The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria > The Imperial House of Habsburg

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations on the newest lil Archduchess!!

Just as w/lil Estelle, my Mom thinks picking Stella for part of her name is a sign of excellent taste on the part of the Royal Couple.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 12-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Archduke Cristoph and Archduchess Adelaide will return to Nancy tomorrow (December 14), to visit the crypt of the Church of the Cordeliers. Archduke Carl-Christian will also give a lecture in the gallery of the Ducal Palace in Nancy. The theme of his lecture is "The Emperor Charles and European Unification":

Christoph et Adelaïde d’Autriche : un an après leur mariage à Nancy | Noblesse & Royautés

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

December 14: Archduke Carl-Christian, Princess Marie Astrid, Princess Yolande de Ligne, Archduke Cristoph and Archduchess Adelaide attended the previously mentioned celebration in The Basilica of Saint Epvre, Nancy:

Des reliques de l’empereur Charles d’Autriche à Nancy | Noblesse & Royautés
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Aristocracy

Archduke Alexander also accompanied them. There are links to videos and more pictures here.
Alexander and his sister Gabriella also attended a gala dinner celebrating the 400th anniversary of the Romanov dynasty in Brussels recently.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Courtier

14-12-2013-Fischbach-Luxembourg.

Baptism of HIRH Archduchess Maria-Stella

Baptême de S.A.I.R. l
Old 12-17-2013, 06:59 AM
Nobility

Great news!!
I'm happy to see the whole family.
Prince Jean and little Léopold are so grown up
Two new additions - Constantin and Maria Stella are soooo precious.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great Family with 4 Generations.
Archduchess Yolande is stunning she is 90 years old and Grand Duke Jean 93.
Congratulations.
We had in Belgium a Royal Family Christmas Concert and King Albert and Queen Paola did not attend ! You have the Family you deserve ..
Old 12-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for sharing the article and photo. Nice to see so many family members present for little Maria-Stella's baptism.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Nice family picture indeed. But the press department of the Grand Ducal Court seems to have things mixed up a bit regarding Maria Stella's title. It should read (in English) H.I.R.H. Archduchess Maria Stella of Austria and in French S.A.I.R. Archiduchesse Maria Stella d'Autriche and NOT Archiduchesse Maria Stella de Habsbourg-Lorraine. Maria Stella de Habsbourg-Lorraine is just the name, Archiduchesse d'Autriche the title (which is not recognized in Austria by the way).
Old 12-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Unfortunately it's quite a common practice to mix titles and surnames when talking about the Habsburgs.

I wonder who are the godparents of the little Archduchess; most likely two of her closest relatives, judging from the picture.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Nice family picture indeed. But the press department of the Grand Ducal Court seems to have things mixed up a bit regarding Maria Stella's title. It should read (in English) H.I.R.H. Archduchess Maria Stella of Austria and in French S.A.I.R. Archiduchesse Maria Stella d'Autriche and NOT Archiduchesse Maria Stella de Habsbourg-Lorraine. Maria Stella de Habsbourg-Lorraine is just the name, Archiduchesse d'Autriche the title (which is not recognized in Austria by the way).

Especially as they tell that she is the daughter of Archiduc Imre d'Autriche and also in the photo caption the name the Habsbourg Family members as Archiduc/Archiduchesse d'Autriche

Royal Travel and Events

Old 12-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Yes that is what I found weird. One should think the Press department of the Grand Ducal Court knows what is doing but apparently not.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
14-12-2013-Fischbach-Luxembourg.

Baptism of HIRH Archduchess Maria-Stella

Baptême de S.A.I.R. l
Lovely photo! I do wish we knew who the baby's godparents are...
Old 12-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes that is what I found weird. One should think the Press department of the Grand Ducal Court knows what is doing but apparently not.
They (and many other royal courts) regularly mess up titles. The first guest list published for the Hereditary Grand Duke's wedding was a hot mess of styles and titles with many mistakes.

By the way, the family of Archduke Carl-Christian also hold the title of Princes and Princesses de Habsbourg-Lorraine. Both he and his brother were incorporated into the Belgian nobility with that title and the style of Serene Highnesses by King Baudouin at different points in time.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

You are right Sydney, Rodolphe was incorperated in 1978 while his brother Carl-Christian was in 1983. The title is hereditary so all their offspring has legal titles too.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the photos, Marijke. Little Maria-Stella looks cute from what I can see, and it's nice to see that little Constantin was there too. He looks very tiny! Archduchess Kathleen looks nice, I like her dress.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Courtier

Yes I forgot to mention the that they are members of the Belgian Nobility and therefore even in Austria legally Princes de Habsbourg-Lorraine. 😄
Old 12-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Aristocracy

The young Archduchess' full name is Maria-Stella Elizabeth Christiana Yolande Alberta.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Nobility

Her full names are soooo beautiful
Old 12-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Yes I forgot to mention the that they are members of the Belgian Nobility and therefore even in Austria legally Princes de Habsbourg-Lorraine. 😄
Are you sure? Aren't the children of Prince Lorenz and Princess Astrid the only Habsburgers that are members of the Belgian nobility?

“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.”
- Leonardo da Vinci

All Things Royal (Dutch/Nederlands)

Tags
archduchess marie astrid, archduke carl christian, habsburg