Imperial House of Habsburg 2: June 2007-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still I think the old Count Neipperg (grandfather of the groom) will not like the idea that his august blood will be deluded by the blood of a commoner named Wold - even if the bride has noble blood from one side.

Last edited by a moderator:
von Meran

The von Merans are a cadet line of the Habsburgs through the secret morganatic marriage of Archduke Johann, Vicar of the Empire, in 1823. The 'Count/Countess von Meran' title was created in 1844. They have not been destined to fade into obscurity as various members of the family have had success in marrying well.

some von Meran marriages:

a Count von und zu Trauttmansdorff-Weinsburg, the 11th Fürst zu Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst (Ratibor & Corvey) in 1965, the Erbgraf von Quadt zu Wykradt und Isny in 1992 (his mother a Princess of Bavaria), a Countess von und zu Eltz, a Princess of Schwarzenberg, Prince Heinrich XII Reuss in 1973, a Prince von Auersperg and a Prince von Auersperg-Breunner, a Countess Henckel von Donnersmarck (her mother a Princess of Luxembourg), and in 2001 a Countess von Waldstein (her mother a Habsburg Archduchess).

In 1995 Baroness Maria Theresia von Gudenus, a daghter of Countess Anna Maria von Meran, moved back into the Imperial and Royal line when she married Archduke Eduard.
Count Moritz von Goëss, who married Duchess Fleur of Württemberg in 2003, is a grandson of Countess Marie Valerie von Meran.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone again. It has been over two years since I have last posted here and the reason I come back is to answer a question. I was asked if I was still working on my book about the marriages of Habsburg grils. I have gotten to the point of writing the bones of the book, ie the basic facts for each girl and their family trees. I have also just started to research as well. Time does slip away fast. As I am an avid history book collector, I am able to use roughly 50 of books that I already own for research. So it is still along way off, but I have made a lot of progress in the past two years.

Welcome back, queenocastile. The book will be dealing with which Habsburg ´girls´?

I'd like some more information on Count Ferdinand and his wife, Countess Mary. When were they married? How long have they been married? Can you furnish any photos, recent or old?

If you mean Ferdinand von HL, who married a Sudanese woman, information about them is available at Ampleforth College's website (google Ampleforth College and then search the alumni section (it might be called Old Amplefordians) for Habsburg). Basic biographical is available from Theroff's Online Gotha (google Theroff Online Gotha and look at Austria, he's the son of Geza).

I did as you suggested, and I still couldn't find what I was looking for on information regarding the marriage of Count Ferdinand von Habsburg-Lothringen. There still much that I don't know. Is there any other place that I can look? Information appreciated. Thank you.

How much information do you want? He's a private citizen living in central Africa. There's not a lot of info about him readily available. His basic biographical details are provided. Photos of him, his wife and children, are rare.

I would love to see photos of their children. They were probably at the recent Habsburg funeral, but I imagine the photographers had more well-known royals to take pictures of.

They live in Africa and are from the Hungarian branch of the family, so they probably weren't at the recent funeral.

They live in Africa and are from the Hungarian branch of the family, so they probably weren't at the recent funeral.

Hence the reason I said "probably." They could have been.

There were some Habsburg fanatics at the funeral who kept track of the Habsburgs they spotted, and none mentioned this particular morganaut, or even his father, Geza, who was much more likely to have attended.

According to his message at his alma mater, he was in Kenya in January.

There were some Habsburg fanatics at the funeral who kept track of the Habsburgs they spotted, and none mentioned this particular morganaut, or even his father, Geza, who was much more likely to have attended.

According to his message at his alma mater, he was in Kenya in January.

"Habsburg fanatics" not mentioning him doesn't prove that he wasn't there.

Do you have a link to your source of info?

The Imperial House Of Habsburg

How much information do you want? He's a private citizen living in central Africa. There's not a lot of info about him readily available. His basic biographical details are provided. Photos of him, his wife and children, are rare.
:flowers:I was mainly interested in how they met, how long they've been married,etc. You know, basic information such as that.

I just know that there isn't much that we know. Did that make sense? To boot, I've only ever seen one photo of the couple and nothing of the children.

Archduke Martin of Austria (son of Archduke Robert of Austria-Este and of his wife, Princess Margherita of Savoy) and his wife, née Princess Katharina zu Isenburg (daughter of Franz Alexander Fürst zu Isenburg and of his wife, née Christine Gräfin von Saurma, Freiin von und zu der Jeltsch) had their second child, Emmanuel Achatius Franz Alexander, at Pavia on 15 February. (added 6 Mar 2008)

Royal News of 2007, Section I

This message was from two months ago and the archduke was then kept in a coma. He had severe injuries after his accident.
Two months later his life was saved but due to complications the doctors had to amputate a leg.

Thanks for awnsering, I have changed the title of this thread. Does the archduke live in Uruguay or in Argentina? And where was he treated? His mother does live in Argentine, right?

Both of them live in Uruguay.
The archduke was treated in Uruguay.
According to the article of Caras he is fighting for his life.

Last edited:
death of Archduke Raimund 1958-2008

Archduke Raimund died April 24th 2008. he was only 50. he married Bettine Gotz in April of 1994. He is survived by her and by three Kids, Archduke Felix 11, Archduchhes Sophia 10, and Archduchess Maria Teresa 8.

Archduke RAimund was the Nephew of Archduke Otto

Member's of Hasburg

Just some pics of them.

Attachments

• 140px-1st_Duke_of_Genoa.jpg
    140px-1st_Duke_of_Genoa.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,855
  • 150px-ClementineMaria.png
    150px-ClementineMaria.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,846
  • 150px-Joseph_II.jpg
    150px-Joseph_II.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,836
  • 160px-Joseph-Bonaparte.jpg
    160px-Joseph-Bonaparte.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,178
Who is James Von Lothringen Habsburg?? or Habsburg-Lothringen?

Someone was tlaking about him the other day, but i cant find anything about him :s

As posted by Jorge on the BRMB:

I just read in the newspaper that the archduchess and her husband, Ambassador Héctor Riesle, former president of the Chilean Association of Knights of Malta, will return to live in Belgium after 18 years in Chile. Their eldest son is a commercial pilot, while their daughters are studying at university, so I presume that they will stay in Chile.

the archduchess in question is archduchess Alexandra, daughter of the late archduke Karl-Ludwig and archduchess Yolande of Austria.

It became clear that on 4 March 2008 AD Karl-Christian and his wife Estelle de Saint-Romain got a daughter, called Zita. Godparents are ADss Marie-des-Neiges (sister of KC) and a brother of AD Estelle. She was born in Lyons.

The father , Karl-Christian, is the son of Archduke Rudolf and his wife Marie-Helene de Villefragne de Vogelsanck. Rudolf on his turn is the son of AD Carl Ludwig and Princess Yolande de Ligne. Karl-Christian is named after his uncle, AD Karl-Christian, who is married to Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg.

AD Karl Christian (the younger) and his father Rudolf belong to the Belgian artistocracy with the title 'prince of Habsburg-Lorraine'. Rudolf's other children do not have such a title so I am not sure if the newborn will be incorparated in the Belgian nobility as a princess.

Source: monarchen.nl

Last edited:
What a beautiful news!!! She is the first of a new generation of Archdukes

Marengo , Why is this annonced to-day ??
The little Archduchess Zita is born 4th of March ?? When was de wedding of Karl Christian and Estelle de Saint Romain ?

They married on June 2nd, 2007

Hello there to all Royal Fans.
I just recently ran into a friend of mine who is of Hungarian decent and he told me about Duke Gyorg Habsburg and a recent visit to the Toronto Hungarian Community. Here is a link to those of you who would like to view it, but most of it if not all is in Hungarian. There are smaller community cable channels here in Canada that are allowed to broadcast shows from the local smaller communities. This is from MGYAR HUNGARIAN TV in Toronto. I am not sure what he says and my friend couldn't tell me either. Sorry! I believe he was in Toronto around Oct 18 or so but I am not really sure.
Enjoy!
MM

YouTube - Exclusive interview with Prince George Habsburg
Toronto's MagyarTV interviewed Prince George Habsburg at the President Gala in the Hungarian House. Produced by Zsolt Kovessy for MagyarTV-Toronto's Hungarian Channel.

Back
Top Bottom