Archduke Carl-Christian, Pss Marie Astrid (née Luxembourg) and Family, 2003- 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice family picture indeed. But the press department of the Grand Ducal Court seems to have things mixed up a bit regarding Maria Stella's title. It should read (in English) H.I.R.H. Archduchess Maria Stella of Austria and in French S.A.I.R. Archiduchesse Maria Stella d'Autriche and NOT Archiduchesse Maria Stella de Habsbourg-Lorraine. Maria Stella de Habsbourg-Lorraine is just the name, Archiduchesse d'Autriche the title (which is not recognized in Austria by the way).

Especially as they tell that she is the daughter of Archiduc Imre d'Autriche and also in the photo caption the name the Habsbourg Family members as Archiduc/Archiduchesse d'Autriche

Yes that is what I found weird. One should think the Press department of the Grand Ducal Court knows what is doing but apparently not.

Yes that is what I found weird. One should think the Press department of the Grand Ducal Court knows what is doing but apparently not.

They (and many other royal courts) regularly mess up titles. The first guest list published for the Hereditary Grand Duke's wedding was a hot mess of styles and titles with many mistakes.

By the way, the family of Archduke Carl-Christian also hold the title of Princes and Princesses de Habsbourg-Lorraine. Both he and his brother were incorporated into the Belgian nobility with that title and the style of Serene Highnesses by King Baudouin at different points in time.

You are right Sydney, Rodolphe was incorperated in 1978 while his brother Carl-Christian was in 1983. The title is hereditary so all their offspring has legal titles too.

Thanks for the photos, Marijke. :flowers: Little Maria-Stella looks cute from what I can see, and it's nice to see that little Constantin was there too. He looks very tiny! Archduchess Kathleen looks nice, I like her dress.

Yes I forgot to mention the that they are members of the Belgian Nobility and therefore even in Austria legally Princes de Habsbourg-Lorraine. ?

The young Archduchess' full name is Maria-Stella Elizabeth Christiana Yolande Alberta.

Yes I forgot to mention the that they are members of the Belgian Nobility and therefore even in Austria legally Princes de Habsbourg-Lorraine. ?

Are you sure? Aren't the children of Prince Lorenz and Princess Astrid the only Habsburgers that are members of the Belgian nobility?

Are you sure? Aren't the children of Prince Lorenz and Princess Astrid the only Habsburgers that are members of the Belgian nobility?

Yes. Like Marengo stated, Archduke Rudolf was incorporated into the Belgian nobility with the title of "Prince de Habsbourg-Lorraine" and the style "His Serene Highness" in 1978 and the same happened to his brother Archduke Carl-Christian in 1983.

maria stella shares birthday with her once removed cousin, guillaume. :)

The young Archduchess' full name is Maria-Stella Elizabeth Christiana Yolande Alberta.

What a lovely set of names. I've always loved Christiana (a friend of mine's younger sister also bears this name), it sounds elegant and feminine.

I agree. Beautiful names for the little one. :)

Archduke Carl-Christian, Princess Marie Astrid (née Luxembourg) and Family, M...

No, the children of Prince Lorenz and Princess Astrid aren't the only Habsburgs to hold Belgian titles. King Baudouin created Archduke Christian's older brother, Rudolf, and his descendants Prince(sse)s of Habsbourg-Lorraine. Later (I believe) Archduke Christian and his descendants were also given the same Belgian title.

Last edited:
Ay. Apologies for the above post. I'm using a new tablet, and the RF app didn't initially show me the more recent posts... so I didn't see that the question had already been answered!

Archduke Carl Christian has a message for the French political party Force Vie, that is participating in the European elections this week. Unsurprisingly it seems to be an obscure party of extreme conservatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wd5ESDkHzA#t=23
Force Vie | Européennes 2014

courtesy: Lux-arazzi blog.

--
According to the polls the party is expected to get 0-1% of the French votes. 0% being the modus.

http://www.sondages-en-france.fr/sondages/Elections/Europeennes-2014/National

Last edited:

It was very nice to learn Maria-Stella's full name.
Previously I had only seen the name of the Archduchess in print as Maria-Stella.

Why some Habsburgs are involved in politics?Do they forget their role as members of the Imperial House?

Why some Habsburgs are involved in politics?Do they forget their role as members of the Imperial House?

What Imperial House. Non-existent for almost 100 years. Come on, don't be silly.

The Imperial House exist but some forget the role of this House.

Well, I don't think that should stop him, AD Otto and AD Karl were members of the European parlament IIRC. But CC is the brother-in-law of the reigning GD of Luxembourg and in that light I think it isn't wise to support such an extreme group.

If Pss Mabel would be supporting such a party the Dutch press would butcher her. Likewise, I can imagine the press going wild if f.e. Viktoria of Parma would be bullying women who go to health clinics too (like CC's d-i-l does). But the Luxembourg people seem rather forgiving.

I love it that they keep remembering historic royals, even when it was so long ago.

I read on Noblesse & Royautes that Archduke Christoph and Archduchess Adelaide are expecting their first child together, which is due at the end of this year. They got their information from Marlene Koenig, who I think is quite reliable, so I'm guessing it's true.

Congratulations to them. :flowers: I had often wondered when they would have a child.

I've read the same at another site so I believe that it is true. This will be the couple's fourth grandchild. So far two boys and one girl for the grandparents.

very exciting news for christophe and adelaide! can't wait until they confirm it officially (although they never confirmed or announced pregnancies before, so i guess we will only know once the baby is born...?). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom