Archduke Karl, Head of the Imperial House and Family 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice father and son activity. I am glad the Archduke has recovered enough for a bicycle ride in the mountains.

Is AD Karl still living in Salzburg?

Archduchess Francesca as Founder of the Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary Foundation has recorded a video for the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation:

Sweet that for Archduchess Francesca also her son-in-law is her "darling".

But a horseback ride in the mountains just above the precipice???

I would die of fear!

Ferdinand Zvonimir got himself a place on the podium last weekend at the circuit of Zolder.He s getting there!?

Eleonore Habsburg regrets the attacks in Vienna.

Vienna �� My heart and prayers go out to all the families who have lost their loved ones. To the people who have been injured for a quick recovery. To the Police, Cobra and Military who have sacrificed their lives to keep our city safe. For the unity that brings us all together to stand against terrorism! To my friends, family and fellow citizens. Stay safe, stay strong.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHHtwTWlcRs/?igshid=1likh6imj251d

Ferdinand Habsburg reveals he will race with the Austrian flag raised high at the end of the DTM this weekend.

In the midst of what happened in Vienna, I will be racing this weekend with the Austrian flag raised high at the final DTM race this weekend.

After all that happened in Vienna, I will race the last DTM race with the Austrian flag proud and high up.

Karl has given an interview to the Austrian newspaper Kronenzeitung in which he reveals that he and Francesca have secretly divorced since the children have grown up. He also talks a bit about his new girlfriend.

Thanks Kit! I found the article you mentioned:

https://www.krone.at/2284576

Although it was known that they were seperated and had different partners, it is surprising that he has talked about it. IIRC AD Otto once responded 'my son is catholic enough to know what he has to do' when the subject of divorce came up.

His new partner is a Portuguese woman from a Port wine family. The article names her 'Christian Reid'.

It seems that the divorce was relatively amicable.

Last edited:
So, it seems the divorce took place some time in the last 3 years (since Gloria turned 18 on October 15 of 2017).

I found an obituary of Christian's father: a British citizen who played an important role in the Port-business in the Porto area. Her mother is/was Portuguese. She seems to be the youngest of 4 sisters.

Thanks Kit! I found the article you mentioned:

https://www.krone.at/2284576

Although it was known that they were seperated and had different partners, it is surprising that he has talked about it. IIRC AD Otto once responded 'my son is catholic enough to know what he has to do' when the subject of divorce came up.

His new partner is a Portuguese woman from a Port wine family. The article names her 'Christian Reid'.

It seems that the divorce was relatively amicable.

In the article is a photo of Archduke Karl with Christian Reid

https://imgl.krone.at/scaled/2284583/vac6516/630x356.jpg

In the article is a photo of Archduke Karl with Christian Reid.
Christian is a first rate businesswoman and comes from one of the largest port families in Portugal.
The archduke says of Christian: “Christian is a cultured and sensitive woman with elegant decency. She is a loving counselor, sometimes a valuable critic and always available to me, a partner in the best sense of the word. In short, she is an incredible asset to my life and I am happy to have her by my side. "

Last edited by a moderator:
How did they keep it such a secret!

Likely the fact they lived very separate lives, and having other 'partners' helped.

There was nothing to raise suspicion. If they had not been seen out together for months, and they were caught out with someone of the opposite sex, more rumors would have spread. They let enough be public that people would just assume they were permanently separated and nothing else. No need to make it public they were divorced, especially in a family where there was pressure not to as staunch catholics. People just assumed 'no reason for them to divorce if they have already live apart and are happy with the arrangement in place.'

The Head of the Imperial House of Habsbourg is divorced. Is it a Première ?

The Head of the Imperial House of Habsbourg is divorced. Is it a Première ?

Head of the family who divorced, or simply a family member who did?

Certainly not in the family. In his immediate family he is the third sibling to divorce. Both his sisters Gabriela and Michaela are divorced (Michaela twice, Gabriela though had an annulment). His cousin Carlos Felipe (son of Otto's brother Felix) is divorced.

Divorces in Catholic royals, especially senior/head of family royals are still very rare in the older generations. There were plenty of couples who were seperated for 30 years before they died, and just didn't divorce as it was 'not something you do'.

I realise that it's a cultural thing as well as religious but by the time you're separated for many years and have other partners you've broken you vows anyway, including your vows to God for strongly religious people, except in the strictest legal sense so you might as well get a divorce.

Unless there's a political, family or monetary reason not to and there doesn't appear to have been in this case, especially as they waited for all the children to turn 18.

Last edited:
At last the situation is clear ! Good on them.

Unless there's a political, family or monetary reason not to and there doesn't appear to have been in this case, especially as they waited for all the children to turn 18.

Speaking of: I thought about their Son and "Heir apparent" Ferdinand Zvonimir today, when I did see the pictures of the terrible accident of the driver Grosjean in the Formula One race in Bahrain.

It is still a very dangerous sport - Car driving!

But to the monetary reason: I wonder, how the new Testaments will be written: What will be for Ferdinand ... what for his siblings? Will there be any changes?

I realise that it's a cultural thing as well as religious but by the time you're separated for many years and have other partners you've broken you vows anyway, including your vows to God for strongly religious people, except in the strictest legal sense so you might as well get a divorce.

The age of majority is 18 years in all EU Member States. This means that the parental authority and responsibility ends with that age. However, when a child still has no means to sufficiently provide in the own living, there can be an extended financial responsibility for the parents. But in essence 18 years is crossing the gate between youth and adulthood. A divorce with adult children means there is no question about parental rights, responsibilities, custody etc.

I am glad he has found someone he loves and is proud to love. He always seemed so unhappy

I am sorry but I find it hilarious that someone who clings to a non-existent title, calling someone who is sixth in line to an actual throne 'insignificant' almost laughable :ermm:

Honestly if anyone is talking to media just for the sake of talking, he should look no further :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom