Archduke Karl, Head of the Imperial House and Family 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martine

Serene Highness
City
Hildesheim
Country
Germany
I heard that Karl of Austria and his wife have split up. is this true?

I remember that this was a big topic in the austrian magazine NEWS in june (?) and the story was also copied from other tabloids in germany. The reason for their assumption was that Francesca bought a flat in Vienna and so they assumed that she would move from Salzburg to Vienna...both, Franceca and Karl have denied those rumours, and as it was tabloid-stuff I wouldn´t take it to serious...

thanks for clearing that up !

i read it in a german tabloid and they said that their son is living in vienna too;i didn't take that too serious , but I thought it was weird though when i noticed in vanity fair there was only a picture of karl and the kids

anyway hope it's not true

As far as I know their situation is unchanged. She lives in Vienna during the week, he in Salzburg and in the weekend Fransesca comes to Salzburg too. I believe the eldest daughter is living with Fransesca and the other two children with Carl.

Last edited by a moderator:
This weeks Point de Vue has interviewed Archduchess Fransesca in Graz. I haven't been able to take a proper look at the article but it seemed to be about an art exhibition.She also said that she was finally able to be who she was, or something in that direction.

Last week they had pictures of her partying in Gstaad btw.

Archduchess Fransesca is listed as a 'speaker' on an organisation called DLD Conference'. Does anybody know what the organisation does?

Look at Fransesca's profile here.

--

On 31 March 2008 newspaper 'Der Standard' published an interview with Archduchess Fransesca. Due to the human rights violations in China she has the opinion that exhibitions and concerts that were to be held there should be cancelled. She also talks about the things that are happening in Tibet.

Somehow the article itself can not be linked, but the website of the newspaper is derStandard.at , you can look the article up there.

Last edited:
Point de Vue had a rather long article/interview with AD Fransesca meeting the Dalai Lama. According to the headline Fransesca sais that dirigents of orchestra's should boycot the Olympics in China, due to the Tibet crisis.

From geramerica:

Karl Habsburg Lothringen’s marriage to Francesca von Habsburg is over, Austrian newspaper Österreich reported.

You would never guess, from Francesca’s vast penthouse in the center of Vienna, that she is married to Karl, grandson of the last Austrian emperor. He has reportedly packed up everything he owns and walked out after the latest in a series of furious rows with his wife.

He is now living in a 36 room villa in Salzburg.

read the entire article here.

May a divorced AD be head of his Family if the old AD Otto dies ??

May a divorced AD be head of his Family if the old AD Otto dies ??
Karl is already the Head of the Family, since July 2007; however I think there are no problems for Karl's Headship...Hoping they don't divorce...

I am not surprised, they have private fights since long time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl is already the Head of the Family, since July 2007; however I think there are no problems for Karl's Headship...Hoping they don't divorce...

Not July since January 2007.

Francesca has always been a free spirit and party girl - she and Karl were attracted to each other through their work in restoring Dubrovnik after all of the war and violence -
She must have known what she was getting into by marrying Karl - for many years she seemed to be the proper housewife and mother -
She seems to have two sides - the party girl on one side and the caring, concerned patron of the arts on the other -

She also had a brief Role in "Crown Prince" the 2006 Movie about austrian Crown Prince Rudolph, she played Queen Marie-Henriette of Belgium.

Not July since January 2007.
Yes, I'm sorry. The letter of Archduke Otto was signed in December, and Karl became Head of the Family the first of January, 2007. In July this fact was published...

Despite living separate lives, they tent to be reunited sometimes, may be for the sake of their kids.

I think it was around Easter that Point de Vue published an article on them related to the visit the couple and their 3 children made to a park in Japan.

The girls are truly beautiful, specially Gloria.

Has anybody kept that issue of PdV and can post the photos please ?

Yesterday, November 26, Archduchess Francesca was honored
with the Golden Merit of the province of Vienna, Austria. With
the foundation "Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary" Vienna
had not only won an important cultural address, but through her
activities Francesca also was an important "Ambassador of Art".

Her children Ferdinand, Eleonore and Gloria attended, and so did
her husband, her mother (pic5) and Georg of Habsburg with his
wife Eilika (pic 3).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gallery **

Thank you for these very nice pictures iceflower. I didn't know much about archduke Karl von Habsburg's family.
Archduchess Eleonore is such a pretty princess! (Pic 5)

So, are they living seperate lives at this point? Are both sides fine with leaving things the way they are?

Yes, they live separately, Karl in Salzburg and Francesca (and their children, I guess) in Wien; I had read something about their separation in an interview with Francesca, and they seem to be quite happy living in this way...

:imperialaustria:
Archduke Karl,Heir Presumptive,celebrates his 49th birthday today.

Here's what Google translate says:
Eleanor's most beautiful daughter of Habsburg:
Cool, young, and, moreover, a princess
NEWS: This enchanting the teenager, the Society
Francesca and Karl are proud of their offspring

Actually, yes actually, it is almost a normal teenager with average teenager needs. Fifteen years old, auburn hair, penchant for pizza, Coca-Cola and Frappuccino from Starbucks. One that can sing along with her friends at Rihanna, Beyonce and Lady Gaga and the enthusiast for sporting guns like Michael Phelps or Usain Bolt. And of course, Johnny Depp, the mental imagery of the female adolescent youth. One that shoppt for their lives like - has the desire for extravagant fashion inherited from the mother. One that smoking is stupid and she loves surfing the internet. Sag A good student, a loving but responsible girl, it allows the parents, now and in the nerves in the Vienna "Skybar''leaves.

It is understandable that their - not quite so average - parents are very proud of her own heart, and she likes. Just last week, beaming Karl Habsburg emperor's grandson to his ears as he would with his oldest daughter, Eleonora (Monarchist the young lady Eleanor Jelena Maria del Pilar Iona call Archduchess of Austria) attended a jewelry show in the Salzkammergut. The goldsmith Barbara Urban is Nussbaumer (her husband one of the closest friends of Karl Habsburg), presented medallions against the evil eye. Focal point of the evening, however, was Eleanor. With her high-born laziness could be a Celtic Rose Moving amulet symbol never-ending happiness.

And fortunately she had actually. Among the guests were only a few photographers - otherwise it would probably get the jewelry showcase the great Habsburg show. Still, the young Blue Blood has everything of us would like too: youth, class, a knack for the right outfit, and this fills a tree, all the books.

True values.
Sounds like a threat. According to differentiate risk - in a world that is waiting to submit to her feet. Young princesses - pardon Archduchesses - are in high demand. As can be Paris Hilton in the absence of underwear still incur so many bladder infections. Her parents are aware of the temptations that lie in wait as deliberately and specifically to share family values. Whenever allow the plump schedule, spend the Habsburg clan (including the brother and sister Gloria, 10, and Ferdinand, 12), the leisure time together. In the spring of Charles and kids attended the art-mother in Japan to celebrate, too, there was the collaboration of the "Mori Art Museum in Tokyo, with the" Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary. And so called Eleanor in the public: Thyssen, not Habsburg. A name can sometimes inspire, and sometimes a burden, which also knows her mother. In an interview on her 50th NEWS Birthday wish them the young the desire for self-realization: "They should also have the opportunity to unfold - on the way as they please. They should also be able to build their own universe. And to me it is the greatest joy to watch them in how they do! "
If that's her on the left in the article photo, she looks like Blake Lively from Gossip Girl! That's who I thought it was at first!

Even Francesca's daughter Eleonore, who is 15 years old and the goddaughter of the Infanta Pilar, introduces herself in society as a Thyssen, so as not to use the disgraced last name (of Habsburg).
This is very very sad; she should be very proud of her surname, if not for all the great history of her Family, at least considering the hard work of her Grandfather Archduke Otto.
It is really a shame.

This is very very sad; she should be very proud of her surname, if not for all the great history of her Family, at least considering the hard work of her Grandfather Archduke Otto.
It is really a shame.

its not so very sad nor a shame, its a matter of personal choice of her own, and with her being a minor (she's is only 15) i presume she has the consent of her father (the head of the house) to be allowed the use of the surname of her maternal ancestors.....

IMO....i think her decison is a very liberal and modern one indeed. no i can not see the harm with what name she chooses to go by, it does not make her any less a habsburg !!

and why shouldnt she be as proud of her maternal ancestors than of her paternal ancestors, because they was not king's and Emperor's with a glorious history going back centuries does not make them any less worthy...i mean from her own perspective that is !

i have no dought that she is very proud of the work of her grandfather and the history of her house... this should go without saying....have you any knowledge that she is not so ?

whats so ironic about the fact is that her paternal ancestors has been using a surname for some centuries now, which is derived from a maternal descent !. ok strictly speaking, its the house of habsbrurg-lorriaine - the lorraine part denotes their paternal descent from the dukes of lorraine- but the family is more often than not, commonly known or referred to as the habsburgs only !! :)

Last edited:
Reading my post I notice that I've expressed my thought very very badly...
I mean that is horrible that the feelings if Austrian people toward Habsburgs are so negative that a member of this family has to prefer to be socially known with another surname.
Austrians should forget and forgive (although I'm not persuaded Habsburgs have so many things to be forgiven for).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom