Archduke Carl-Christian, Pss Marie Astrid (née Luxembourg) and Family, 2003- 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK the Bourbon-Parma family is not incorporated into the Danish nobility, but perhaps a Danish poster will know more.

Prince Henri's grandfather, Prince Michel, has a daughter (Amelie) born out of wedlock. She is not a member of the house of Bourbon-Parma and does not use the title, only the surname.

Tania (Sophie) of Bourbon-Parma styles herself as HRH Princess Tania de BP, while her father's (Prince Andre, younger brother of Prince Michel and Queen Anne) wedding was not recognized and neither she nor her brother and sister are members of the house of BP.

Of course the present situation is different as the Archduchess and the prince will marry. We are also half a century later, in an age where babies born to unmarried parents has become normal in Western society.

Anyway, we will see...

Last edited:
I remember when i was young a Prince (Remy? ) of Bourbon Parma married a daughter of a Police Man. Shocking Wedding who ended with a divorce as much of the BP weddings.
I am sure this wedding will be a happy one, just its timing is not correct .

Any news on Archduchess Kathleen' s Facebook Page?
Have not heard of them since September.
Any news of Gabriella and Henri somewhere?

I have a question, perhaps someone can answer please? I've looked at the names of the sons of Carl Christian.. and they all seem to have the name Marcus D'Aviano? Is there a reason for this

:previous: Carl Christian's sons were all baptised under the protection of Italian friar Marco d'Aviano so I'm guessing that's the reasoning behind it.

Marco d'Aviano was an Italian friar who gave advise to Holy Roman Emperor Leopold I in producing a male heir as his wife was struggling to do so. There are a few other members of the Imperial family who have d'Aviano in their names as well as some Princes of Nassau.

Marco D'Aviano was a monk who was an advisor to Holy Roman emperor Leopold I. Many children in the Hapsburg family have been baptized under his protection since, and been given his name. The name is also found both in Luxembourg (GD Jean, all of Prince Jean's sons, and Prince Guillaume's youngest son all have it) and Lichtenstein (Hans Adam II). Not surprising since the name is common in both families, that the couple would use it for their sons.

Any news on Archduchess Kathleen' s Facebook Page?
Have not heard of them since September.
Any news of Gabriella and Henri somewhere?

There is a Photo of Imre and Family from Easter on another Board (Bright and Beautiful)
Don' t know how to Post IT here or whether s allowed to Do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see pics of Imre and his family, so rarely see them!

LaRae

They obviously moved from Luxemburg to Geneva according to Imre' s Business Website.
Maybe this is on reason Kathleen had less time to post on Facebook.
THANK YOU so much to our fellow friends here in the Forum who posted the Photo?
Stella is the spitting image of her Mama and Magdalena is Daddies IMO.
This is the First new Photo of them since September 2017!

It's really nice to see the family again; the girls are so adorable and I love that they are wearing the Austrian traditional dress. It always looks so cute on children.

I would love to hear him speak about his great grandfather.

I like Kathleen's dress too, she looks very nice as well. I wish we saw more about them as a family.

LaRae

these two seem like truly made for each other. imre and kathleen even look alike - they could be brother and sister! :)

from the sounds of it, christendom college is a catholic college, with a history of student activism supporting pro life movements. i believe kathleen was also part of the pro life community, and probably still is. i wondered why they would choose a tiny college in virginia to come and talk, but i guess it may be quite aligned with their ideas.

these two seem like truly made for each other. imre and kathleen even look alike - they could be brother and sister! :)

from the sounds of it, christendom college is a catholic college, with a history of student activism supporting pro life movements. i believe kathleen was also part of the pro life community, and probably still is. i wondered why they would choose a tiny college in virginia to come and talk, but i guess it may be quite aligned with their ideas.

Yes the college would mesh in with Imre's family and viewpoints quite well from what I understand. They are known to be fairly orthodox Catholics.

Plus, his grandfather has been beatified and will be canonized if he hasn't been already. I think his great grandmother, the Empress Zita, will be also.

LaRae

Kathleen looks pregnant in some of the Photos IMO:whistling:;
I love, love, love this family- maybe because I can' t imagine them to ever get divorced- for me they are an example for steadiness in this unsteady world....

Plus, his grandfather has been beatified and will be canonized if he hasn't been already. I think his great grandmother, the Empress Zita, will be also.

LaRae

Second miracle on his intercession was already confirmed, but Emperor Charles I still hasn't been canonized:

I love, love, love this family- maybe because I can' t imagine them to ever get divorced- for me they are an example for steadiness in this unsteady world....

I don't think that you can make this conclusion about being pregnant:ermm:

Yes the college would mesh in with Imre's family and viewpoints quite well from what I understand. They are known to be fairly orthodox Catholics.

LaRae

It would be his great-grandfather (Imre's), Imre's grandfather was Charles' fifth child Carl Ludwig.

Empress Zita has officially been nominated for beatification. Right now she has been named a servant of God, the first step. The process was started in 2009.

Because she is; baby is expected to come in the autumn:

Royal Musings: Baby News

Congrats to them, their daughters, parents and grandparents!

I' m over the moon:fireworks:
Hope for a little brother this time and some nice pregnancy photos
They make me so happy:heart1:

Ah and how lovely...they are expecting again!

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom