The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Looks like someone has been browsing through the royal stud book again.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Looks like someone has been browsing through the royal stud book again.
It's a hobby. And the stud book is called Wikipedia.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenHelena View Post
Oh, a marriage between a Brazilian Princess and Liechtensteiner Prince would be wonderful! There is a great amount of beauty in both Families.
I read somewhere that Prince Bertrand, Prince Imperial of Brazil, wants that one of his nephews (Prince Rafael of Brazil and Prince Henri Antoine of Ligne) or one of his nieces (Princesses Amélia and Maria Gabriela of Brazil and Princess Alix of Ligne) marry a member of the Liechtensteiner Princely Family.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Bertrand is a very wise man, and he would be an incredible Head of State and Emperor for Brazil. I met with him and Prince Luiz, Head of the Imperial House, some years ago, when my husband and I traveled to Brazil.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I would include:

- Prince Josef-Emaneul of Liechtenstein (b. 1989).
- Prince Alexander of Liechtenstein (b. 1972).
- Prince Wenzeslaus of Liechtenstein (b. 1974).
- Prince Rudolf of Liechtenstein (b. 1975).
- Prince Hubertus of Liechtenstein (b. 1971).
- Prince Emanuel of Liechtenstein (b. 1978).
- Prince Ulrich of Liechtenstein (b. 1983).
- Prince Georg of Liechtenstein (b. 1977).
- Prince Johannes of Liechtenstein (b. 1969).
- Prince Leopold of Liechtenstein (b. 1978).
- Prince Carl of Liechtenstein (b. 1978).
- Prince Lukas of Liechtenstein (b. 1990).
Those are the ones that are already surely married; not entirely sure about some of the others. Plus, I would say that she would be much to closely related to Prince Josef-Emanuel as their grandparents are siblings. At least one of the others should already know Brazil due to his relationship with another well known Brazilian...
Old 04-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschana View Post
Plus, I would say that she would be much to closely related to Prince Josef-Emanuel as their grandparents are siblings.
I don't think that's a problem. Their late brother, Prince Pedro Luiz almost got engaged with his second-cousin, Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

That's true. The Archduchess was the only girlfriend Prince Pedro Luiz had.
Quote:
Those are the ones that are already surely married; not entirely sure about some of the others. Plus, I would say that she would be much to closely related to Prince Josef-Emanuel as their grandparents are siblings.
Thanks for the piece of information about the Princes marital status.

Quote:
At least one of the others should already know Brazil due to his relationship with another well known Brazilian...
I'm sure that dating Mariana Lima didn't made Prince Wence famous here in Brazil. Even she isn't that famous here. Although, if a Prince dates Gisele Buschen, he'll surely become famous here.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's a hobby. And the stud book is called Wikipedia.
An Online Gotha

Maybe you should broaden your search using the Gotha so you could eliminate those already married which Wiki doesnt always note.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
That's true. The Archduchess was the only girlfriend Prince Pedro Luiz had.
That Prince had a very strong sense of duty. I cried when he died. It was a great loss, not only for the Imperial Family, but for Brazil too.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Serene Highness

Don't worry. At Prince Pedro Luiz's funeral, Prince Rafael assumed the compromise of follow on his late brother's footsteps.
The future of the Brazilian Imperial Family is secured. Prince Rafael will be a great Head of the Imperial House. Who knows he can a great Emperor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
An Online Gotha
Maybe you should broaden your search using the Gotha so you could eliminate those already married which Wiki doesnt always note.
I use the Gotha and the Peerage for more accurate researches. Wiki is just for quick researches (but, of course, isn't alway very much accurate).
Old 04-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Who knows he can a great Emperor!
He surely will be a great Emperor.

Imagine if a daughter of Prince Rafael marry a son of Prince Afonso of Portugal. That would be wonderful!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Serene Highness

Wow! You are thinking too much ahead!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I don't know how things work in your country,perhaps there you have a very sexualised culture, but here, in Brazil, many people decide to only have sex after marriage.

Both Princess Amélia and her mother, Princess Cristina has said that the Imperial children were educated to only have sex after marriage. After all, this is a Christian teaching.
In the U.S. almost all people are educated to have sex after marriage, but in reality, something like 95% of people here have sex before marriage.

Which personally, I think is right and healthy and better- It means people tend to wait longer to marry, and that gives you time to look for the right match.

I too would be surprised if most of these people are waiting.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Serene Highness

But we don't have any reason to not believe on Princesses Amélia and Cristina.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
But we don't have any reason to not believe on Princesses Amélia and Cristina.
Oh, I wasn't trying to imply that. I honestly... for me, that's something that is so, so private that speculating about it is always rude. Plus, to me, it's also irrelevant. My rule is that anything of that nature that happens between consenting adults is private and not something that anyone should be judged or shamed for- either activity or lack of activity.

I do have a huge problem with the concept of a family having to approve a marriage, because to me, that's something that should be decided solely between the two consenting adults choosing to enter a marriage.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Oh, I wasn't trying to imply that. I honestly... for me, that's something that is so, so private that speculating about it is always rude. Plus, to me, it's also irrelevant. My rule is that anything of that nature that happens between consenting adults is private and not something that anyone should be judged or shamed for- either activity or lack of activity.
No one is speculating. Prince Rafael's mother and sister said that they were all educated to only have sex after marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I do have a huge problem with the concept of a family having to approve a marriage, because to me, that's something that should be decided solely between the two consenting adults choosing to enter a marriage.
The problem is that Prince Rafael isn't a normal person. Brazil isn't a Monarchy anymore, but, one day, he'll become the Head of the Imperial House, he'll represent the whole history of his country. There is some traditions he must follow.

And he said he'll follow the Dynastic Marriage tradition, so, there's no problem. The boy isn't been forced to do anything. He wants to marry a Princess.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I'm sure that dating Mariana Lima didn't made Prince Wence famous here in Brazil. Even she isn't that famous here. Although, if a Prince dates Gisele Buschen, he'll surely become famous here.
That's not what I said. I said that he should know Brazil - as in has visited and seen a bit of the country, maybe speaks a little Portuguese - and not that he would be famous there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenHelena View Post
I don't think that's a problem. Their late brother, Prince Pedro Luiz almost got engaged with his second-cousin, Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria.
Is that anything more than a rumour? She married Count Rodolphe of Limburg-Stirum a few years ago and they are apparently expecting their second child.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
That's not what I said. I said that he should know Brazil - as in has visited and seen a bit of the country, maybe speaks a little Portuguese - and not that he would be famous there.
Oh, sorry. I read too fast and didn't got your point.

Well, that's good, because anyone who marry one of the Princesses will have to live in Brazil (at least part of the year) and the children will have to be Brazilians.

Quote:
Is that anything more than a rumour? She married Count Rodolphe of Limburg-Stirum a few years ago and they are apparently expecting their second child.
Oh, no, they dated. I remeber the Duchess of Braganza talking about that, after the Prince's death.

And their mothers, Princess Cristina and Archduchess Marie-Astrid (who are very close since childhood) encouraged the match.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Administrator

They may have "dated" and the match may have been "encouraged" but the facts are that Archduchess Marie Christine married in December 2008 and poor Prince Pedro Luiz died in June 2009.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
They may have "dated" and the match may have been "encouraged" but the facts are that Archduchess Marie Christine married in December 2008 and poor Prince Pedro Luiz died in June 2009.
We all know what happened.

But they really dated, that's entirely true.

Tags
brazil, luxembourg, marriage, prince rafael of orleans-braganza, princess alexandra of luxembourg