Habsburg Branches (including Teschen, Altenburg, Hohenberg & von Meran)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Clara von Altenburg [of the Tuscan line], who turned 31 fifteen days ago [daughter of Prince Johannes of Altenburg (b.1949) & his wife Eugenie, nee Fundulus (b.1953)] married Alessandro Marangoni this year.

Sources: Descendants of Archduke Franz Karl of Austria
Tuscany

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Christophe of Hohenberg attended the "Anne Hearst McInerney, Jay McInerney and George Farias Host Christmas Cheer" in New York City on December 13:

** Pic **

I don't know about Maria Henrietta and Maria Alice, but Archduchess Isabella was forced to marry to Prince Georg of Bavaria, though I don't know if it was her mother in particular to force her or in general her family.
Prince Georg was a son of Prince Leopold of Bavaria - son of Prince Regenr Luitpold and brother of King Ludwig III - and of Archduchess Gisela of Austria, the daughter of Emperor Franz Josef.
He and Archduchess Isabella were forced to marry in February 1912; in particular it was Isabella who didn't really want to marry him. During the honeymoon they spent all the time clashing and they were already separated before the honeymoon ended. They then went to Munich, in Bavaria, to reside there, but after just three days Isabella returned to Vienna. By the end of 1912 they were officially separated and in January 1913 their marriage was officially dissolved.
Isabella later in 1915 fell in love and wanted to marry to a surgeon, Paul Albrecht, but the marriage was forbidden by Emperor Franz Josef.

I guess one reason for the marriage to break down was the fact that Prince Georg had no sexual interest in his wife - after the divorce he became a catholic priest and moved to Rome. Isabella worked as a nurse during WWI and met Dr. Paul Albrecht, wanted to marry him but the emperor Franz Joseph did not allow it. Dr. Albrecht was responsible for quite some innovations in his field and became a professor in Vienna, so surely from today's view a good husband for the archduchess. But it didn't happen and Isabella moved on to Switzerland after WWi where she died unmarried in 1973.

Christophe of Hohenberg attended the Nick Moss: STEEL SHAPES Opening in New York City yesterday, January 10:

** Pic **

The bride and groom are distantly related, this website shows how:

https://gothanjou.blog/2021/06/13/f...-de-hohenberg-avec-la-baronne-assunta-de-loe/

I suppose another connection must go through the Habsburgs. The bride's paternal grandmother is Css Sophie of Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenhems, whose mother was Archduchess Gertrud of Austria 1900-1962. On her turn a daughter of AD Franz-Salvator of Austria-Tuscany ánd of ADss Marie-Valerie, daughter of Emperor Franz Joseph and Empress Sissi.

Congratulations to the happy couple!
I wonder why the bride did not wear the beautiful Hohenberg tiara. The tiara was last seen at the wedding of Princess Isabella in 2012, so it probably is still in the family.

Congratulations to the happy couple!
I wonder why the bride did not wear the beautiful Hohenberg tiara. The tiara was last seen at the wedding of Princess Isabella in 2012, so it probably is still in the family.

Perhaps she wanted to use a tiara from her Family, as i think she wears a small tiara.
And then not sue but could itbe that the Hohenberg tiaras is only used by brides from the Hohenberg Family but not by brides who marry in. Have seen this in some other Families.

Congratulations to the couple!

Isabella later in 1915 fell in love and wanted to marry to a surgeon, Paul Albrecht, but the marriage was forbidden by Emperor Franz Josef.

Isabella worked as a nurse during WWI and met Dr. Paul Albrecht, wanted to marry him but the emperor Franz Joseph did not allow it. Dr. Albrecht was responsible for quite some innovations in his field and became a professor in Vienna, so surely from today's view a good husband for the archduchess. But it didn't happen and Isabella moved on to Switzerland after WWi where she died unmarried in 1973.

Why wouldn't they marry then after Austria became a republic?

Perhaps she wanted to use a tiara from her Family, as i think she wears a small tiara.
And then not sue but could itbe that the Hohenberg tiaras is only used by brides from the Hohenberg Family but not by brides who marry in. Have seen this in some other Families.
Maybe you are right, I indeed haven't seen wedding pictures of brides who married into the family. But it is a pity, especially since Assunta von Loë married the heir. And after all, family traditions can be adapted and enhanced, if the family chooses to.

Why wouldn't they marry then after Austria became a republic?
Who know, things happen. The broken off engagement might have made them move on with their lives. Also, knowing her mother, I'm sure that more relatives than the Emperor were against the match.

Maybe you are right, I indeed haven't seen wedding pictures of brides who married into the family. But it is a pity, especially since Assunta von Loë married the heir. And after all, family traditions can be adapted and enhanced, if the family chooses to.

In October Karls sister Johanna wil marry a Count of Waldstein. Then we will see if she wears it. But i agree it really is a pity that the bride of the Heir didn't wear if for her Wedding.

