Archduke Carl-Christian, Pss Marie Astrid (née Luxembourg) and Family, 2003- 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed while looking at pictures of various events over the last few years (weddings, engagements, funerals, ect) that Archduke Imre is not often photographed with his family. The family appears close, irregardless. Does anyone know if Archduke Imre simply prefers to not attend these functions or if he just prefers to not be photographed? He wasn't even in the pictures of with his siblings for his sister's engagement.

DoesAny one know weather HRH. Alexander studies away from Belgium?

most of the Royal familes, children study abroad usually in England, cambrige or Oxford, do the belgian and Luxembourg royals also do so?

Archduke Alexander studied/ Studies in England .

Here is the school, He graduates this year. : Welcome to Sherborne

OH, that may explain why he doesn't reply :(. But any way, gabys, thanks for the pictures of the Requiem mass, God Bless you.

Does anyone know where Imre attended "high school" or at least what year he finished his basic education and began attending Uni. St. Gallen?

I am sorry, but I have no idea where he went to school, probably in England, I hope you all saw the photo's of the Grand Ducal family in procession, bravo Grand Duke Henri! God Bless you!!

can any one suggest what gift they would gove any member of this Royal family for a birthday? Ideas people Ideas!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
can any one suggest what gift they would gove any member of this Royal family for a birthday? Ideas people Ideas!!!

Perhaps a nice quality tie or some cuff links for a man and a nice piece of jewelry for a lady (religious in nature not a bad idea), but nothing that would be expensive or extravagant.

well jewlerry is indeed expensive, cufflinks are nice, I like the idea!! or a tie with the coat of arms! lol same thinking thats what I thought, and something religious in nature is indeed also a good idea, being that they are furvant Catholics.

Coming to think of it, why would something so expensive be a bad idea, I mean they are Royalty, however you said nothing extravigant or expensive... maybe because they will feel like its a personal gift or?

What a good looking family! Marie Astrid was gorgeous since she was a child. Her children, especially the girls, take after her.

I wouldn't give them anything expensive because they don't need it. Sterling silver jewelry is not expensive. But, a nice tie in a color that they prefer for a man or some simple cuff links aren't a bad idea.

Thanks for the gift proposal and suggestions guys, but the subject is not really relevant to the thread and is better suited to Members' Corner.

thanks
Warren
G-A moderator

Ok Warren, I am sorry, I didn't know it will invlove so many posts, back to the topic "marie-Astrid and the family"
So does HRH Kar-Christian hold claims to be Archduke of Austria, and if Austria would come out of the disgusting republican prison and back to the lovely monarchy, will Karl-Christian be the reigning Archduke or some one else?

He would "only" be HI&RH Carl Christian, Archduke and Imperial Prince of Austria, Royal Prince of Hungary and Bohemia; his cousin Archduke Karl would be HI&RM Karl II, Emperor of Austria, Apostolic King of Hungary, King of Bohemia.

HI and RM Franciska , Empress of Austria. The late Baron Thyssen should be happy .

Karl Ludwig of Habsburg
the funeral photo's here, are indeed of a sad event, but it gives us the chance to see our Royals! isn't Queen Fabiola, wife to Boaudin? What a terrific King he was!! A true Catholic King, defender of morality a real Nobleman!, Archduke Carl-Christian also has a kind nature, his looks are so gentle; wasn't Archduchess Marie-Astrid at the Funeral? and Where is Count Rudolph de Limburg-Strium, husband of Archduchess Marie-Christine? Oh one last question... is Marie-Christine now "countess" or she remains "ArchDuchess"???????? answer all my questions pleaseeeeee. thnx

Marie-Christine was not engaged at that moment.
Her name now SAR et I la Comtesse Rodolphe de Limbourg-Stirum.

It only just clicked in my head while looking at this that the husbands of both Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg and her sister Princess Margarethe of Luxembourg, Archduke Carl Christian of Austria and Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein, are both decendants of Carl I and Zita.

It only just clicked in my head while looking at this that the husbands of both Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg and her sister Princess Margarethe of Luxembourg, Archduke Carl Christian of Austria and Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein, are both decendants of Carl I and Zita.

Prince Nikolaus is no descendant of Karl I. and Ziota. His paternal grandmother Elisabeth was a halfsister of Karl I.'s father Ardchuke Otto.

but his grandmother Elisabeth was a cousin of Zita.

of course...I only meant that they (and their wives) are strictly related, being all four them descendants from King Miguel of Portugal.

The four of them have quite a few descents in common, here are a few.
Miguel de Braganca - Maria Antonia -Felix de Bourbon-Parma - Jean de Luxembourg - Marie Astrid
Miguel - Maria Antonia - Zita de Bourbon - Carl Ludwig Habsburg - Carl Christian
Miguel - Marie Therese - Elisabeth Habsburg - Franz Joseph Liechtenstien - Nicholas
Dom Miguel -Maria Jose - Elisabeth von Bavaria - Leopold III Belgium - Josephine Charlotte - Marie Astrid and Margaretha.
Dom Miguel - Marie Anna - Charlotte of Luxembourg - Jean de Luxembourg - Marie Astrid and Margaretha.
Dom Miguel had six daughters, the Princess are descended from three of them while the two Princes are descended from 2. In fact it is quite hard to find a Catholic Prince or Princess amongst the major families who is NOT a descendant of Dom Miguel.
All four of them are also descendants of King Maximillian I of Bavaria But that relationship is more distant, 5th cousins and onwards.

Thank you Fearghas for your detailed report, I appreciate it. I stand to wonder why so much tradition has been thrown away, such as the coronation of the monarchy's, where holy Chrism was used to anoint the king or queen, by a Cardinal or Pope, These Catholic traditions have been lost but need to be restored, the divine right of kings and queen would be seen in a different light only then.

Marie-Christine was not engaged at that moment.
Her name now SAR et I la Comtesse Rodolphe de Limbourg-Stirum.

I believe that Maria-Olivia is correct and precise. And am I right in saying that, for the first time in her life, Marie-Christine now bears a title recognized by law? Austria doesn't recognize any royal or noble titles, whereas Belgium does. Given that the Limburg-Stirums are an ancient Belgian family of the high aristocracy, Marie-Christine can certainly now claim the title of Comtesse under Belgian law, whereas she has never had legal claim to the title of Erzherzogin (Archduchess) in Austria. Is this correct?

yes, maybe you're right.
But since the Belgian Court recognised officially Prince Lorenz as an Archduke of Austria, why not recognise also the other Hbsburgs living in Belgium?

:previous:
well it would be very difficult for the belgian court to do otherwise, given the fact that the archduke is the son in law of the king !!. as for the other habsburgs....does it really matter if they are recognised or not, for within society they are referred as archduke /archduchess of austra !! ;)

The family tree is extremely complicated I think and I went crazy trying to understand it, lol so I will just admire the royal families from far without dwelling to much on their descendency, I just know that Karl-Christian descends from Bl.Karl I who will hopefully become a saint soon, it's an honor to be related to a saint.

From the Benelux board- Archduke Carl Christian & his wife Marie-Astrid attended a service for deceased members of the Belgian Royal Family:

PPE Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom