The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria > The Imperial House of Habsburg

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Royal Highness

Interesting design,especially the lamps! It will be interesting what kind of food & other stuff they will offer in the cafe/restaurant!

. Helen Keller
Old 05-24-2013, 04:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilarenata View Post

Have you ever even met them or are you just judging from pictures? Gloria is quite tall especially for her age.
Just judging from the pictures... I meant Eleonore actually. There aren't many photos of Gloria though.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:32 AM
Royal Highness

I believe I have seen Francesca attending the 2013 Life Ball, a charity event to collect money to help people with AIDS! She has supported the event before, here are some bits of information and images about the Life Ball in Vienna:
Life Ball This year Roberto Cavalli organised the fashion show at the Life Ball:http://www.vienna.at/designer-robert...13-aus/3516472
. Helen Keller
Old 05-27-2013, 04:29 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
She has supported the event before,
Indeed she did in 2011:

Vienna's Life Ball- PHOTOS - Sowetan LIVE

For those who read german: Karl Habsburg gave an interview to the Kurier in 2012, he says he is happy not to be an emperor:

Karl Habsburg-Lothringen: "Froh, kein Kaiser zu sein" - KURIER.at
Old 05-27-2013, 06:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

No word about his strange wedding ! I think we will never see them to-gether except perhaps for funerals.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Royal Highness

I agree, Maria-Olivia! But they keep their private issues relatively private and do not spread it all over the media like Charles & Diana,thats why I have a lot of respect for them.They are behaving responsibly and decent and they support causes that they believe in. Francesca and Karl Habsburg seem to be good parents too, because all of their three children are completely scandal-free and down-to-earth individuals.
. Helen Keller
Old 05-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

blauerengel , Living in Vienna I am happy to have your wise meaning about Karl and Francesca . Kind regards MO
Old 05-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Royal Highness

Well,I just know what I read in the newspapers or see on tv,so we have very similar information;-) The Habsburg family keeps a rather low profile.They are doing their work, support charity and generally do not make a big fuss about it. (BTW Last Friday Karl H. spoke at a meeting of historians and scientists in Vienna,unfortunately I could not attend because I was too busy.)
Francesca is very much involved in her art projects. Karl and Francesca are very committed to their causes but people do not talk a lot about them, they are rather discreet and not so often mentioned in the tabloids like the royals from the Reigning Dynasties.
Everything I write here is just what I make out from reading about the family,reading interviews with the Habsburg family members and filling in the gaps with what seems logical to me. Francesca is probably the most exotic and talked about person, but her work with supporting art and many charity projects have gained her a lot of respect. She seemed a little bit wild and rebellious when she was younger (especially during her time in London when she studied) ,but now she is more balanced and focused because she has found her purpose and she has gained a lot of experience over the years.
. Helen Keller
Old 06-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Commoner

Hmmmm, the last post here was about three years ago. But I imagine much has remained the same.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On September 7, Archduchess Francesca has attended the fundraising gala event "Bal au Belvedere" in Vienna, Austria.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 09-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Courtier

IMO this dress is too revealing for an archduchess...
Old 11-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Administrator

An interview of Archduchess Fransesca to the Austrian newspaper. She also acts as a model to promote some clothing:

Der Mzenin neue Kleider: Francesca Habsburg als Model - Mode & Kosmetik - derStandard.at

Quote:
"Mindestens genauso legendr wie ihre Partys und Events sind ihr Wille und ihr Temperament"

-
The interview itself focusses on her role as art maecenas & founder of the TBA21 in Augarten.

---
In October she attended the Vienna Art Fair:

http://thenewcontemporary.files.word...2468255703.jpg

----------

And a recording of a radio interview of the BBC, from August 11th:

Quote:
She talked about TBA21-Academy's expedition to the Galpagos Islands directly from the Dardanella boat, while crossing the equator for the 4th time during the Academy project.
https://www.facebook.com/TBA21/posts/10151775502084242
Old 11-29-2013, 07:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Clever Lady but not an Archduchess and certainly a Habsbourg !
Old 12-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the interview-link! Francesca is great. I follow her and her work with TBA21 attentively and I really like her. She's got brains and guts. Probably the best thing that ever has happened to the main branch of the House of Habsburg.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Kit for your informations from Austria.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Archduchess Francesca and daughter Archduchess Eleonore attended the "Cartier: Le Style et L'Histoire" exhibition private opening and gala dinner in Paris yesterday evening, December 2nd.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery 1 ** gettyimages gallery 2 **
Old 12-03-2013, 04:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Archduchess Francesca and daughter Archduchess Eleonore attended the "Cartier: Le Style et L'Histoire" exhibition private opening and gala dinner in Paris yesterday evening, December 2nd.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery 1 ** gettyimages gallery 2 **
I don't believe that Archduchess Eleonore is same age with me!!
She is so beautiful and elegance.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:11 AM
Nobility

The Archduchess is very lovely, and has been spared the unfortunate Habsburg chin...
Old 12-06-2013, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Thanks for the interview-link! Francesca is great. I follow her and her work with TBA21 attentively and I really like her. She's got brains and guts.
I agree with you, I think she is great and she seems to have more 'life' in her than the rest of the (very large) family combined. I hope her husband and she will never divorce, some of her in-laws must feel a sense of smug self-gratification when they do.

---
An article from the Austrian newspaper 'Der Standard' analysing the house of Habsburg in 2013:

In German: Ferdinand Zvonimir trgt auf dem Helm den Doppeladler - Knigshuser - derStandard.at

In English via Google translate: Google Translate

Apparently on December 16th ORF will show a tv programme with AD Karl, while he walks through the Hofburg.

Apparently archduke Ferdinand Zvonimir is doing formula 1 racing for juniors, he wears a helmet with a double headed eagle.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Thanks Kit for your informations from Austria.
You're welcome. :-)

Thanks Marengo. Nice article in the "Standard". Nothing new but interesting nevertheless. Though not all descendants of AD Marie Valerie and Franz Salvator bear the name Alternburg as the article claims. There are still many Habsburg - Lothringen among them.
I will definitely watch Report on 12/16 to see Karl walking through the Hofburg. Oh to be able to explore the whole complex from the attic to the cellars. That would be my dream. I will post the link to Karl's tour as soon as it is online. Then everyone can watch it even if it is in German :-)

Tags
archduchess francesca, archduke karl, habsburg