The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria > The Imperial House of Habsburg

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Gentry

A recording of the Emperor (if I understand the caption, when he was still an archduke):

The wedding of Karl and Zita:

(My favorite moment is 2:19 when Franz Ferdinand reaches to take some flowers from Franz Joseph, and right after that scene is good footage of the bridal couple.)

Old 03-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

recently the entire Coverage from the funeral of Empress Zita was uploaded to youtube

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thank you very much for sharing the video, Stefan!
A very tasteful video and a dignified ceremony.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:45 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

For those who undertand German, the interview of the Empress with the ORF from the early 80-ties has recently been uploaded to youtube:

She talks about her early life, AD Franz-Ferdinand, WWI, peace negotions, coronation in Hungary, excile, death of her husband, etc. etc. A very interesting document!

--------------------

And a documentary about the Empress:

Old 05-31-2012, 09:24 AM
Courtier

wow thanks Marengo. I have already seen this interview once on ORF in 1989 when I was seven years old. It was aired because of her death and I remember being totally fascinated by her. My great-grandfather once met her where she gave him the hand and until his death he was so proud of this little gesture of hers. Seeing the interview again I can finally understand him better. She really was an exceptional woman.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Courtier

Luxembourg: A Shrine for Blessed Emperor Karl
Old 09-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Nobility

Yes, here are several historical details and views of the church: Saint Mary Mother of God - Home

... as well as information about the shrine's dedication - although the parish would do well to learn to spell correctly the Archduke's first and family names! Not surprisingly, it will be a High Mass in the Tridentine (pre-1962 Latin) rite, which will be celebrated tomorrow, September 2nd, at 9am. Apparently Imre will offer a "first-class relic" (I didn't know that relics were graded by quality!) of his great-grandfather as a gift to the church:
Saint Mary Mother of God - Dedication of Shrine to Blessed Karl of Austria
Old 12-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness

Among the children of Emperor Karl I were the Archduke Karl Ludwig, the Archduke Rudolf, and the Archduchess Elisabeth. Was the Archduke Karl Ludwig named after his paternal great-grandfather, the Archduke Karl Ludwig, the brother of Emperor Franz Joseph I? Was the Archduke Rudolf named after the Crown Prince Rudolf? Was the Archduchess Elisabeth named after the Empress Elisabeth of Austria?
Old 12-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Courtier

Yes Carl Ludwig and Elisabeth were named after Franz Joseph's brother and Empress Elisabeth. Not sure about Rudolf but as far as I recall he was named after the founder of the dynasty: King Rudolph I.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes, Archduke Rudolph was indeed named after the founder of the dinasty, who was Count Rudolph IV von Habsburg, who in 1273 was elected King of the Romans and in 1286 became the first Duke of Austria.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mafan ,
Do-you know how many relics from blessed Emperor Carl car existing ?
We have one the Sablon Church of Brussels.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here is a list of nearly all the shrines and relics of Emperor Karl:
Emperor Charles

If I don't mistake, in a few days the Basilique de Saint-Epvre in Nancy (the church where Archduke Christoph and Archduchess Adelaide married last year) will also receive a relics of the Emperor, after a Mass attended by Archdukes Carl Christian, Marie Astrid, Christoph and Adelaide.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post

Yes, Archduke Rudolph was indeed named after the founder of the dinasty, who was Count Rudolph IV von Habsburg, who in 1273 was elected King of the Romans and in 1286 became the first Duke of Austria.
Sorry MAfan but Rudolph became Duke of Austria and Styria in 1278 after the battle of Drnkrut in which he defeated King Ottokar of Bohemia. He was Duke until 1282 when he gave Austria and Styria as well as Krain to his sons Albrecht and Rudolf. In 1276 he already became Duke of Carinthia and Krain and held the position until 1286. Then he gave Carinthia to his son-in-law Meinhardt of Gtz. But the first Duke of Austria was Heinrich II. Jasomirgott from the House of Babenberg. He ruled since 1141 over Austria and became Duke in 1156. Before that Austria was a so-called Markgrafschaft.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes, of course, you're perfectly right. I have mixed up some dates. Thanks for the corrections.
Btw by saying that he became the first Duke of Austria I meant that he was the first Habsburg Duke of Austria. I have written that quite imprecisely.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Courtier

Ah okay. I have already assumed you meant to write the first Habsburg who was Duke of Austria. 😄
Old 08-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Nobility

The Habsburg Family gathered for the celebration of Empress-Queen Zita's 90th Birthday, 9 May 1982

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...99812733_n.jpg
Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Royal Highness

"Habsbugs party of 73, your table is ready. How many high chairs and children's menus will you need?"

Thank you for sharing the photos and other information about Blessed Karl, Empress Zita and their children.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
The Habsburg Family gathered for the celebration of Empress-Queen Zita's 90th Birthday, 9 May 1982

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...99812733_n.jpg
Great picture ! Thanks for sharing Blog Real
Old 10-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Nobility

Mass in memory of Emperor Karl I in the Madeira Islands, Portugal
https://www.facebook.com/CausaImperi...type=1&theater

Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.

Tags
emperor karl i, empress zita, habsburg