The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #521  
Old 09-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 7,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
We do'nt know, but I think they will not marry

On what base do you affirm that?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 09-03-2018, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
We do'nt know, but I think they will not marry
it seems likely that you're right... since the story is about another archduke...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 09-03-2018, 02:13 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,454
Painful for l'Essentiel...
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 09-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bay Area, United States
Posts: 3,219
Luxarazzi asked the Cour who confirmed the cousin Archduke Franz-Ludwig's wedding.

Archduchess Gabriella and Prince Henri: The Wedding That Likely Wasn't

How embarrassing for L'Essentiel. Oh well, I still hope for a wedding for Archduchess Gabriella and Prince Henri in the future. I'm curious, what's the source for broken engagement rumors?
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 09-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
How embarrassing for L'Essentiel. Oh well, I still hope for a wedding for Archduchess Gabriella and Prince Henri in the future. I'm curious, what's the source for broken engagement rumors?
Some feel that the engagement was only announced to downplay the scandal that the family (mostly the bride's, as they are devoutly conservative Catholics...as this sort of thing is not new for the groom's side) felt from having a grandchild being born out of wedlock.

Henri and Gabriella were apparently not dating before their daughter Victoria was conceived. So, their engagement did not make sense from a relational point of view. It is probably best that only an engagement took place, and that the couple did not marry solely because a pregnancy occurred.

Whatever the case, best wishes to Henri, Gabriella, and their daughter!
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 09-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
We don't know, but I think they will not marry
Why do you think they won't get married and might have broken off their engagement?
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 09-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Some feel that the engagement was only announced to downplay the scandal that the family (mostly the bride's, as they are devoutly conservative Catholics...as this sort of thing is not new for the groom's side) felt from having a grandchild being born out of wedlock.

Henri and Gabriella were apparently not dating before their daughter Victoria was conceived. So, their engagement did not make sense from a relational point of view. It is probably best that only an engagement took place, and that the couple did not marry solely because a pregnancy occurred.

Whatever the case, best wishes to Henri, Gabriella, and their daughter!
So, it is suggested that this was just a one-night stand? Are they thought to be a couple these days. It was at least a little weird that Gabtielle stayed in Geneva and Henti in Copenhagen, so if there never was a relationship to speak of that would put things into a different perspective.

Nonetheless, I hope that Victoria's parents are happy together and are looking forward to get married and start their lives together. In that way Victoria would be able to grow up with both her parents. However, only getting married for the sake of their child wouldn't be the right thing to do if they don't have the intention to spend the rest of their lives together.
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 09-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 7,103
What scandal? They live in 21st century, not 12th.
AFAIK, "devoted Catholics are only Imre & Kathleen, in Gabriella's family there were many cases of "being intimate" before the wedding - Prince Louis of Luxemburg & Tessy Antony, Prince Constantin of Nassau & Kathryn Mechie (well, they are still not married, but they already have a son; Constantin's parents also already had his older sister before they married.
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 09-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
So, it is suggested that this was just a one-night stand? Are they thought to be a couple these days. It was at least a little weird that Gabtielle stayed in Geneva and Henti in Copenhagen, so if there never was a relationship to speak of that would put things into a different perspective.


Yes, that is the gist of what has been mentioned elsewhere (on private boards).

There is a rumor that both Henri and Gabriella attended Franz Ludwig and Mathilde’s wedding...but without pictures, it is just that - rumor. Plus, even if they did, we have no way of knowing what their relational status is, since they are private people.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the engagement has ceased. As long as the couple can coparent their daughter, that is the most important thing.
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 09-23-2018, 08:39 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 13,683
A unseen picture of Archduke Christoph and his wife Adelaide with their two children, Katarina and Sophia .

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnwKJ52X0AAKSj-.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 10-09-2018, 05:59 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere in Germany, Germany
Posts: 890
Any news on Imre' s third child?
Due date is allegedly October 12th.
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 10-11-2018, 03:04 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 13,683
Lovely picture of the pregnant Archduchess Kathleen with her daughter!

The caption say that her due day was yesterday!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BozYa5ch...uchastelphotos
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 13,683
Third daughter for Imre and Kathleen!!! And the name of her Juliana!

https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-w...=royalsBlock_1
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,038
Congratulations , 5 Habsbourg Grand daughters for Arch. Marie-Astrid and Christian.
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere in Germany, Germany
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Congratulations , 5 Habsbourg Grand daughters for Arch. Marie-Astrid and Christian.
6!
Stella, Katharina, Magdalena, Sophia, Victoria and Juliana.
I bet Marie-Christine' s next child will be a fourth son. ...��
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,792
Wow 3 girls!


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old Today, 02:10 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
6!
Stella, Katharina, Magdalena, Sophia, Victoria and Juliana.
I bet Marie-Christine' s next child will be a fourth son. ...��
I don't think Marie-Christine is actually expecting.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
archduchess marie astrid, archduke carl christian, habsburg


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (3 members and 5 guests)
mes, Picarana, Stefanie
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
baltic republics biography british royal family camilla canada caracciolo ceremony clothes current events dailyfail danish royal family duchess of sussex duchessofsussex duke of cambridge duke of edinburgh duke of york earl of snowdon england family fashion helena her children history hohenzollern infanta cristina interests juan carlos kate middleton king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander lineage lord snowdon meghan markle norwegian royal family patron porphyria prince aymeric prince charles prince charles; biographies; tom bower prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas princess princess alexia princess beatrice princesses princess eugenie princess of belgium public image queen letizia queen mathilde relationship royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding smith spain state visit sweden tiara van belgië visit to spain wedding wedding of prince harry windsor windsor castle wivies ww1



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises