didn't even know she had a boyfriend. Anyway, I'm very happy to read about it.

I wish the couple all the luck in the world.

Does anyone know more details about the couple? When and where will the wedding be? Where will they live after the wedding, etc?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,262
I expect losing ones place in the line of succession to a non-existent throne is not so great a prince to pay. Since there does not seem to be any great family fortune to be cut off from marriage for love seems a perfectly normal choice to make. One can hardly live ones life based on family rules for an Empire and a throne that were lost more than 100 years ago.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,112
Poor Prince Rafael; the expectation and pressure intensifies.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-25-2013, 08:29 PM
julliette's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Poor Prince Rafael; the expectation and pressure intensifies.
Why? Nothing really changes for him...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
This announcement took me by susprise. I didn't even know she had a boyfriend.
I aware that Her Royal Highness was dating someone from the British gentry, but I was treating it as rumour, because it's was a cousin of mine, who lives in Belgium, who told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
When and where will the wedding be?
Tradition dictates she has to marry in Brazil. It's a long standing tradition. She'll probably marry at Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Glória do Outeiro, the Imperial Family's favorite church, in Rio de Janeiro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Where will they live after the wedding, etc?
Well, the Princess is currently living and working in London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Why? Nothing really changes for him...
Exactly. Princess Amélia was never the direct heiress. Her children would not be part of the Imperial Family in any way.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-26-2013, 03:03 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 13,882
That would depend wouldn't it? If her brother would marry a non-royal she (and her children) would be the one who will eventually have gotten the succession.

For now this means that in the end there will be four people left of her generation that can succeed: prince Rafael, princess Gabriela, and the son and daughter of the princess de Ligne. So the chances that the Vassouras branch will make it to a next generation just decreased with 20%. As said, they have made it very hard on themselves. Why I do not know, as ebenburtigheit was never a requirement for the thrones of Portugal or Brazil when they were existing.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
So the chances that the Vassouras branch will make it to a next generation just decreased with 20%.
As Prince Antônio always says, there's no "branch". There's a Imperial Family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Why I do not know, as ebenburtigheit was never a requirement for the thrones of Portugal or Brazil when they were existing.
Princess Isabel introduced it, as a House Law, when she was the Head of the Imperial House, and no subsequent Head of the Imperial House decided to end with this Law.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-28-2013, 12:05 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
That would depend wouldn't it? If her brother would marry a non-royal she (and her children) would be the one who will eventually have gotten the succession.

For now this means that in the end there will be four people left of her generation that can succeed: prince Rafael, princess Gabriela, and the son and daughter of the princess de Ligne. So the chances that the Vassouras branch will make it to a next generation just decreased with 20%. As said, they have made it very hard on themselves. Why I do not know, as ebenburtigheit was never a requirement for the thrones of Portugal or Brazil when they were existing.
Succeed to what? A non-existent throne that will never be. They should live their lives for their own joy. They are good people who should have real lives.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Succeed to what? A non-existent throne that will never be. They should live their lives for their own joy. They are good people who should have real lives.
They are standing up for their beliefs, that's their joy, that's their lives, and the lives of their supporters too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Succeed to what? A non-existent throne that will never be.
You've been a member here for six years now, surely you understand that it involves a whole lot more than "a non-existant throne"? These people are aristocrats representing a proud dynasty with a proud history and a long and distinguished royal lineage. They, or at least some of them, believe in preserving it. This is what aristocrats do. The issue is not so much the "non-existant throne" but the Headship of the House, dynastic preservation and the upholding of those values and beliefs they hold dear.

Those memebrs of the family who wish to continue certain dynastic or family traditions will do so, those that don't won't. Either way they are living their lives they way they want. It doesn't affect most of us personally so what's the problem?
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-28-2013, 05:45 AM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I aware that Her Royal Highness was dating someone from the British gentry, but I was treating it as rumour, because it's was a cousin of mine, who lives in Belgium, who told me.

Tradition dictates she has to marry in Brazil. It's a long standing tradition. She'll probably marry at Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Glória do Outeiro, the Imperial Family's favorite church, in Rio de Janeiro.

