The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria > The Imperial House of Habsburg

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, the engagement is far from official yet. The blog author states that it is possible that he is engaged and that she received the information through a private source. So until it is officially announced we can only speculate about it .

--
I would be surprised if the possible fiance isn't from the group of nobles cluttering around Brussels btw . They tend to stick together as much as they can.

Isn't the archduke still pretty young btw?
Apprently it is on his Facebook page

Old 01-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Royal Highness

I don't think it is very young. I know a lot of people who got engaged when they were 22/23 years old, even younger, and who married before 25.
He will turn 23 soon, so we can assume he will have at least a degree or even a master degree. And I don't have any doubt about the fact that his family's relations and his mere name will open him a lot of doors to get a well-paid job to support his family.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Courtier

I find it too early as well. Particularly for a young man. I had expected the elder brother Imre and even he seems still too young (born in 1985). The name Adelaide to me sounds both noble and french (maybe the former royal house of Orleans?)
Old 01-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm afraid she's not an Orleans; the only Adelaide of Orleans is already married and however too old for Christoph.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Courtier

Maybe she is from another Noble/Aristrocrat family!!, if not, She maybe from a wealthy family
Old 01-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
I don't think it is very young. I know a lot of people who got engaged when they were 22/23 years old, even younger, and who married before 25.
He will turn 23 soon, so we can assume he will have at least a degree or even a master degree. And I don't have any doubt about the fact that his family's relations and his mere name will open him a lot of doors to get a well-paid job to support his family.
It is very cruel for this young man to have to carry the suspicion that he has or will have jobs thanks to the relations of his family.
I hope that we shall leave with him the time to show his ability and to prove that he has the qualities to receive from such responsibilities and not only thanks to birth.
After all he doesnt need to gain 3 - 4 000 for the beginning!
It is not certain that he reached the necessary Master degree level to begin as small executive. And I doubt that he has in more 5 years of professionnal experience!
Unless he went out as any good genius,major student of his promotion of one furthermore prestigieus institutes or universities of Europe!

It is effectively young to get married, at least with regard to unions in Gotha and somewhere else in all Europe.
But I have a former friend of school, old nobility, very catholic, who met her "first one*lover* (also from old nobility) at 18 years old, and had to wait 20 years old to marry him (not even a kiss was allowed). She is 25 years old now 3 children soon 4, has totally to stop her studies. Her husband works for one year and a lot (its their families which supported them financially before) and evolved a lot. They will never divorce, but each can realize that they do not speak to each other and their entertainments are now diametrically set. She remains every day alone until 22 oclock except for the weekend and even on Saturdays her husband plays tennis, frequent clubs and sometime goes in the evenings alone! Shes so sad and so old. Its such a pity for her and for their children.
When you are young, its necessary to be sure to know each other already well, in particular to know yourself.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginalix View Post
It is very cruel for this young man to have to carry the suspicion that he has or will have jobs thanks to the relations of his family.
I hope that we shall leave with him the time to show his ability and to prove that he has the qualities to receive from such responsibilities and not only thanks to birth.
After all he doesn’t need to gain 3 - 4 000 € for the beginning!
It is not certain that he reached the necessary Master degree level to begin as small executive. And I doubt that he has in more 5 years of professionnal experience!
Unless he went out as any good genius,major student of his promotion of one furthermore prestigieus institutes or universities of Europe!
Of course, I wish him to be able to show his abilities by himself. But in the current times where the unemployment rate for the youth is higher in lot of european countries, it's easier to get a job when you are on "son of" or when your parents belong to a high-society social network. Even in a lower level than nobility, the people I know whose parents have, as we say, an important social position found more easily than the others a job thanks to Dad's good friends.
But I wish the young archduke to find a job in which he will take pleasure and open out, which would be the best for him.

Quote:
It is effectively young to get married, at least with regard to unions in Gotha and somewhere else in all Europe.
But I have a former friend of school, old nobility, very catholic, who met her "first one*lover* (also from old nobility) at 18 years old, and had to wait 20 years old to marry him (not even a kiss was allowed). She is 25 years old now 3 children soon 4, has totally to stop her studies. Her husband works for one year and a lot (it’s their families which supported them financially before) and evolved a lot. They will never divorce, but each can realize that they do not speak to each other and their entertainments are now diametrically set. She remains every day alone until 22 o’clock except for the weekend and even on Saturdays her husband plays tennis, frequent clubs and sometime goes in the evenings alone! She’s so sad and so old. It’s such a pity for her and for their children.
When you are young, it’s necessary to be sure to know each other already well, in particular to know yourself.
I can only agree with you. I have such examples around me and it is such a pity. But I also people young people who were engaged young but didn't marry until both had a degree so that they could both work, if necessary, and who took a lot of time to be sure they knew what they would doof their wedding. However, it is the key of all successful weddings, no matter the age.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Courtier

Here are the baptism pictures of the family
Old 02-14-2011, 05:29 PM

Heya...does anyone know something about Archduke Alexander? Some news?Where does he study now?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Gentry

No idea where the Archduke Alexander studies, however I imagine that he would be at University.

here.. here.. what is all this talk about Archduke Christoph getting married to some one of Noble birth or not noble birth. I happen to be very traditional, however I think it's a totally foolish argument, simply because if a person is in love then what is more important? Just for the sake of genealogy should a person risk his marriage? Archduchess Marie-Christine married a Count, and that is fine they are in love but maybe this choice of Archduke Christoph is also love...I don't find it wrong at all.

If anything if there was an argument about Catherine Middleton then I might agree, since she will be a Queen one day, however still the will of God is the will of God and what God will tie in matrimony will be sacred none the less.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I saw Archduke Imre doing a "baisse-main" to his Aunts on a perfect way. I was impressed seeing a young handsome Prince continuing traditions. Well done
Old 04-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to Archduke Carl-Christian and Archduchess Marie-Astrid on the birth of their first grandchild, Count Leopold of Limburg-Stirum, on 19th April!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:09 AM

site with photos of the Archduke Alexander

Gorgeous Princes: HIRH Archduke Alexander of Austria (1990)
Old 06-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Nobility

Assuming that he is going to marry a noble girl that is about 3 years younger or older than him, geneall.net has following girls to offer :)

1)GeneAll.net - Adlade de Chabannes
2)GeneAll.net - Adlade Franois-Poncet
3)GeneAll.net - Adlade de Laguiche
4)GeneAll.net - Adlade de Lastic-Saint-Jal

I bet on 1) !
Old 07-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Gentry

Imre
Interns Atlas Network
Old 07-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by m 12 View Post

FYI: The Atlas Network is a very conservative "think tank" associated with the Republican Party in the United States, the Conservative Party in Britain, and right-wing parties in Latin America.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:32 AM
Gentry

Listen, I think things are getting very personal here. Those photographs placed here, of some of Archduke Karl-Christien's family are too personal, and I'm sure they would be annoyed had they seen them here. I think it's incorrect and a breach of privacy. Let's not do like what Hollywood does, and make our favorite Royal families look like movie stars, because they are not movie stars, they are Royal families, totally different.

Now if you want to see something which I am sure Karl Christien and Marie Astrid wouldn't mind go here:

@ 0:57 there you can see our favorite Arch-Duke Karl-Christien with Archduchess Marie-Astrid. Who is that to her right? Her mother?
@ 1:07 you can see the Grandmaster of the Order of Malta, Fra'matthew Festing, then the Grand Duke of Luxembourg and Prince Hans Adam of Liechtenstein, and I think the King of Sweden (not sure).

Any way, does any one know if Countess Marie-Christine was at the Funeral? Where there any of the Children of Archduke Karl-Christien at the funeral?
Old 07-18-2011, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The woman at the right of Marie Astrid is her sister in law Archduchess Alexandra, Mrs. Riesle; Marie Astrid's mother, Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte of Luxembourg, died in 2005.

I don't know if Marie Christine attended Archduke Otto's funeral; however, her three brothers attended it.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Nobility

Any news on the engagement of Archduke Christoph? There was a young lady seated between Imre and him at the funeral of Archduke Otto, I suppose that was Adelaide?
Old 12-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Courtier

JUST A HAPPY FAMILY!

Revue - Familienfeier bei Brssel - Erzherzog Imre verlobt

Tags
archduchess marie astrid, archduke carl christian, habsburg