Imperial Family of Brazil 1: Ending 2021

• Thread starter CountessofLuxembourg
  • Start date

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Federal Police announced yesterday the identification of the body of Pedro Luiz de Orleans e Bragança.
The burial will be today (06/07/2009), discretamante, only with the presence of family members.​

This is so nice . Pardon me, that I have no other words. Congratulations !:heartflower:

I am so relieved that the body of Prince Dom Pedro Luis was recovered and buried. This brings a sort of "closure" to the horrible events of his death.May God give his parents lots of strength and faith to go on with their lives.

Do you know which members of the family attend the wedding ?
I guess the family is still in mourning for D.Pedro-Luis.

Last edited by a moderator:
To sell part of your own heritage it is becasue they need the money of they are to greedy?they should to have some kind of foundation to keep with all that but Brazil is democratic now so it is property of the famiy now .....

Is this the same Pedro de Alcantara whose son has married recently?
Is he so desperate to get some money?
OMG, he should have sold the painting to the Brazilian national museum. I believe the museum can give him money for the nation's heritage.

Today is the 95th Birthday of HRH Princess Dona Maria d'Orleans-Bragança, née Princess of Bavaria.
Now she is the last member of the Bavarian Royal Family to be born before the fall of the Monarchy (and I guess the oldest member of the Brazilian Imperial Family).

HI & RH Princess Isabel of Orléans and Braganca married Alexander,Count zu Stolberg-Stolberg today in Rio de Janeiro.

The bride,(31) is a daughter of HI&RH Prince Fernando who gave up
his rights of succession as he married Maria de Graca Baere de Araujo in 1975.

The groom is the son of Jozef,Count zu Stolberg-Stolberg and his belgian born wife Jaqueline,Countess zu Stolberg-Stolberg,
néé Lady de Duikinberg.

The House of Bourbon Parma is represented by TRH Prince Jaime and Princess Maria-Carolina de Bourbon Parma.

Hi,

the sunday magazine of the newspaper Jornal do Brasil of today publishes tens of pictures of the wedding with its guests. Princes, princesses, counts, duchesses.
I don´t know how to copy and paste.

The link is http://jb.ideavalley.com.br/flip/index.php?idEdicao=37868f8f42d596756684ad8c3e798527&idCaderno=373a7087c984bc98396d15e946928d1c

Go to pages 61, 62 and 63.
To enlarge the pictures you need to be registered at Jornal do Brasil, it´s free!

The pictures will be available at the archive from next sunday. The archive is by the left side below, "edições anteriores", the edition of 25/10/2009

I wonder if this lady is the part of the Brazilian Imperial family.

November 21st Pss Patricia of Orleans and Braganca passed away at Gran Para Palace in Petropolis.
She was a wife of Prince Pedro Carlos. She was suffering from cancer I believe.
An article
Am I correct with her title as Imperial Princess and Princess of Brazil?

She is part of the Imperial family, but she is not a Princess of Brazil. She was the morganatic wife of her husband and therefor "HRH Princess of Orleans-Braganza" instead of "HIRH Princess of Brazil, Princess of Orleans-Braganza."

And if remember correctly the only one who is Prince or Princess Imperial of Brazil is the heir (and if the heir is male, his spouse.?)

Josette

Last edited:
She was the second wife of Prince Pedro Carlos, the eldest son of the late Prince Pedro Gastao (brother of the late Countess of Paris) and Princess Maria de la Esperanza, née Princess of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (an aunt of King Juan Carlos of Spain).

Princess Robijn, you're right: only the heir apparent to the Brazilian Throne is Prince Imperial of Brazil, and his heir carries the title of Prince of Grao Para; nowadays both Prince Bertrand (brother of Prince Luis Gastao, Head of the Imperial Family) and Prince Pedro Thiago (son of Prince Pedro Carlos, and stepson of the late Princess Patricia) claim to this title.

Princess Robijn and MAfan, thanks a lot for your explanations.

I wonder why the Wikipedia and the official site of the Brazilian Imperial family (www.monarquia.org.br) refer Pss Patricia as the consort of the descendant of the last Brazilian Emperor but still not the member of the Imperial family...
To be specific only two uncles, a grandmother, parents and siblings of the recently late Prince Pedro Luiz are refered as the Imperial family of Brazil. Is this correct?

The reason is quite simple: although the descendants of Emperor Pedro II are a big number, a lot of them have renounced to their rights to the Throne in order to marry a commoner or are descendants of these Princes who have renounced.
In 1908 the eldest son and heir of Princess Imperial Isabel (daughter and heir of Pedro II) renounced to his rights to marry Countess Elisabeth Dobrzensky von Dobrzenicz (they were the parents of the late Countess of Paris and of Prince Pedro Gastao, the father-in-law of the recently died Princess Patricia).
Therefore the rights passed to Isabel's second son, Luiz, and then to his own son Prince Pedro Henrique.
Pedro Henrique had 12 children, but only a few of them are still members of the Imperial Family of Brazil, because of they're unmarried (Prince Luiz Gastao, Prince Bertrand, Princess Isabel, Prince Rafael, Princess Amelia and Princess Maria Gabriela) or married equally (only Prince Antonio and Princess Leonor, married to two Princes of Ligne).
The present members of the Imperial Family are Imperial and Royal Highnesses, Princes of Brazil and of Orleans-Bragança; all the other male descendants of the last Emperor (descendants of morganatic marriages or Princes who have renounced) are Royal Highnesses and Princes of Orleans-Bragança.
The Head of the Family is only Imperial Highness and Prince of Brazil (titular Emperor of Brazil), since as Head and titular Emperor loses his rights to the French Throne.

The story of Pedro Carlos looks quite tragic: both his wives died when still young.
I am also impressed by the fact that Patricia married when she was just 16 y.o.!

The Head of the Family is only Imperial Highness and Prince of Brazil (titular Emperor of Brazil), since as Head and titular Emperor loses his rights to the French Throne.

According to the official website, the Head of the family is "Imperial and Royal Highness."

1 - Sua Alteza Imperial e Real, o Chefe da Casa Imperial do Brasil

Causa Imperial - Os Títulos no Brasil

Josette :flowers:

He may not have any right to the French Throne but he still has the style of HI & RH as Princess Robijn has stated (confirmed in Burkes Royal Families of the World Vol I).

My mistake, you're right; I remember to have read it somewhere, but surely I was remembering wrongly.
My apologies for this mistake.

I also have been surprised when I read that Patricia was just 16 when she married a man who was 19 years older then her...

:previous:
Prince Pedro Carlos has had a rough ride - his first wife Rony Kuhn de Souza died just two days after giving birth to their son Prince Pedro Tiago in January 1979.

Why did she die? From any complications after childbirth?

Do you have any idea what the interview says?

Do you have any idea what the interview says?

The Princess talks about what she does daily, about her childhood and her relationship with her grandparents. Her family love for Sevilla, therefore the Semana Santa celebrations, wether she feels herself haf spanish, half brazilian, and the meaning for the family beign part of a dethroned imperial and royal family, and about her relationship with her godfather, the king juan carlos, and that she admires the spanish royal family.

HRH the Princess Maria Elisabeth de Orleans e Braganзa (born 1982), the eldest daughter of HIH the Prince Francisco de Orleans e Braganзa is going to marry Pablo Trindade in August 2011.
Is it this one Pablo Trindade?

Does anyone know why did D. Eudes, D. Pedro, D. Fernando, D. Francisco and D. Alberto give up their rights and their descendants rights to the Brazilian throne?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom