The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2007, 03:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by inigo View Post
The Archduke Gerhard (b. 1957), brother of Archdukes Lorenz, prince of Belgium, and Martin, is still unmarried. Has he been romantically connected with some lady of noble birth?
I've always wondered about that. I'm sure he's been pestered by his mother, a one Archduchess Margherita, and posssibly his siblings, for more grandkids to balance out the ratio 10:5. Maybe, it's been a lifestyle choice, maybe he's not all that into having kids, maybe being an uncle to about 10 nieces and 5 or so nephews is enough for him. I was aware that the sons of Emperor Karl tried to delay fathering children later on in their lives to ensure that they would survive [the grandkids of Emperor Karl and the continuation of the line].
By the way how old is Archduchess Margherita now? Is there any new news on her?

Old 07-12-2007, 05:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flctylu
By the way how old is Archduchess Margherita now? Is there any new news on her?
Archduchess Margherita, neé Princess of Savoy-Aosta, was born 7 April 1930.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

Here you can find a picture of Gerhard.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:25 PM

Hello,
The dispute of the head of the Habsburgs continues? But I suposse is nothing public, or is it?
There is a huge amount of castles, lands, etc, in dispute, so its obvious the interests are big. I identify some parties:
1. Archduke Otto and sons
2. his nephew Archduke Lorenz
3. (and 4?)his brothers Karl Ludwig and Felix, perhaps joined
5. (or 6)the branch of Tuscany
??
Old 08-04-2007, 04:25 AM
Administrator

I think we need to clarify this alleged "dispute". It is common knowledge that some members of the Habsburg family don't agree with the liberal "equal marriage" recognition granted by the Archduke Otto and his eldest son, but to translate that to a dispute over the Headship of the Imperial House seems to be pushing it.

It's always possible of course, but I doubt that the Habsburgs will want to go down the same road as the squabbling Savoys.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Serene Highness

BBC NEWS | Europe | Legal row over 'Dracula' castle
20 Sep 2007
Romanian MPs have become embroiled in a row over the ownership of Bran Castle - the 14th-Century building famous for its links to the Count Dracula story...
Old 10-11-2007, 03:55 AM
Courtier

Archduke Ferdinand and archduchess Katharina of Austria (known as Tita von Hardenberg) had their second daughter and third child Lara Sophie.
Archduchess Lara Sophie of Austria was born in Berlin on October 9th 2007.
She has one brother Jakob-Maximilian (22-1-2002) and one sister Paulina (14-1-2004).
Source: ARD teletext
Old 11-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Do I have this correct? If my very very limited German is correct and the German Wikipedia article is correct, the new Austrian Republic required the members of the Habsburg family to renounce their rights and become citizens of the republic. Most of the extended family did this and they kept their personal property. Karl did not and had to leave the country. His personal property, which was the bulk of the Habsburg fortune, was expropriated. The law was actually carried out haphazardly in various parts of the country. During the 1930s the government restored the expropriated property to a trust fund to benefit the family. The Nazis then re-expropriated it. The Second Republic has not never restored the funds and the family has never challenged it.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
There are only a few pics available on the "Other Noble Weddings" thread. It seems like the Habsburgs have been quite open to marriages to commoners. Count Ferdinand is married to Mary Nyanut Macher, Count Phillipp is married to Mayasuni Health, Count Conrad married Ashmita Gomi and yet another married Tereza Joao. So, not only diversity in terms of ethnicity and culture, but also in terms of non-equal marriages.

I'm not sure is the former Estelle de Saint Romain was a commoner though.
Hi there. I'm QueenBlanche and this is my first time on this forum and I find it very, very interesting and enthralling. What I would like to know is this; do you have any photographs of Count Ferdinand and his countess to post? I really would like to see some. And could you tell me a little bit more about Countess Mary, who she is, what she does and so on? Thank you so very much.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Nobility

according to Netty royalty page

Count Philipp von Neipperg b. 1978 and Paula Wolff b. 1981 are engaged to be married.

Count Phillip is the oldest son Archduchess Andrea Maria of Austria and Count Karl Eugen von Neipperg.

Paula Wolff is the daughter of Countess Ladislaja Eleonore von Meran (Desc of Austria) and Lukas Wolff
Old 11-30-2007, 05:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Still I think the old Count Neipperg (grandfather of the groom) will not like the idea that his august blood will be deluded by the blood of a commoner named Wold - even if the bride has noble blood from one side.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:29 AM
Administrator

von Meran

The von Merans are a cadet line of the Habsburgs through the secret morganatic marriage of Archduke Johann, Vicar of the Empire, in 1823. The 'Count/Countess von Meran' title was created in 1844. They have not been destined to fade into obscurity as various members of the family have had success in marrying well.

some von Meran marriages:

a Count von und zu Trauttmansdorff-Weinsburg, the 11th Fürst zu Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst (Ratibor & Corvey) in 1965, the Erbgraf von Quadt zu Wykradt und Isny in 1992 (his mother a Princess of Bavaria), a Countess von und zu Eltz, a Princess of Schwarzenberg, Prince Heinrich XII Reuss in 1973, a Prince von Auersperg and a Prince von Auersperg-Breunner, a Countess Henckel von Donnersmarck (her mother a Princess of Luxembourg), and in 2001 a Countess von Waldstein (her mother a Habsburg Archduchess).

In 1995 Baroness Maria Theresia von Gudenus, a daghter of Countess Anna Maria von Meran, moved back into the Imperial and Royal line when she married Archduke Eduard.
Count Moritz von Goëss, who married Duchess Fleur of Württemberg in 2003, is a grandson of Countess Marie Valerie von Meran.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:20 PM

Hello Everyone again. It has been over two years since I have last posted here and the reason I come back is to answer a question. I was asked if I was still working on my book about the marriages of Habsburg grils. I have gotten to the point of writing the bones of the book, ie the basic facts for each girl and their family trees. I have also just started to research as well. Time does slip away fast. As I am an avid history book collector, I am able to use roughly 50 of books that I already own for research. So it is still along way off, but I have made a lot of progress in the past two years.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Welcome back, queenocastile. The book will be dealing with which Habsburg ´girls´?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:13 PM

I'd like some more information on Count Ferdinand and his wife, Countess Mary. When were they married? How long have they been married? Can you furnish any photos, recent or old?
Old 01-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Courtier

If you mean Ferdinand von HL, who married a Sudanese woman, information about them is available at Ampleforth College's website (google Ampleforth College and then search the alumni section (it might be called Old Amplefordians) for Habsburg). Basic biographical is available from Theroff's Online Gotha (google Theroff Online Gotha and look at Austria, he's the son of Geza).
Old 02-13-2008, 05:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBlanche1st View Post
I'd like some more information on Count Ferdinand and his wife, Countess Mary. When were they married? How long have they been married? Can you furnish any photos, recent or old?
here you go
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...iswifeMary.jpg
Old 02-16-2008, 05:17 AM

I did as you suggested, and I still couldn't find what I was looking for on information regarding the marriage of Count Ferdinand von Habsburg-Lothringen. There still much that I don't know. Is there any other place that I can look? Information appreciated. Thank you.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Courtier

How much information do you want? He's a private citizen living in central Africa. There's not a lot of info about him readily available. His basic biographical details are provided. Photos of him, his wife and children, are rare.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Serene Highness

I would love to see photos of their children. They were probably at the recent Habsburg funeral, but I imagine the photographers had more well-known royals to take pictures of.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice

Tags
austria, habsburg, house of habsburg, house of habsburg-lorraine