Well, the Princess is currently living and working in London.

Exactly. Princess Amélia was never the direct heiress. Her children would not be part of the Imperial Family in any way.
what does amelia do in london exactly? i imagine that's where she met her future husband?

i am coming late into this discussion, but i guess that since she marries an aristocrat she is conforming to the family tradition? or does she need to marry an aristocrat of a certain level for her "rights to succesion" to be held?

i hope the couple release an official picture of them so that we get to know the groom!
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
what does amelia do in london exactly? i imagine that's where she met her future husband?
Princess Amélia is an architect, she's living and working in London, previously, she was living and working in Barcelona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i am coming late into this discussion, but i guess that since she marries an aristocrat she is conforming to the family tradition? or does she need to marry an aristocrat of a certain level for her "rights to succesion" to be held?
Normally, only a marriage with a Prince would be recognized as Dynastic. James has an interesting set of ancestors, but he has no title.

But there's a precedent, the Princess Amélia's great-aunt, Princess Pia Maria (1913-2000), married a Count of Nicolay and was allowed to kept her succession rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i hope the couple release an official picture of them so that we get to know the groom!
The Imperial Family hasn't issued any official note about the engagement, yet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
You've been a member here for six years now, surely you understand that it involves a whole lot more than "a non-existant throne"? These people are aristocrats representing a proud dynasty with a proud history and a long and distinguished royal lineage. They, or at least some of them, believe in preserving it. This is what aristocrats do. The issue is not so much the "non-existant throne" but the Headship of the House, dynastic preservation and the upholding of those values and beliefs they hold dear.

Those memebrs of the family who wish to continue certain dynastic or family traditions will do so, those that don't won't. Either way they are living their lives they way they want. It doesn't affect most of us personally so what's the problem?
I have no problem, I see two very nice looking and lovely young people, one who is making a choice to live a normal, happy life and is being faulted for not upholding an ancient and useless tradition in todays day and age. If it can be noted that most of the functioning, European Monarchies have long since moved forward and have accepted wonderful new blood into their fold. Now, if they found someone who fit the bill, that is fine, but to spend time and lose good opportunities for happy unions for this, I think it is a mockery.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-31-2013, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
A Monarchist page on Facebook found a picture of James Spearman.

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...28613521_n.jpg

He seems to be a good guy. I hope he'll make my Princess happy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 AM
julliette's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,790
Great find. Thanks for sharing, BrazilianEmpire
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
HRH Prince Antônio of Brazil attended a staging of the day Emperor Pedro II of Brazil gave Imperial status to the Church of Nossa Senhora da Glória do Outeiro.

FAMÍLIA REAL NO OUTEIRO DA GLÓRIA | Hildegard Angel
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
According to columnist Marcia Peltier, Princess Amélia of Brazil will marry Alexander James Spearman on August 2014, in Rio de Janeiro.

They are both 29 and living in London, where the Princess is working as an architect, and James, graduated in History and Economy, works in a bank.

Although the Imperial House hasn't announced the engagement, I think Peltier is a reliable source, as she's the sister of Princess Maritza of Orleans-Braganza, wife of Prince Alberto of Orleans-Braganza, Princess Amélia's uncle.

Jornal do Commercio Marcia Peltier: Franquia em alta
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-28-2013, 08:29 PM
julliette's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,790
So, we'll have to wait a year to see Amélia as a bride
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
So, we'll have to wait a year to see Amélia as a bride
And I'm sure she'll be a stunning bride. Mom is already hoping for an invitation.

The wedding will probably take place at Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Glória do Outeiro, but I would like to see a Imperial Wedding at Petrópolis Cathedral, the Duke of Braganza's parents married there, in 1942.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royals with many names and titles marian Royal Life and Lifestyle 108 03-26-2014 05:35 PM
The Family and Lineage of Princess Michael of Kent Vicki J British Royals 184 03-10-2014 01:57 PM
The Act of Settlement 1701 and the Line of Succession Elise,LadyofLancaster British Royals 912 02-04-2013 07:05 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim prince laurent princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess charlene daytime fashion princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]