Imperial Family of Brazil 1: Ending 2021

• Thread starter CountessofLuxembourg
  • Start date

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Count Alexander zu Stolberg-Stolberg (b. 26 February 1974) [firstborn of the four children of Count Franz zu Stolberg-Stolberg (b. 1936) and his wife Jacqueline, nee Florin de Duikinberg (b. 1942) and his wife Isabel, nee Princess of Orleans-Braganza (b. 30 January 1978) [firstborn of the three daughters of Prince Fernando of Orleans-Braganza, born a Prince of Brazil (b. 1948) and his wife Maria da Graça, nee de Siqueira Carvalho e Baère de Araújo (b. 1952)] had their second child and son, Count Lorenz zu Stolberg-Stolberg, born on September 5 2016, in Brussels, Belgium.

A brother for Count Louis-Bernhard zu Stolberg-Stolberg (b. 16 December 2014).

Count Lorenz was named after St. Lawrence Giustiniani (1381-1456), whose Feast falls on 5 September on the General Roman Calendar.

He's the second grandson of his maternal grandparents. His two aunts, Princess Maria da Glória of Orleans-Braganza (b. 1982) and Princess Luiza of Orleans-Braganza (b. 1984) are single.

He's the fifth grandchild of his paternal grandparents. His uncle, Count Maximilian zu Stolberg-Stolberg (b. 1976), and his wife, Cecilia, nee dei Conti Floridi (b. 1974), have a son, Count Adrian zu Stolberg-Stolberg (b. 2013). His other uncle, Count Christian-Henri zu Stolberg-Stolberg (b. 1982), and his wife, Katherine, nee Jacobs, are the parents of two daughter, Countess Victoria zu Stolberg-Stolberg (b. 2013) and Countess Alice zu Stolberg-Stolberg (b. 2015). His aunt Maria Isabella, nee Countess zu Stolberg-Stolberg (b. 1978), and her husband, Boris Kisselevsky (b. 1975), have a son, Kirill Kisselevsky (b. 2012).

Source: the Imperial House of Brazil.

Last edited:
That seems to be a nice initiative (the dfay and the princes participating in this manner). Thanks for posting the photos and information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last Saturday 10th, at the Windsor Florida Hotel in Rio de Janeiro, the XXVII Monarchical Meeting was held, annually attended by veterans and young monarchists from all regions of Brazil.
The conference room was packed with about 250 distinguished and attentive participants as more than 20,000 people watched the broadcast live on the Internet through the Terça Livre channel on YouTube to attend lectures by renowned speakers, Who dealt with subjects ranging from history and politics to culture and news.
Impossible to attend, Prince Dom Luiz de Orleans and Bragança, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, was dignified represented by his brothers, Prince Imperial of Brazil, Dom Bertrand of Orleans and Bragança, and Prince Dom Antonio de Orleans and Bragança, Sister-in-law, Princess Dona Christine de Ligne of Orleans and Bragança, and nephews, princes Dom Rafael and Dom Pedro Alberto de Orleans and Bragança.
Família Imperial do Brasil no XXVII Encontro Monárquico - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias
https://www.facebook.com/promonarquia/posts/1960742614162319

Prince Bertrand of Brazil received the visit of royalist historian Prof. Rogério Baker Tampellini, Araraquara
Príncipe Bertrand do Brasil recebeu visita do historiador e monarquista Prof. Rogério Belarmino Tampellini, de Araraquara - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

Condolences to the family RIP

Body of Princess Isabel of Orléans-Braganza is buried in Vassouras, RIO DE JANEIRO
Corpo da princesa Isabel de Orléans e Bragança é sepultado em Vassouras, RJ - G1 Sul do Rio e Costa Verde - RJTV 2ª Edição - Vídeos - Catálogo de Vídeos

Prince Rafael of Brazil in Monarchical meeting of Rio Grande do Norte
Príncipe Rafael do Brasil no I Encontro Monárquico do Rio Grande do Norte - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

Fourth eldest child of Prince Pedro. She is the first of his 12 children to die. Condolences to the family :flowers:

Apparently they try to keep the return of the monarchy alive.

Are there any prospects of a royal bride for Rafael? As that seems crucial at this stage...

Beautiful Christmas Message addressed by HIRH Prince Dom Luis Gastao to the Brazilians speaking about the Nativity of Christ:

"MENSAGEM DE NATAL DO CHEFE DA CASA IMPERIAL DO BRASIL

S.A.I.R. o Príncipe Dom Luiz de Orleans e Bragança, Chefe da Casa Imperial do Brasil, envia sua mensagem de Santo Natal e Próspero Ano Novo de 2018 a todos os Brasileiros:

Meus muito caros Brasileiros,

À Gruta de Belém acorreram os Santos Pastores e os Reis Magos, em um magnífico exemplo de harmonia social entre pequenos e grandes, para, junto a Maria e José, adorarem o Divino Infante, o Príncipe da Paz.

É a Paz de Cristo, no Reino de Cristo que, todos, tanto almejamos para que em nosso querido e hoje sofrido Brasil possa desabrochar o imenso potencial de bondade, harmonia e progresso, que nos está reservado nos desígnios da Divina Providência. Assim retomaremos as vias gloriosas de uma Nação autenticamente cristã e monárquica.

Diante do Presépio, na abençoada noite de Natal, com confiança e esperanças, sejam essas as intensões de nossas preces a Jesus, Maria e José.

Com esses sentimentos, desejo a todos um Santo Natal e abençoado Ano Novo para 2018.

São Paulo, dezembro de 2017
Dom Luiz de Orleans e Bragança
Chefe da Casa Imperial do Brasil"

Some photos of the Imperial family's summer residence I recently took at Petropolis, Brazil.

(No photos allowed inside unfortunately.)

Attachments

• IMG_3223.jpg
    IMG_3223.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3233.jpg
    IMG_3233.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3240.jpg
    IMG_3240.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3243.jpg
    IMG_3243.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 143
Are Alexander Count zu Stolberg-Stolberg and his wife Isabel Princess d'Orléans-Braganza expecting a third child?
I read at Nobiliana that their third child could be born anytime

Some photos of the Imperial family's summer residence I recently took at Petropolis, Brazil.

(No photos allowed inside unfortunately.)

Thank you VERY much for posting your photos. The summer palace is beautiful as is the Imperial carriage. I had never seen them before. Fantastic!

According to the caption the young lady with the grey hair and tattoo's is "far-right political activist Sara Winter". Her Wikipedia page calls her an 'ex-feminist" who in 2014 protested nude against chauvinism. Later she became a neo-nazi. Her real name is Sara Fernanda Giromini. She changed her name to Sara Winter in the honor of Sarah Winter, nee Domville-Taylor (1870-1944), a noted British society hostess, Nazi Supporter & spy and member of the British Union of Fascists.

Sara Winter is not a descendant of any emperor so she just attended as an interested party. Monarchy certainly makes strange bedfellows in Brazil ...

Last edited:
Prince Joao Henrique has recently transferred some of the Imperial family's collections to a national museum:

Le prince Joao Henrique d'Orléans-Bragance pour la reconstruction d'une musée national - Noblesse & Royautés

D. João Henrique (aka "The Surfer Prince") actually advocates moving some of the holdings at the Imperial Museum at Petrópolis to a newly rebuilt St. Christopher's Palace - which strikes me as perhaps a bad idea, given what has happened.

The palace at Petrópolis and its collections are fantastic. It would be horrible to expose them to possible danger by moving them to a less secure location.

I suppose the idea is that the newly built museum will be a more secure location? I have never seen the Petropolis palace but perhaps it is not as secure as one would hope, thus he perhaps fears the collection is not safe there?

D. João Henrique (aka "The Surfer Prince") actually advocates moving some of the holdings at the Imperial Museum at Petrópolis to a newly rebuilt St. Christopher's Palace - which strikes me as perhaps a bad idea, given what has happened.

The palace at Petrópolis and its collections are fantastic. It would be horrible to expose them to possible danger by moving them to a less secure location.

You're right - I got muddled amidst Google Translate (which I know is not the best of sources). A new article states that there was a fire at the national museum which is why the collection has to be moved:

Communiqué de la famille impériale du Brésil après l'incendie du musée national à Rio - Noblesse & Royautés

Prince Bertrand of Orléans-Braganza, laid a wreath to the tomb of Emperor Pedro I, who declared the independence of the country, marked the 196th Independence Day of Brazil on 7 September at the Imperial Crypt, Monument of the Independence in São Paulo

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=560aaeb3486f0072e0bb9aa2f78d5921&oe=5C276DA0
https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=60d2bc6ff5e09918c09580e0ef0e5f2d&oe=5C251A06
https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=87255844f141a372585dd0b8132b2929&oe=5C5EE7DF
https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=b0f741f1f3cd93bc7da48f2182b0b3a5&oe=5C1A1187

Princess Maria Gabriela or Leili (right) was one of the guests of Gislene Borges who gave an elegant lunch at her home in Brasil

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/borges-18.jpg

Isn't he born from a morganatic marriage and thus not a member of the Imperial House?

I can't see why any member of a former reigning house should be barred from any professions. They are free to pursue the life they want and that suits there interests and talents the most. The country has been a republic for 129 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom