Death and Funeral of HI&RH Archduke Rudolph (1919-2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilse

Nobility
City
Leeuwarden
Country
Netherlands
Archduke Rudolf passed away, 90 years old.

Archduke Rudolf died yesterday, 15 may; he is survived by his secodn wife, Archduchess Anna Gabriele, and by four of his 5 children. Here is a blog entry on him, on occasion of his 90th birthday last September.
My condolences to his family.

Archiduke Rudolf (91) passed away

Archiduke Rudolf , Charles and Zita 's youngest son, died yesterday.
Two of his elder brothers are still alive , Otto and Felix.
He was living in Brussels and I often saw him on important events.
His last wish and he did all what he could , is that his mother the late Empress Zita should be blessed such as her husband.
I wonder if he will be burried also in Vienna as his brother Carl-Ludwig a few years ago.
I wish to the Archiduchess Rudolf , Princess of Wrede, his second wife my condoleances. She did a lot for him in his old days

He was 90, not 91, he was born 5 September 1919.

Very sad news.

Josette

His first wife, Archduchess Xenia, and his late son Archduke Johannes are both buried in Muri, Switzerland (where are also buried Archduke Robert and Archduchess Anna-Eugenie, as well as the hearts of Emperor Karl I and Empress Zita); I guess Archduke Rudolph will also be buried there.
Any news on the funeral?

This is tragic news, my heart goes out to his family.

May he rest in peace.

Oh my God! This is a very sad new. Especilaly for Archiduc Otto, who lost recently his wife!.

May he rest in peace

Oh my God! This is a very sad new. Especilaly for Archiduc Otto, who lost recently his wife!.

May he rest in peace

It must indeed be difficult. I hope Archduke Otto manages through these tragedies. He is certainly the kindest and I hope he stays strong and resolute also. Our prayers go out to the family.

A Requiem Mass ( no funerals) on Saturday 29 May at 15.30 at the Church ND du Sablon(where the relics of his father the Late Emperor Charles are) will take place according to his death announcement in the belgian newspaper to-day.

Archduke Rudolph's (which is how he spelled his name) does not qualify as a tragic. He was 90 years old - he died naturally. That does not qualify as a tragedy.

This is tragic news, my heart goes out to his family.

May he rest in peace.

I quite agree, MarleneKoenig. Archduke Rudolph had a long life and he has reached a 'good age', though it is still sad. May he rest in peace.

Funérailles de l’archiduc Rodolphe à Bruxelles | Noblesse & Royautés
More deatils on the funeral of Archduke Rudolph: it will take place at 15.30 on Saturday 29 May 2010, at the church of Notre-Dame-du-Sablon in Bruxelles. Then he will privately be buried in the family vault in Muri on Friday 4 June.
A requiem mass will be celebrated in St. Stephan Cathedral in Vienna, on Saturday 12 June.

My condolences to his family and to his friends. He will be missed by them.

More sad news for this family I send my sympathies to them through his complex time. May he rest in peace.

Condolence

My sincere condolence to the the family. They are in my thoughts and prayers during this sad time of bereavement.

Rest in Peace.

My prayers and sympathies to the family.

Any news or pictures of the funeral of the Archduke yesterday afternoon?

Thanks Stephanievl,
Grand-Duke Henri , Prince Lorenz and Archiduke Carl-Christian are wearing the ordre de la Toison d'or (Golden Vlies ??) Excuse my bad english.
In Belgium , they are only 3 families belonging to the Order
The Prince de Ligne did not wear it but his late father was one of the 3 .

Order of the Golden Fleece.
Prince Phillippe is a Knight of the Austrian Order of the Golden Fleece aswell.
I can find Grand Duke Henri on the list, and Prince Lorenz is not listed but has it. I cannot find if ArchDuke Carl-Christian has it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lumutqueen Thanks

Archidukes Lorenz and Carl- Christian are Knights of the Austrian Order by birth because they are from the Imperial and Royal House of the Habsbourgs.

Prince Philippe did not wear "black tie"..like the others .. sad..
Surprised to see Léa at this royal event et surprised to see where she was sitting.

Would it be wrong of me to note that Archduke Carl Christian's family is really very attractive... including now Count Rodolphe. :whistling:

If you watch pictures of other funerals, you can notice that Philippe never wears black or totally black; for example, at the funeral of his father-in-law and of Prince Alexandre he wore a blue coat (but I think over a black suit).

Where was Léa sitting exactly?

Last edited by a moderator:
MAfan , you are right but by respect for the Habsbourg , he should were black and his decoration as knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece.
For Princess Mathilde's father Count Henri's his funerals were private.
AGAIN , Prince Philippe was BAD informed and his cousins Luxembourg like usual were perfect.

Oh my God! This is a very sad new.
My condolences to his family and to his friends.

MAfan , you are right but by respect for the Habsbourg , he should were black and his decoration as knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece.
For Princess Mathilde's father Count Henri's his funerals were private.
AGAIN , Prince Philippe was BAD informed and his cousins Luxembourg like usual were perfect.

I perfectly agree with you, he should have worn a black morning dress and black necktie; I really can't understand why blue. I mean, one thing is, for example, Queen Fabiola wearing in white or light grey as she uses to do for attending funerals, because this has a precise meaning; but blue? And with a grey necktie with patterns! :nonono:
(Mathilde please do something!)

Back
Top Bottom