The Habsburg Monarchy and Dynasty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Severin von Habsburg , der kleine Ferdinand , Otto von Habsburg und Georg l-r , juengster Sohn von Regina und Otto von Habsburg am Mittwoch 22.02.2006 auf der Veste Heldburg Kreis Hildburghausen. Auf Wunsch von Regina von Habsburg , der Frau des Kaisersohns Otto von Habsburg und geborenen Prinzessin von Sachsen-Meiningen , wurden ihre Mutter , Herzogin Clara von Sachsen-Meiningen , und ihr Bruder , Prinz Anton-Ullrich , vom Heldburger Friedhof in die renovierte Familiengruft auf der Veste Heldburg gebracht. Zu der feierlichen Umbettung reisten sowohl das Ehepaar Otto und Regina von Habsburg als auch deren sieben Kinder sowie etwa 60 Gaeste nach Sueddthueringen.

Foto : Stefan Thomas lth c dpa

Last edited:
Thanks purple_platinum. This appears to be the reburial of the the parents and brother of Archduchess Regina, wife of the Archduke Otto, Head of the Habsburgs.
The Saxe-Meiningen Ducal Family vaults in Hildburghausen have been renovated.

thanks, warren..
could you tell who's who on the 2nd pic. i recognize Archduke Otto, but the rest?

purple_platinum said:
thanks, warren..
could you tell who's who on the 2nd pic. I recognize Archduke Otto, but the rest?
Yes, Archduke Otto and his second son Archduke Georg. The caption says "Severin von Habsburg" and "little Ferdinand". I assume the latter is Archduke Ferdinand Zvonimir, Prince Imperial of Austria, son and heir of the Archduke Karl. As to Severin, he is not an Archduke nor a Habsburg, but Severin Meister, son of Archduchess Gabriella, herself a daughter of Otto. I have checked the G-ARMB but there is nothing about this family event there; purple_platinum, you were first with the news! :)

House of HABSBURG-LOTHRINGEN

hELLO,
I would be intrested to know if the ruling family of Austria still live in the country and do they actively promote the the royal house within europe. I would also like to see some picture of the family and in particular: Helene Marina Elisabeth zu TOERRING-JETTENBACH

many thanks,
Donwan

Last edited by a moderator:
donwan said:
hELLO,
I would be intrested to know if the ruling family of Austria still live in the country and do they actively promote the the royal house within europe. I would also like to see some picture of the family.
The Habsburgs are a very large extended family whose members live all over the world. Some live in Austria, and some Imperial private properties have been retained; the Archduke Otto lives in Bavaria.

Apart from this thread, the Old, New, Royal and Blue forum has extensive pictures and coverage of various Habsburg weddings.

donwan said:
hELLO,I would be intrested to know if the ruling family of Austria still live in the country and do they actively promote the the royal house within europe. I would also like to see some picture of the family and in particular: Helene Marina Elisabeth zu TOERRING-JETTENBACH
A lot of pictures can be found at the website of seegerpress, only type in what you search for in german for example Helene von Habsburg.
A detailed Genealogy ca be found on my Website in the genealogy Section from both the Imperial Line and the Tuiscany Line.

Bran Castle restored to Archduke Dominic

US architect Archduke Dominic von Habsburg (-Tuscany), (C), accompanied by his wife Countess Emmanuelle, (2-L), his sister Archduchess Maria Magdalena, Baroness von Holzhausen, (2-R), and his family lawyers in the courtyard of Bran castle before the ceremony to return Bran castle to the Habsburg family, in Bran village, 190 Km north from Bucharest, Friday 26 May 2006.

Archduke Dominic who inherited the castle, was forced to leave with his family in 1948. The 14th-Century fortress - whose real name is Bran Castle - has appeared in dozens of Hollywood Dracula films. It was owned by the late Queen Marie who bequeathed it in 1938 to her daughter, Princess Ileana (who was married to Archduke Anton of Austria of the Tuscan branch of the Habsburg family). When the communists took power in Romania, the castle was confiscated and fell into disrepair.The castle has since become one of Romania's most popular tourist attractions

from anp

Attachments

• 3136832.jpg
    3136832.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3,039
  • 3136834.jpg
    3136834.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 513
  • 3136836.jpg
    3136836.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 679
  • 3136839.jpg
    3136839.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,402
  • 3136840.jpg
    3136840.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 385
  • 3136842.jpg
    3136842.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,068
  • 3136843.jpg
    3136843.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 799
  • 3136845.jpg
    3136845.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 704
Bran Castle, Romania

Prince Dominic of Habsburg just received back from the Romanian state the castle of Bran. Could you please let me know how he is related to the Hohenzollern Romanian royal family ? He must have close ties to them since the castle was a favorite place of the late Queen Maria, grandmother to King Michael Ist and who greatly contributed to the decoration of the castle.

Many thanks !

Habsburgs and Hohenzollerns

mihai said:
Prince Dominic of Habsburg just received back from the Romanian state the castle of Bran. Could you please let me know how he is related to the Hohenzollern Romanian royal family?
King Ferdinand and Queen Marie's daughter Princess Ileana married Archduke Anton of Austria (Tuscany branch) in 1931. On her death in 1938 Queen Marie left Bran Castle to Ileana. Archduke Dominic is one of Ileana and Anton's sons, and so the ownership of Bran Castle is now held by a Habsburg Archduke.

Princess/Archduchess Ileana and King Carol were brother and sister; Archduke Dominic is thus a first cousin of King Michael.

Does anyone know how Dimitri [SIZE=-1]d'Asburgo Lorena or Principe Dimitri [SIZE=-1]Kunz d'Asburgo Lorena fits into the family tree of the Habsburg-Lothringen? A lot of guidebooks about Florence claim that this restaurant-owner is really a Habsburg-Lothringen (I checked: d'Asburgo-Lorena ist the italian translation of "Habsburg-Lothringen). But how does he fit into the family? And where does the "Kunz"-part of the name comes from? He is said to have a son Soldano and a daughter Anastasia.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

On the homepage of the restaurant it says that there is a castle in the Val d'Elsa of Tuscany.

http://www.ristorantelagiostra.com/inglese/frameset.html

:confused: :confused:

I looked a bit further and found that the family claims direct descendency from Peter Leopold of Habsburg (later emperor Leopold II. of Germany).

Jo of Palatine said:
Does anyone know how Dimitri [SIZE=-1]d'Asburgo Lorena or Principe Dimitri [SIZE=-1]Kunz d'Asburgo Lorena fits into the family tree of the Habsburg-Lothringen? [/SIZE][/SIZE]
I looked a bit further and found that the family claims direct descendency from Peter Leopold of Habsburg (later emperor Leopold II. of Germany).
Jo, there is nothing in Burke's Royal Families of the World Vol I. This may indicate this restauranteur is a descendent via a female line, or a morganatic line.
Leopold II, Holy Roman Emperor, died in 1792 so we are going back a long way. :)

There's a Soldano Kunz d'Asburgo-Lorena who is Rosita Celentano's (Adriano Celentano's daughter) current boyfriend... No comment. :(

leonardinha said:
Did you know that Francesca von Habsburg was backing vocalist of Visage?
I wonder what "Chessie" found in Karl Habsburg. I wonder what Karl found in her apart from her money. After all she is the future empress-pretender of Austria-Hungary... wonder what Otto Habsburg thinks of this if he even knows.... Talk about a Mette-Marit of Norway.... :rolleyes:

Somehow there are people I simply don't understand. Where I simply have no idea how they tick. Or better - if I get an idea how they could be ticking I simply don't want to follow up on these thoughts....

Chessie's marriage brought her into new royal circles. Despite her family's wealth, she wasn't considered equal to the royal families of Europe and the Habsburgs were one of, if the not the, greatest royal dynasty in European history. Now she's a member of that family, even if only through marriage.

...Duchess being the courtesy title, and princess being her hereditary position. Point being that a royal duchess is different from a noble duchess. But thanks, really.

I just read Martha Schad's published edition of Marie Valerie's diary. Marie Valerie was the youngest daughter of Empress Elisabeth (and apparently the only child she was really interested in).
There is a picture in it that shows two elderly women in the Imperial Rooms in the Hofburg. One is sitting in a big chair, the other one is writing. The woman in the chair has white hair, the other one grey/black hair. The caption says that the picture shows Ida von Ferency and Empress Elisabeth. Does anyone know or remember this picture? If you do, can you tell me who of the women is Sisi? And do you know about any other pictures that show Elisabeth as a middle-aged or elderly woman?

Jo of Palatine said:
I wonder what "Chessie" found in Karl Habsburg. I wonder what Karl found in her apart from her money. After all she is the future empress-pretender of Austria-Hungary... wonder what Otto Habsburg thinks of this if he even knows.... Talk about a Mette-Marit of Norway.... :rolleyes:

I don't know what she saw in him - but I can imagine what he saw in her. She is attractive, outgoing, and seems to have a huge personality.
Luckily enough, and unlike Mette-Marit, she won't be an empress, so I don't care whether she toured with Marilyn Manson or the Chieftains. Besides, she looks quite good and reformed nowadays (no running around without any underpants on any more!).

Smilla said:
I just read Martha Schad's published edition of Marie Valerie's diary. Marie Valerie was the youngest daughter of Empress Elisabeth (and apparently the only child she was really interested in).
There is a picture in it that shows two elderly women in the Imperial Rooms in the Hofburg. One is sitting in a big chair, the other one is writing. The woman in the chair has white hair, the other one grey/black hair. The caption says that the picture shows Ida von Ferency and Empress Elisabeth. Does anyone know or remember this picture? If you do, can you tell me who of the women is Sisi? And do you know about any other pictures that show Elisabeth as a middle-aged or elderly woman?

Ida Ferenzcy was Introduced to Empress Elisabeth by Count Julius Andrassy. She became one of the Empress' closestfriend and served her until hse was too old to.
Here is a picture of Countess Ida (she is 3rd from left).
And this article can tell a great deal about her but unfortunately it's in German and my German is not nearly good enough to translate whole of it.

Avalon said:
Ida Ferenzcy was Introduced to Empress Elisabeth by Count Julius Andrassy. She became one of the Empress' closestfriend and served her until hse was too old to.
Here is a picture of Countess Ida (she is 3rd from left).
And this article can tell a great deal about her but unfortunately it's in German and my German is not nearly good enough to translate whole of it.

Thank you! So now I know who of the ladies in the picture I've referred to was Ida F., so the other must be Sisi as an old lady. Incredible, normally you only see the pictures that show her as a young beauty. I will scan the picture as soon as possible, I'm sure you will be as surprised as I was at Elisabeth's looks as an elderly woman.

After the night's thrilling counting of the votes in the Swedish general election on Sunday, it stands clear that Walburga von Habsburg Douglas, Swedish Countess via marriage and daughter of Archduke Otto, will take place in the Swedish Parliament for the Moderaterna party (Conservatives).

She was the second name on Moderaterna's Parliamentary list in the Sörmland County.

Ein Hauch von K.u.K. im Rathaus
Dr. Otto von Habsburg zu Besuch in Graz

Graz fühlt er sich freundschaftlich verbunden, schätzt die Vitalität hier und die Kombination aus Historie und Zukunftsorientierung: Dr. Otto von Habsburg, Sohn des letzten Kaisers von Österreich, Karl I., und Urgroßneffe von Kaiser Franz Joseph I., war heute Mittag zu Gast im Rathaus und trug sich - wie übrigens der Kaiser anno 1895 auch - ins Goldene Buch der Stadt ein.
http://www.graz.at/cms/beitrag/10060636/858929/
==================================================
Article about a recent visit of Archduke Otto to Graz. Includes pictures (1, 2, and 3)

Kaiser-Enkelin zieht ins schwedische Parlament

Stockholm, 18. September 2006
Die jüngste Tochter von Otto Habsburg, Walburga Habsburg Douglas, wird in den kommenden vier Jahren aller Voraussicht nach als Abgeordnete der konservativen "Moderaterna" im Schwedischen Reichstag sitzen.
http://www.oe24.at/zeitung/welt/weltpolitik/article37185.ece
=============================================
Article about Archduchess Walburga's election to the Swedish Parliament. In 2002 she had ran on the conservative ticket, but was unsuccessful. In 1999 and 2004 she had ran for the European Parliament.

Walburga and Otto von Habsburg in the aperture of the Parliament in Sweden

from seeger

Smilla said:

The Empress looks relatively young here, but I haven't seen this picture yet....

http://www.eiwc.org/gallery/Miscellaneous/images/Miscel-05_jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom