The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Germany and Austria > The Imperial House of Habsburg

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Gentry

Does any one know of any upcoming events where we get to see picture of our royal idols? A wedding or function perhaps??

Does the Archduchess Marie-Astrid ever appear in public?? Like can people meet here or book appointments with her and stuff like that?? I have a book I need to give her, well it's also good for Archduke Carl Christian too in this case.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Does anyone have pictures of Archduchess Gabriella"s confirmation?, the confirmation was in March 2008!

At the bottom of the blog post its mentioned some current events of Archduke Carl Christian and his family :http://lux-arazzi.blogspot.com/2010/...and-about.html

Old 10-25-2010, 04:12 AM
Gentry

How nice that blog was, Indeed pictures of the confirmation would be superb! Why was the Archduchess confirmed in 2008 ?? Isn't that very late? when I was young we were confirmed at 9 years old, I was confirmed at 9, the worst thing was that I was feeling very sick so they anointed me first and then I had to leave. But any way, it would be great to see some picture of the Archduchess being anointed.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

There were pictures in the Belgian version of Paris Match and in Point de Vu. I don't have access to them, they were on my previous computer. Maybe someone else can help you.

The confirmation of Archduchess Gabriella took place on March 1, 2008. Her first cousin, Princess Eleonora of Auersperg-Trautson, received her 1st communion at the same time.

Present were of course the parents of Gabriella and Eleonora. Also in attendance were among others, Queen Fabiola of the Belgians, Princess Mathilde of Belgium with Princess Elisabeth, Prince Gabriel and Prince Emmanuel, Prince Lorenz and Princess Astrid of Belgium, Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Prince Louis and Tessy with Gabriel, and Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg.

PR
Old 11-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Courtier

Why do they hold a confirmation ceremony?, what do they do in that ceremony?. I am very curious to know, because I have never heard about any Confirmation ceremony in My country
Old 11-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Confirmation is religious rite, considered as a sacrament by Catholic Church, which bestows the Gifts of the Holy Spirit to the confirmand through the laying on of hands and the anointing by a bishop.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:46 AM

Also, the confirmation ceremony for Catholics is very similar to the "coming of age" ceremonies of a Bar/Bat Mitzvah in Judaism.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Courtier

Those who haven't seen a picture of Archduchess Marie Christine and Count Rudolphe since their wedding day, please go to the first post of this thread, then you click on the third link in that post, After clicking on the link you scroll down.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Gentry

Wait.......Confirmation has nothing to do with coming of age..... people can do their confirmation at any age, I was 9. But today they are doing it at 16 for some reason... people I know are not doing it even at 16... but they will have to do it at one point or another if they want to marry. The Confirmation is when a Catholic confirms his or her Baptism and promises entirely to be of Christ and is signed with holy oil by a bishop with the sign of Christ. So basically Archduchess Gabriella has confirmed her baptism and become a soldier of Christ.

Shikha Pal thanks for the photographs of the Archduchess Marie-Christine, isn't she now known as Countess? Any way God bless their marriage and may they be bound with the love of Christ.

My God, the Count de Limburg-Stirum looks so familiar!!!! How strange, could it be a I met him and never noticed.... Sheikha do you have any more pictures of the Count? Maybe my eyes are playing tricks...
Old 12-08-2010, 03:13 AM
Courtier

Your welcome Preist008

the title 'Countess of Limburg Stirum' has been added to her titles.

You can see pictures of Count Rudolphe in these threads :

Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria and Count Rodolphe of Limburg-Stirum, 6 Dec 08

and

Archduchess Marie Christine and Count Rodolphe of Limburg-Stirum
Old 01-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Gentry

Thanks shikha! I hope you all had a happy Christmas and good start of this new year! Are there any planned events this year? I was thinking of asking Warren to create a chat, and send a formal request to a Habsburg member to come and speak to us, do you think it's a good idea, it would be so nice!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

The family will, along with Grand Duke Jean, his other children, children-in-law and grandchildren, attend the concert tomorrow to celebrate the 90th birthday of Grand Duke Jean.

More information: Grand Duke Jean's 90th Birthday; January 5th, 2011

PR
Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Gentry

Seen, everything; Any more events???? LOl I am love seeing family occasions it shows such great unity.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Royal Highness

An other son of the couple got engaged: Archduke Christoph of Austria, son of archduke Carl-Christian and princess Marie-Astrid of Luxemburg, with a young girl named Adélaïde.

Source: Lëtzebuerg: Possible Engagement
Old 01-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Courtier

This is such a BIG SURPRISE! CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:49 AM
Nobility

Well if it's true I sincerly hope that she is from a right family.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

What do you mean by "right"? The more important thing is mutual, deep and mature love between the couple and their preparation to start a family, and not what families do they come from.
The word "misalliance" is out of date now, as royal families (still less non-reigning ones) have no political power.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, the engagement is far from official yet. The blog author states that it is possible that he is engaged and that she received the information through a private source. So until it is officially announced we can only speculate about it .

--
I would be surprised if the possible fiance isn't from the group of nobles cluttering around Brussels btw . They tend to stick together as much as they can.

Isn't the archduke still pretty young btw?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes, he's rather young; he'll turn 23 years old in less than two weeks.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
What do you mean by "right"? The more important thing is mutual, deep and mature love between the couple and their preparation to start a family, and not what families do they come from.
The word "misalliance" is out of date now, as royal families (still less non-reigning ones) have no political power.
I know that and because I live in the real world I can only agree. HOWEVER I really wish Princes would marry Princess. I don't care about political power, just the geneaology,

Tags
archduchess marie astrid, archduke carl christian, habsburg