From what do you know that it will be in October?

I've seen some really bad photos from the wedding of Valerie Hutter to Georg Hohenberg where she doesn't seem to be wearing the family tiara so maybe it is only for born Hohenberg brides?

Christophe of Hohenberg presented his new book "The White Album of The Hamptons" at MM Fine Art in Southampton, New York on July 31:

** gettyimages gallery **

Christophe of Hohenberg presented his new book "The White Album of The Hamptons" at MM Fine Art in Southampton, New York on July 31:

** gettyimages gallery **

Can't find him in the Hohenberg-Family who are descending from AD Ferdinand so i guess he doesn't belong to his descendants.

Archduke Wilhelm of Austria (1895 – 1948)

Archduke Wilhelm Franz of Austria, later Wilhelm Franz von Habsburg-Lothringen (10 February 1895 – 18 August 1948), also known as Vasyl Vyshyvani, was an Austrian archduke, a colonel of the Ukrainian Sich and a poet, a member of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archduke_Wilhelm_of_Austria

When in February of 1917 the Russian Revolution of its death blow in the empire of los zars, Ukraine created the moment of its authentic independence and of its definitive unification after the haberse maintained departure during of the siglos and fortress between the great powers of the East of Europe. As well as the support of the German and Austrohungarian empires, both enemies of Czarist Russia during the First World War, the possibility of seeking an ideal candidate for a new kingdom of Ukraine is considered, recovering the sights on Archduke Wilhelm of Austria, cousin brother of the King Alfonso XIII of Spain and also a cousin of Emperor Charles I of Austria.

In 1912, the young archduke had made a first trip to the Ukraine to confirm whether, as he had heard so much, the Ukrainians were a bunch of bandits and criminals, and he was soon fascinated by that culture whose rights he decided to set himself up as a champion against the will paternal. He was then studying at the Vienna War College and as soon as he graduated he went to the front of the World War, already raising the banner of the interests of the Ukrainians living in Galicia.

In 1916 he joined the Austro-Hungarian Parliament, encouraging his cousin, the new Emperor Charles I, to conceive the idea of creating a Grand Duchy of Ukraine, supervised from Vienna, of which he could be sovereign. An idea briefly cherished also from Germany, which was considering the possibility of raising a newly minted monarchy there, and it was then that William took his local name of Vasyl Vyshyvany, creating for him in Vienna a battle group of 4,000 Ukrainian soldiers who, without However, they were unable to prevent Bolshevik Russia from ending any attempt to consolidate a free and independent Ukraine. The country came under the rule of a Hetman (head of state) managed from Moscow, while certain political circles once again formed a plan to depose the Hetman and place William on the throne of a Ukrainian kingdom.

Times of failed plots that forced the Archduke to flee Ukraine in October 1918, to enter a tuberculosis sanatorium and later wander through the Carpathians hiding in different monasteries. Finally, in June 1919, he was arrested by Romanian soldiers and sent to prison for three months. After his release, he swore allegiance to the Ukrainian People's Republic, which entrusted him with the position of colonel of the international relations section, while condemning the massacres of Jews in Poland and confronting his father, who came to disinherit him
Source:
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...guillermo-primo-alfonso-xiii-ucrania_3383563/

Photos:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Vyshyvanyi_01.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/Vyshyvanyi_02.jpg

Monument to Wilhelm Habsburg in city Kyiv
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Пам'ятник_Вільгельму_Габсбургу.jpg

Last edited:
Christophe and Carolina of Hohenberg attended the Achille Salvagni Atelier Grand Opening in New York City on November 17:

** Pic **

Christophe and Carolina of Hohenberg attended the Achille Salvagni Atelier Grand Opening in New York City on November 17:

** Pic **

Could it be that this no member of Hohenberg-branch of the Habsburg-Family. Can't find him in the Genealogies and it seems he is an Artist. Perhaps it is only an artist-name

:previous:

See the exchange we've already had a few posts above :flowers:

If I understand the wikipedia article correctly the Meyern-Hohenberg family has nothing to do with the Habsburgs? The Hohenberg-part was a Prussian grant, added to the name of August Wilhelm von Meyern.

I hope this is okay to post, and I'm in the right forum thread. Moderators, feel free to remove or move.

The Daily Mail is reporting that King Charles has stripped Anthony Bailey of the OBE he received from Queen Elizabeth II in 2008 for 'services to inter-religious relations and charity'.

This is related to Bailey being handed a 12 month sentence last year, after being held in contempt of court for breaching a divorce agreement with his ex-wife, Princess Marie-Therese of Hohenberg (b. 1972), the daughter of Prince Peter of Hohenberg (1936-2017) and Christine-Maria Meilinger-Rehrl (b. 1945).

Full article here

Last edited:
12 months is quite a bit. Is it known how he breached the divorce agreement?

Back
Top Bottom