Imperial Family of Brazil 1: Ending 2021

• Thread starter CountessofLuxembourg
  • Start date

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they married commoners, and therefore they had to renounce for themselves and their descendants.

:previous: Thanks for answering my question MAfan!.

does any one know why do they have to give up their rights and their descendants rights to the Brazilian Throne if they marry commoners?

does any one know why do they have to give up their rights and their descendants rights to the Brazilian Throne if they marry commoners?
Dear Shikha Pal,
if you read this thread from the first page you will find the answer youself. This topic was discussed several times already.

:previous: Thanks for the Information!.

Is it true that Prince Pedro Luiz lived comfortably but he didn't have a luxury life?, I am asking because It was written on wikipedia : " he lived comfortably but without luxury. He had no car, he had to travel around Rio de Janeiro by bus and foot"

Which is the official website of the Imperial Family of Brasil?

Prince Eudes of Orleans Bragança and his wife Patricia Annechino Landau are expecting their first child in 2011. Prince Eudes a grand son of prince Pedro Henriques of Brazil and Pricness Maria of Bavaria. He is the son of another prince Eudes of Orleans-Bragança and Mercedes Neves da Rocha. Eudes sr. renounced his rights upon his marriage.

Carnet rose dans la famille impériale du Brésil | Noblesse & Royautés

:previous:

Actually, they are expecting twins. :flowers:

(Paul Theroff Royal News)

My rusty knowledge of French skipped that part completely, but noblesse & royautes stated that too. Anyway, from this site:
Royal News of 2010, Section I
I see that the sister of pricne Eudes, princess Maria Antonia and her husband Eduardo de Carvalho Moreira had their first child, a son called Eduardo on March 26th.

Their cousin princess Maria Carolina has a second child, called Maria Sofia. The girl was born on October 6th. Her husbands name is Nuno de Carvalho Moreira. Did the two cousins marry two brothers?

This link Yahoo! Groups informs that D. Pedro and D. Eudes are brothers and their daughters (cousins) have married two brothers, descendents of Francisco Ignacio Carvalho, Baron of Penedo (title conceded in 1864 by D. Pedro II of Brazil for his lifetime).
The Baron was Ambassador in the USA and England, and was a descendent of King Sancho I of Portugal on his mother's side.
What I find interesting is "Although the respective fathers of the two Brazilian princesses, HI&RH Prince Pedro and HI&RH Prince Eudes de Orleans e Braganca (the second and fourth sons respectively of the Princess Imperial (née Princess Mary of England, Scotland, France, Ireland and Bavaria) and the late Prince Imperial of Brazil, Dom Pedro Henrique), have both renounced their rights to the Brazilian Throne (as have their other brothers and sisters, who have contracted non-dynastic marriages), their rights in the Jacobite line of succession to the Thrones of England, Scotland and Ireland are in no way affected."

Last edited:
According to Hildegard Angel, social colunmist, Dona Maria Elizabeth de Orléans e Bragança (daughter of Prince Francisco de Orléans e Bragança [himself the son of Prince Pedro Henrique de Orléans e Bragança and of his wife, Princess Maria of Bavaria] and of his wife, Claudia Regina Godinho) will marry to Pablo Trindade de Souza on 6 August at Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Glória, in Rio de Janeiro.

Source: Royal News of 2010, Section I

:previous: I remember that I was clearly mentioned that they will wed on 6th August 2011 :)

Most interesting video on the Brazilian Royals

Jornal Nacional is the TV news of 8 pm of TV GLOBO. Jornal Nacional is watched every night by almost 100 million persons in Brazil.
The video is fascinating! In less than 3 minutes it shows LOTS of pictures and there´s a short interview with D. João(zinho) de Orleans Bragança. The owner of the pictures that are being exposed in Rio.

The video is about this exhibition which was inaugurated last 23th february. You can watch it here (to watch it full screen click below on the right in "tela cheia".)

http://g1.globo.com/jornal-nacional/noticia/2011/02/exposicao-traz-fotos-ineditas-da-intimidade-da-antiga-familia-real.html

There are 6 big pictures in the link: Exposição "Retratos do Império e do Exílio"

Pictures of the guests at the party for the inauguration of the exhibition:
Blog da Hildegard Angel » Família real na intimidade

And an article on the exhibiton:
Imagens inéditas da vida privada da família real são expostas no Rio de Janeiro - 23/02/2011 - Da Redação

Last edited:
Orleans Bragança twins births

Patrícia Landau, D. Eudes´ wife, gave birth this morning, 8th June, in Rio de Janeiro to the twins called Eudes and Valentina.

Patrícia Landau, D. Eudes´ wife, gave birth this morning, 8th June, in Rio de Janeiro to the twins called Eudes and Valentina.
Biri has written about Eudes and Caterina, D.Eudes and Patricia's twins born in April 2011.
I wonder how can it be possible?:ermm:

It was a false rumour, that about birth in April, and name Caterina for a girl.
Even Hein Bruins mentioned them in his descendants list; Paul Theroff too, at the beginning, but removed soon.

It was a false rumour, that about birth in April, and name Caterina for a girl.
Even Hein Bruins mentioned them in his descendants list; Paul Theroff too, at the beginning, but removed soon.
Thank you, Biri, for the explanation. Now I see.:flowers:
So, that post is to be removed from the 'Royal Milestones' thread then.

Maybe don Raphael will conquer the brasilians'hearts for the Monarchy.

Thank you for posting that link, MAfan. Does anybody know anything about the background of the groom?

All the Ligne-Orleans-Bragança cousins are very pretty IMO.

Good to see Princess Christine and her husband!

I suppose that princess 'Lelli' is princess Maria Teresa, mrs. de Jong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom