Death and Funeral of HI&RH Archduke Otto (1912-2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is wonderful he is remembered everywhere.

ORF TVthek: Adelsbegräbnisse / Burials of royals:

Austrian TV compiled this film of clips of aristocratic burials, including:
Emperor Franz-Josef, Crown Prince Rudolf and Marie Vetsera (Mayerling), Empress Sissi, Empress Zita, Queen Wilhelmina, Princess Diana, Princess Grace, Prince Rainier, Princess Margaret, Queen Mum, King Baudouin, and Marylin Monroe.

ORF TVthek: Adelsbegräbnisse - 16.07.2011 12:10 Uhr

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ke-otto-1912-2011-a-31434-13.html#post1287440

I am very new on the forum. HIRH Archduke Otto's death is a very sad news. As I 'm back from holidays, I watched the funerals via Youtube and I wanted to watch the film on aristocratic burials on the upper link but I doesn't work. Does anyone can help me?

Thank you very much

I scrolled up to #222, and it's no longer there.

It's not available anymore because ORF only keeps video for a week or so.

That's a great pity because it is packed full of interesting clips.
Any point in asking ORF for a repeat?

I know that here in Germany TV station are keeping most of their videos for a week or two. It's due to the law, it would be illegal to keep the videos for longer, it could be the same in Austria.
Unfortunately I don't think they would keep the videos even if someone would ask them to...

I know that here in Germany TV station are keeping most of their videos for a week or two. It's due to the law, it would be illegal to keep the videos for longer, it could be the same in Austria.
Unfortunately I don't think they would keep the videos even if someone would ask them to...
Saschana is right I am afraid. I don't think ORF will repeat it just because someone asks them to.

I just saw on ORF that the whole funeral including requiem in the Stephansdom and the procedure through the city to the Kapuzinergruft can be bought on DVD in the ORF-Shop. Release date is 8/8. Although it will probably be a region 2 DVD which can not be watched on a region 1 US dvd-player....

:imperialaustria:

Plus the Requiems in Mariazell and Pannonhalma,the procession in Pöcking,all is still available on YouTube.

:habsburg::austria-hungary:

I have always been very interested in the relationship between the British royal family and the Habsburgs, but there is not much info about this topic. I wonder if Otto had ever met with the Queen or were there any condolences from the royal family other than Marie Christine?

Back
Top Bottom