Archduke Karl, Head of the Imperial House and Family 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they live separately, Karl in Salzburg and Francesca (and their children, I guess) in Wien; I had read something about their separation in an interview with Francesca, and they seem to be quite happy living in this way...

Karl lives in Vienna and Francesca also lives in Vienna with Gloria and Ferdinand (but separately from Karl)
Their oldest daughter Eleonore is at Swiss boarding school Le Rosey.

This is very very sad; she should be very proud of her surname, if not for all the great history of her Family, at least considering the hard work of her Grandfather Archduke Otto.
It is really a shame.

Do you believe everything you read??
It is not true... Eleonore's last name is Habsburg-Lothringen of course.
She just sometimes uses her mother's maiden name mainly not to draw too much attention (and in Austria Habsburg is a very famous surname :)

The Schwarzenegger kids do the same thing by the way.

Do you believe everything you read??
It is not true... Eleonore's last name is Habsburg-Lothringen of course.
She just sometimes uses her mother's maiden name mainly not to draw too much attention (and in Austria Habsburg is a very famous surname :)

The Schwarzenegger kids do the same thing by the way.

I moved from this sentence in the translation of the article:
Even Francesca's daughter Eleonore, who is 15 years old and the goddaughter of the Infanta Pilar, introduces herself in society as a Thyssen, so as not to use the disgraced last name (of Habsburg).
From what I read, I understand something completely different from your interpretation; of course, I can't know the exact reason due to Eleonore socially uses Thyssen surname, I don't know her nor her family. But at least I hope that the articles posted in this forum are reliable.

I'm sure Habsburg is a quite famous surname, how could it be different? Austria is so strictly linked to Habsburgs that I can't figure them to be totally forgotten. But as far as I know even in the last years they have been highly contested, for example about the request to get back their private properties expropriated in 1919 (an expropriation that was definitely illegal).

About Schwarzenegger kids, their situation is different, since their surname is Shriver Schwarzenegger.

Oh, the hospital is closed?

some feathers has been ruffled !

I hope that the articles posted in this forum are reliable.

well..... one hopes and trusts that the sources which the author has used to write the article are reliable....:whistling:.

hence, i agree with Lilarenata....one should not believe everything that one reads at the first instance and one should keep an open mind and not form an understanding or an opinon after having read just one article / book etc on any particular subject.....

so why you taken the stance in the way you have, concerning Lilarenata's post is somewhat beyond me.....never know Lilarenata may have some knowledge contrary to what is said in the article, after all the article was written by the spanish media and to be honest with you, in this instance, i much prefer the word of a Austrian, over that of the spanish, the Austrians are much closer to home, so to speak !!

but all this does not alter the fact that Eleonore has the usage of her mothers maiden name, for whatever reason, good or bad i guess that the end result is the one and the same for the girl....

cheers.... :flowers:

Last edited:
Of course more sources are always better then only one.
I don't believe everything I read, if something makes me doubtful I try to clear the doubts; but I don't move from the presumption that all may be false; and if a source seems to be reliable, well, I have no reasons to think that what is written is false. El Mundo is the second largest newspaper in Spain, so I don't think it is not a reliable source.
Unfortunately, I can't help forming an opinion when I read something, I'm not a robot; but if anyone have more informations on the matter, I'm always ready to learn them and eventually to change my opinion.

Last edited:
El Mundo is the second largest newspaper in Spain, so I don't think it is not a reliable source.

point taken. i have no reason to dought this.
but like everything else, they are not infalliable and may perhaps get things incorrect at times. :whistling:

Yes, they live separately, Karl in Salzburg and Francesca (and their children, I guess) in Wien; I had read something about their separation in an interview with Francesca, and they seem to be quite happy living in this way...

oh...this is very interesting indeed !
this may perhaps explain a possiable reason, as to why Eleonore uses her mothers maiden name ! it is not that unusual for children of separated or divorced parents to take the mothers name .... a classic example of this is the present Duchess of Gloucester....she herself had taken her mothers maiden name upon her parents separation, that of van Deurs....

but on the whole, i do feel, that the most likely reason is what Lilarenta has given- to draw less attention to herself.
for it must be very difficult for anyone who bears such a famous name as Habsburg. a name whereby all the worlds media is focused upon a great deal. then of course there is Eleonores peers and members of public / society to take into consideration....some of which no dought will be only showing a interest in her because she is a Habsburg and not as a person in her own right !

yes i imagine the name Habsburg could well be a burden, even to an adult yet alone to a child / young person, i suspect life is not that easy being a Habsburg, with all that goes with the name so to speak !

Last edited:
oh...this is very interesting indeed !
this may perhaps explain a possiable reason, as to why Eleonore uses her mothers maiden name ! it is not that unusual for children of separated or divorced parents to take the mothers name .... a classic example of this is the present Duchess of Gloucester....she herself had taken her mothers maiden name upon her parents separation, that of van Deurs....

but on the whole, i do feel, that the most likely reason is what Lilarenta has given- to draw less attention to herself.
for it must be very difficult for anyone who bears such a famous name as Habsburg. a name whereby all the worlds media is focused upon a great deal. then of course there is Eleonores peers and members of public / society to take into consideration....some of which no dought will be only showing a interest in her because she is a Habsburg and not as a person in her own right !

yes i imagine the name Habsburg could well be a burden, even to an adult yet alone to a child / young person, i suspect life is not that easy being a Habsburg, with all that goes with the name so to speak !

you are right. the only reason for her is to draw less attention.
already the media in Austria love her and she is a normal 16 year old (her birthday was yesterday) that wants a normal life. an austrian society newspaper was running an article some month ago about her using the name thyssen when she goes out and introduces herself and I think el mundo picked up on that. of course she is not ashamed of the name Habsburg.

:previous:
Hello...
is it this article by any chance which you have mentioned in your post ? (so kindly translated by RubyPrincess168, which is much appreciated....thank you :flowers: )

Here's what Google translate says:
Eleanor's most beautiful daughter of Habsburg:
Cool, young, and, moreover, a princess
NEWS: This enchanting the teenager, the Society
Francesca and Karl are proud of their offspring

Actually, yes actually, it is almost a normal teenager with average teenager needs. Fifteen years old, auburn hair, penchant for pizza, Coca-Cola and Frappuccino from Starbucks. One that can sing along with her friends at Rihanna, Beyonce and Lady Gaga and the enthusiast for sporting guns like Michael Phelps or Usain Bolt. And of course, Johnny Depp, the mental imagery of the female adolescent youth. One that shoppt for their lives like - has the desire for extravagant fashion inherited from the mother. One that smoking is stupid and she loves surfing the internet. Sag A good student, a loving but responsible girl, it allows the parents, now and in the nerves in the Vienna "Skybar''leaves.

It is understandable that their - not quite so average - parents are very proud of her own heart, and she likes. Just last week, beaming Karl Habsburg emperor's grandson to his ears as he would with his oldest daughter, Eleonora (Monarchist the young lady Eleanor Jelena Maria del Pilar Iona call Archduchess of Austria) attended a jewelry show in the Salzkammergut. The goldsmith Barbara Urban is Nussbaumer (her husband one of the closest friends of Karl Habsburg), presented medallions against the evil eye. Focal point of the evening, however, was Eleanor. With her high-born laziness could be a Celtic Rose Moving amulet symbol never-ending happiness.

And fortunately she had actually. Among the guests were only a few photographers - otherwise it would probably get the jewelry showcase the great Habsburg show. Still, the young Blue Blood has everything of us would like too: youth, class, a knack for the right outfit, and this fills a tree, all the books.

True values.
Sounds like a threat. According to differentiate risk - in a world that is waiting to submit to her feet. Young princesses - pardon Archduchesses - are in high demand. As can be Paris Hilton in the absence of underwear still incur so many bladder infections. Her parents are aware of the temptations that lie in wait as deliberately and specifically to share family values. Whenever allow the plump schedule, spend the Habsburg clan (including the brother and sister Gloria, 10, and Ferdinand, 12), the leisure time together. In the spring of Charles and kids attended the art-mother in Japan to celebrate, too, there was the collaboration of the "Mori Art Museum in Tokyo, with the" Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary. And so called Eleanor in the public: Thyssen, not Habsburg. A name can sometimes inspire, and sometimes a burden, which also knows her mother. In an interview on her 50th NEWS Birthday wish them the young the desire for self-realization: "They should also have the opportunity to unfold - on the way as they please. They should also be able to build their own universe. And to me it is the greatest joy to watch them in how they do! "
if it is...... where is it stated the Eleonore prefers to use her mothers maiden "so as to not use the Disgraced last name of Habsburg"....... nowhere it seems........it looks very much like the spanish newspaper may had put their own twist to the story.....:whistling:

it appears that my hunch that Lilarenata (being Austrian) might have had some knowledge which was contrary to the spanish article.... was quite correct MAfan ;)

Last edited:
Yes, it seems so...
Although an "heavy" surname as well, Thyssen surely is less heavy then Habsburg.
Similar surnames - not only Habsburg, also whichever surname of the members of a former or present Royal Family - are heavy burdens; on a side, who has this surname may be subject of great expectations, on the other side can be subject of attacks due to the family history (and this last has been and sometimes still is the case of Habsburg Family in Austria).

Does anyone know what type of house Archduke Karl lives in in Salzburg? According to Wiki he calls it Casa Austria, and it was formerly called Swoboda Villa. I assume it is not a palace but a rather nice mansion? Does he have other homes as well?

Thanks.

I remember to have seen a picture of Casa Austria some years ago, and if I remember correctly it is a rather modern mansion, not a palace nor a castle.
I wonder why he calls "Casa Austria" in Italian...

Francesca von Habsburg attended the amfAR Gala Vienna 2010 as
part of the Life Ball 2010 at Parliament Of Austria on July 17, 2010
in Vienna, Austria.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Oh my God!! The outfit of the Archdchess is just terrible and out of place! This really is the way I do NOT like to see an archduchess dressed!
And who's the guy with her in the 3 pic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm,don't know...they seem pretty close...Know that the guy in the second picture is Prince Hubertus von Hohenlohe-Langenburg!

Yes, the second son of Ira and her first husband Prince Alfonso zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg.

I found out more on Eleonore's boyfriend: his name is Paolo Pontasch and despite being only 18 years old he is already active in politics and as an event manager (if I understood correctly). I also found this Clubbing de Luxe - Society - society24.at . I can't understand German but the impression that I have from it is that Eleonore's name and relations are exploited by these "friends" and associated to a luxury lifestyle that, luckly enough, never was linked with the Habsburgs before. Can somebody that understand German say if I'm right or not?

I found out more on Eleonore's boyfriend: his name is Paolo Pontasch and despite being only 18 years old he is already active in politics and as an event manager (if I understood correctly). I also found this Clubbing de Luxe - Society - society24.at . I can't understand German but the impression that I have from it is that Eleonore's name and relations are exploited by these "friends" and associated to a luxury lifestyle that, luckly enough, never was linked with the Habsburgs before. Can somebody that understand German say if I'm right or not?

Yes you understood the article right. And I also think you have the right impression that Mr Pontasch tries to cash in from his relationship with Eleonore. Apparently they have now split up though - also to do with Eleonore going to school at Le Rosey/Switzerland and not Vienna anymore.

Yes you understood the article right. And I also think you have the right impression that Mr Pontasch tries to cash in from his relationship with Eleonore. Apparently they have now split up though - also to do with Eleonore going to school at Le Rosey/Switzerland and not Vienna anymore.
That's a relief

Gloria will become a real beauty !
I don't like Elenore that much, she seems to be a little bit flossy. She only makes party, but you never hear that she works or goes to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom