The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenHelena View Post
Well, maybe will work for Grand Duke George and Princess Amélia.
Or maybe Princess Amélia will not repeat Princess Maria da Glória's mistake.

But I can picture Her Royal Highness as Grand Duchess Amélia of Russia.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, I have to agree. I would make the following matches with the young Brazilian Dynasts:

- Prince Rafael of Brazil (b. 1986) and Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg (b. 1991).

- Princess Amélia of Brazil (b. 1984) and Prince Ludwig of Bavaria (b. 1982).

- Princess Maria Gabriela of Brazil (b. 1989) and Prince Josef-Emanuel of Lichtenstein (b. 1989).

- Prince Henri Antoine (b. 1989), Hereditary Prince of Ligne, and Princess Maria Laura of Belgium (b. 1988), Archduchess of Austria-Este.

- Princess Alix of Ligne (b. 1984) and Prince Amedeo of Belgium (b. 1986), Archduke of Austria-Este.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

Great matches, Helena, I would be very happy to see all those weddings.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice choices, Helena.

I remember to have read some time ago in the Prince Amedeo thread that he was indeed rumoured to be dating Princess Alix of Ligne. People were discussing whether it was true or just a rumour, I don't remember what we concluded after all.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Serene Highness

The two are very beautiful young people, and Alix's parents are close to Amedeo's parents.
Prince Amedeo and Princess Maria Laura attended the mass in Beloeil after Prince Pedro Luiz's death, in 2009.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very beautiful indeed.

Are you aware whether the rumours are true or not?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

No. They are both very discreet. But I never heard about Stéphanie of Lannoy before the engagement, so, there's no reason to not believe that Alix and Amedeo are together, just because they aren't making the headlines.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Royal Highness

As in Alix, do you mean Alexandra of Luxembourg?
Old 05-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
As in Alix, do you mean Alexandra of Luxembourg?
From post 224 I take it they are talking of Princes Alix of Ligne?
Old 05-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
No. They are both very discreet. But I never heard about Stéphanie of Lannoy before the engagement, so, there's no reason to not believe that Alix and Amedeo are together, just because they aren't making the headlines.
You're right, they are both very discreet, so we'll probably never know unless they get married and we got to know it at the day of the engagement announcement like Guillaume and Stéphanie.

I think the rumour was spread by a belgium magazine around October last year and at the time of Guillaume&Stéphanie's wedding they left together, which obviously can mean nothing since they definetely know each other and likely are friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
From post 224 I take it they are talking of Princes Alix of Ligne?
Yes, we're talking about Princess Alix of Ligne. She's the daughter of Michel, Prince of Ligne, who is from Belgium, and Eleonora of Orleans-Bragança, who is brazilian.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness

We were talking about Her Highness Princess Alix of Ligne, born in Brussels, on June 3, 1984. She is the eldest child, and only daughter, of Michel, 14th Prince of Ligne, and Eleonora, Princess of Ligne (née Princess of Brazil).

As Her Highness was registred as a Brazilian citizen, she's the 10th in line to the Brazilian Throne. Princess Alix is an engineer, she's currently living and working in Brazil.

Princess Alix - http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr...8/10/alix1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
I think the rumour was spread by a belgium magazine around October last year...
I believe it's very possible they're together.
They know each other since childhood, their families are close. He's an Austrian Archduke, and she's a Brazilian Dynasts, both very traditional families, who praises Dynastic Marriages.

Alix is now living in Rio de Janeiro, and Amedeo is living in NY. If they are together, we'll probably have to wait a bit more to see they marrying.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Commoner

Hi Brazilian empire,

Can you share the info mentioning that Alix is now living in Rio de Janeiro? Well couple of weeks ago, out of my curiosity, when I checked on my long forgotten job networking sites, I typed her name and found her profile. In there it's written that she is currently living and working in Paris? I just want to know which one is the right info. :) thanks heaps
Old 05-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Serene Highness

Of course!

Here - Monarquia Já: Casamento do Arquiduque Christoph da Áustria com Adelaide Drape-Frisch - is saying that Princess Alix is living and work in Brazil, you can use Google to translate. The news are from January this year.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
This Amadeo looks pretty handsome. I have not seen a picture of Alix. I hope happiness comes their way.
Some pictures of Princess Alix, Mariel -

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...x_of_ligne.jpg

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr...8/10/alix1.jpg

http://www.revistaversatille.com.br/...6781088443.jpg

With her brother, the Hereditary Prince of Ligne, and their parents, the Prince and Princess of Ligne - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LFs2QJZZZk...s400/Ligne.jpg
Old 05-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Serene Highness

Marrying a Leichtensteiner Wittelsbach into the Brazilian royal family would be a coup if one cares about the descent of the Stuart line through Sophie of Leichtenstein. You know, of course, Brazilian, since you know all of these things, that Sophie's son was even born in England. And her mother was born in Sweden of a family who are supposedly Scottish for generations and traditional "aides" of the Swedish royal family (so I read, do not know if true). Sophie's son Joseph thus will be a Stuart descended claimant to the British throne. I have read that the Leichtensteiners do not concern themselves with such claims, but they are made for them by others who care, indeed care a lot. I do not know Amelia's age but probably too old for Prince Joseph? I think he's still at teenager but have not been following. I used to be on a site for Queen Marie Stuart and heard all about it, but that was long ago. I could not stand the nit picking over who was really descended from Marie Stuart. That site cared nothing at all, either, for the fact that Marie Stuart probably had porphyria, very well described in some readings I've done, and of course descended to her from Tudors as well as Stuarts. Everyone ignores this problem, but it IS a problem if it messes with your mind, which it can do. It can make a person like Marie Stuart not so much "insane"--no, not at all--but flighty, given to emotional weakness, and easily manipulated by more down to earth courtiers. Poor Marie. She had a handicap which made her no match for QEI, or any other wily courtiers.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Marrying a Leichtensteiner Wittelsbach
Oh, Mariel, I think you got confused. The Princely Family of Liechtenstein is the House of Liechtenstein, the Wittelsbachs are the Royal Family who ruled Bavaria (now, part of Germany).

Quote:
You know, of course, Brazilian, since you know all of these things, that Sophie's son was even born in England.
Thank you, Mariel, I feel flattered.

Quote:
I do not know Amelia's age but probably too old for Prince Joseph? I think he's still at teenager but have not been following.
Oh, yes, Princesses Amélia and Maria Gabriela are too old to marry Prince Joseph-Wenzel. Princess Amélia is 29, and Princess Maria Gabriela is 24.

We think the most suitable husband for Princess Amélia is Prince Ludwig of Bavaria (b. 1982).

Princess Amélia's paternal grandmother was Princess Maria Elizabeth of Bavaria (1914-2011), whose brother, Prince Ludwig (1913-2008) is Prince Ludwig's grandfather. So, Princess Amélia and Prince Ludwig are second cousins. They already know each other, as the Families are close.

Prince Ludwig - http://www.royaltyguide.nl/images-fa...2%20Ludwig.JPG

And a video of him -

The Liechtensteiner Prince that we think is suitable for Princess Maria Gabriela is Prince Josef-Emanuel (b. 1989). He's the son of Prince Nikolaus and Princess Margaretha (née Princess of Luxembourg). Princess Margaretha is Princess Cristina's (Princess Maria Gabriela's mother) first cousin, and they are very close since childhood.

Prince Josef-Emanuel - http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-D13nsCoLOv...600/liech1.jpg
Old 05-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Ludwig seems to be a very serious guy, and he's quite handsome. A Prince Josef-Emanuel is also very handsome. Princesses Amélia and Maria Gabriela are very beautiful. They would form beautiful couples.

Oh, I would love if Princess Alix marry Prince Amedeo. They would be the most beautiful couple ever!
I wonder about their children's nationality. They'll be Belgians, Brasilians or Austrians? And what about titles?

I made this photomontage for Alix and Amedeo!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alix e Amedeo.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	288956  
Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Serene Highness

Well, Princess Alix is Brazilian, that's why she's in line to succeed to the Brazilian Throne. Although Archduke Amedeo is a Prince of Belgium, I don't think his children will receive this title, they will probably be only Archdukes/Archduchesses of Austria-Este.

As Amedeo is Austrian (according with Wikipedia, maybe it's wrong), I believe it's necessary to be an Austrian citizen is order to have succession rights to the Austrian Throne, so, their children will probably be Austrians.

But the line of succession to the Austrian Throne is regulated by Salic Law, wich means that their daughters (if they have any) will not have Austrian succession rights. So, their daughters can be registred as Brazilians, in order to have rights to the Brazilian Throne.

As Amedeo is Austrian and have rights to succeed to the Belgian Throne, I belive Belgiam nationality isn't required to succeed to the Belgian Throne (again, this can be wrong, because Wikipedia can give wrong information).

So, a possible scenario:

- Sons: Austrians citizens, in the Line of Succession to the Austrian Throne.
- Daughters: Brazilian citizens, in the Line of Succession to the Brazilian Throne.
- All their children will be in the Line of Succession to the Belgian Throne.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Serene Highness

Brazillian, I think I'm right about the descent of Sophie of Liechtenstein. She is, yes, a Princess in Bavaria. Her father Max is heir to the present Duke in Bavaria, Franz, who has no children. Max has five daughters, Sophie being the eldest. She is therefore, by some people's calculations, the direct heir to the Royal Stuarts (there are other candidates, but she has an unimpeachable descent). She is, of course married to Duke Alois of Leichtenstein. Her son Joseph Wenzel is the direct heir of the Stuart throne on her line. Presently the Stuart afficianados who like this line think of Duke Franz as the rightful King of England. By their reckoning, Joseph Wenzel will someday be the King of England (not actually but de juris--I hope I have that term right). So the Wittelsbachs carry the descent of the Royal Stuarts, for those who follow this line. Sophie has three sons and one daughter, I believe. Princelings for Catholic princesses?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, you're right. But only the Wittelsbachs from Duke Max's branch of the Family are in the "Jacobite Line of Succession". Prince Ludwig aren't from this branch.

Tags
brazil, luxembourg, marriage, prince rafael of orleans-braganza, princess alexandra of luxembourg