Imperial House of Habsburg 2: June 2007-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was wondering if one of the bearded men in the picture was Borwin of Mecklenburg,but then I remembered that he's not a descendant of the Emperor.

The one in the front row?. I think that is prince Galitzine, the husband of Archduchess Maria Anna, daugher of the late Archduke Rudolf

The one in the front row?. I think that is prince Galitzine, the husband of Archduchess Maria Anna, daugher of the late Archduke Rudolf
No,but a bit to the left in the row behind him.

No,but a bit to the left in the row behind him.

Ah i see. But is that really a beard or perhaps a Face Maks lowered down a bit?. In any case it is not Duke Borwin but i don't know him either.

I am surprised by that too. Though several Habsburgs are working in the Hungarian diplomatic service at the moment. The late Crown Prince Otto was rather vocal about his disapproval of fascism so I do not understand why the family now is associating themselves with it so openly.

I have read that Princess Astrid of Belgium was there but I have not seen her on any of the pictures. And neither did I see any of her children, though the group photo is a little blurry. I can not figure out if AD Georg and his wife Eilika are in the group photo either, though we have seen other photos with Georg. Of the younger generation of the main line it seems that only AD Ferdinand could make it there?

Does anybody know who the lady is with the sunglasses, on our left of AD Karl Peter?

Last edited:
I have read that Princess Astrid of Belgium was there but I have not seen her on any of the pictures. And neither did I see any of her children, though the group photo is a little blurry. I can not figure out if AD Georg and his wife Eilika are in the group photo either, though we have seen other photos with Georg. Of the younger generation of the main line it seems that only AD Ferdinand could make it there?
Isn't that Princess Astrid next to Prince Lorenz. I have also seen pics from a Service in the Cathedral of Funchaals and there was one with her.

To me the lady next to Prince Lorenz seems like Archduchess Catherina, formerly married to a count Secco of the Oetker saga.

Last edited:
Elizabeth of Habsburg attended the Appraisers Association of America 16th Annual Award Luncheon at New York Athletic Club on April 13:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Nicolaus and Eugenia von Habsburg-Lothringen attended the Salvatore Ferragamo Frankfurt Store Opening in Frankfurt, Germany, on May 24:

** Pic **

Could someone help me with a question I have about Archduke Maximilian, born 1961, the third child and only son of Archduke Ferdinand and Countess Helene of Toerring-Jettenbach?

Some sources show the Archduke as only being married once, in 2005, to Sara Maya al-Askari, with whom he has two sons and a daughter.

Other genealogy sources also show a previous marriage in 1987 to Countess Lydia of Abensperg & Traun, with divorce in 1991.

Can anyone shed light on this supposed first marriage? Did it actually take place? It is not mentioned on the Theroff Gotha website, but does appear on the Bruins website. I've always viewed both as being highly reputable sources, so not sure which one to believe :)

Moderators - if this isn't the right forum, please feel free to move the post :)

Always interesting how children can be so very different from their parents. ADss Eilika always gives the -sensible- impression that there are a 1000 things she prefers to be doing over attending such events.

The archduchess looks lovely and is wearing earrings from the Bourbon-Parma family, that were recently auctioned by Pss Alicia's descendants.

Always interesting how children can be so very different from their parents. ADss Eilika always gives the -sensible- impression that there are a 1000 things she prefers to be doing over attending such events.

The archduchess looks lovely and is wearing earrings from the Bourbon-Parma family, that were recently auctioned by Pss Alicia's descendants.
But isn’t her husband an ambassador to France? It’s possible they were invited because of his ambassadorship and his background. The earrings belonged to her great-great grandfather, Robert I of Parma. The Habsburg girls are so tall and their dresses look nice from the pictures. They are quite beautiful and sure there will be suitors around them when the time is right.

Archduke Johannes of Austria was created knight of the Constantinian Order by his uncle Prince Pedro of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, the Grand Master, during the Investiture Ceremony held at the Cathedral of Barcelona on Saturday 30th September.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClyI_aostpX/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
He is the son of Archduke Simeon and Archduchess Maria (formerly Princess of Bourbon-Two Sicilies) and the eldest child and son of that marriage

Archduchess Priscilla of Austria (b.5 June 1979) [second of eight children and elder daughter of Archduke Rudolf of Austria (b.1950) & his wife Baroness Helene de Villenfagne de Vogelsanck (b.1954)] got engaged to Gabriel de Contreras Millán sometime this year.

Sources: Descendants of Archduke Franz Karl of Austria
https://www.angelfire.com/realm/goth...a/austria.html

Did they marry meanwhile?
Anything known about the groom?
Anything known whether FL and Mathilde have their first child meanwhile?

Archduke Géza attended the AAF Cultural Exchange Award Luncheon at the Union Club in New York City today, May 17:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Ah i see. But is that really a beard or perhaps a Face Maks lowered down a bit?. In any case it is not Duke Borwin but i don't know him either.

The gentleman in the beard in the front row, near the center of the photo, is Archduke Rudolf (a.k.a. Rodolphe) of Austria-Hungary, first son of the late Archduke Karl-Ludwig and elder brother of Carl-Christian. To his left - that is, to our right as we view the photo - is his spouse, née (Belgian) Baroness Marie-Hélène (a.k.a. Hélène) de Villenfagne de Vogelsanck. Together they have eight children. By royal decree of the former King of the Belgians, Albert II, Archduke Rodolphe, his spouse, and his descendants were incorporated into the Belgian nobility with the title of "Prince/sse de Habsbourg-Lorraine."

Last edited:
By royal decree of the former King of the Belgians, Albert II, Archduke Rodolphe, his spouse, and his descendants were incorporated into the Belgian nobility with the title of "Prince/sse de Habsbourg-Lorraine."

Their title is "Prince/sse", and their surname is "de Habsbourg-Lorraine". In Belgian nobiliary law, the surname is not part of the title. :flowers:

See here for a lengthier explanation and sources.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...1-ending-aug-2023-a-38975-18.html#post2324591

Back
Top Bottom