Imperial Family of Brazil 1: Ending 2021

• Thread starter CountessofLuxembourg
  • Start date

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the groom and the bride graduated in medicine; Pablo works as a plastic surgeon, while Maria Elisabeth is a pediatrician.

As for Princess Lelli, I guess she is Maria Teresa's twin sister, Princess Maria Gabriela.

I never knew that they were identical twins. So whenever I saw one of them I identified her as the wife of Jan Hessel de Jong (MT). But it is more logical indeed that Leli is a nickname used for Maria-Gabriela indeed. Thanks!

Maria Christina of Orleans-Braganza (born 1989), the only daughter and second child of Prince Joao Henrique (Petropolis non-dynastic branch of the Brazilian Imperial family) has Down syndrome.
Despite that Maria Christina is a keen photographer, and has her first exhibition in Rio de Janeiro.
Her parents Joao Henrique and Stella Christina, and brother Joao Felipe helped her with the exposition.

Article in Portuguese with photos
Google translation into English

Wow, what an active young woman! She deserves a lot of respect!

Thank you Kasumi. Maria Christina is a talented young woman and has an eye for photography, very gifted.

Wow! Maria-Christina's photographs are wonderful!;) and she seems to be very talented.:) She got a good eye for photography.:)

HRH Princess Maria-da-Gloria Orleans Bragança, Duchess of Segorbe and her eldest daughter Sol de Medina y Orleans Bragança (heiress apparent to the Dukedom of Segorbe) at Château d'Eu on October 22nd, 2011.

**Pic** - from Facebook

Princess Maria-da-Gloria is a non-dynast member of the Brazilian Imperial family (Petropolis branch).
She is first cousin of King Juan Carlos, niece of late Countess of Paris and ex-wife of Crown Prince of Serbia.

Congratulations to the couple!
The groom is a talented photograper, I like his Formula-1 photoshoot.

This will probably be one of the nicest Brazilian Imperial weddings we've seen as it will be in Petropolis Cathedral (Duarte Nuno & Maria Francisca Duke & Duchess of Braganca were married here) and she belongs to the branch of the family that still owns a place, the Grao Para Palace.

The Grão Pará Palace (CASA DOS SEMANRIOS II (PALCIO GRO-PAR) - ANTIQUUS - Terra Fotolog) is located just behind the Museu Imperial de Petrópolis, the old summer palace of D. Pedro II (only a garden separeted them then, now there is also a street). (Museu Imperial)
It was called then Hospederia dos Semanários da Corte, where the families of coutriers lived when in service of the Emperor. The Cathedral (Túmulo Família Imperial - Catedral de Petrópolis - YouTube) is just one or two blocks away from the Museum and is the resting place of Emperor D. Pedro II, Empress Thereza Chistina, Princess Isabel and Count D'Eu and the Prince of Grão-Pará). Those buildings are not luxurious but are very charming. I have found those links on Internet so they are not the best but I will look for the photos I took in Petropolis and I will post them, along with some more information on the thread about historical royal places as soon as I can. Actually, Princess Paola's mother moved from London to the Grão Pará Palace when she got divorced.

Last edited:
Does anybody know what/where Bom Despacho is and why is the prince visiting it?

The Imperial Prince will be in Divinopolis on the 29th of February.

She is not a member of the Imperial Family I suppose.

:previous:
Princess Paola de Bourbon de Orleans e Braganza is the daughter of Princess Cristina Maria of Orleans-Braganza and Prince Jan Pavel of Poland.
Her maternal grandparents were Princess Maria of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (the youngest daughter of Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and his wife Princess Louise of Orleans) and Prince Pedro of Orleans-Braganza - one of two claimants to the Brazilian throne.
Princess Paola's uncle (the elder brother of Princess Cristina Maria) is Prince Pedro Carlos of Orleans-Braganza, who is considered the Head of the Imperial House of Brazil (his rival claimant is Prince Luis of Orleans-Braganza)

She is a descendant of the morganatic branch of the Imperial Family.

This link GENEALOGY OF THE BRANCH OF ORLEANS-BRAGANZA helps to visualize better the genealogy of the family, athough is stops at Princess Cristina Maria de Orleáns e Bragança (mother of the bride). They belong to the Petrópolis Branch and live at the Palácio do Grão Pará, just behind the summer Imperial Palace in the city of Petrópolis that is now a museum. The Palácio do Grão Pará was used at the time of D. Pedro II to house the courtiers the served the Emperial family.
The Branch of Vassouras is headed by Dom Luiz Gastão (this is how he is mostly known in Brazil, although in his official site http://www.monarquia.org.br/NOVO/AcasaImperial/BiografiadLuiz.html he is called SAIR, o Príncipe D. Luiz de Orleans e Bragança)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom