Where to Watch the Abdication and Proclamation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fürstin Taxis

Serene Highness
City
Jupiter
Country
Germany
ZIMhcVq.png

Please share links and lists of channels here

I'm sure that the English-language news channels will be covering it as well.

:previous: I would think (or hope) that there will be coverage on British TV. The SRF seems to be quite well known in the UK, as The Daily Mail and The Telegraph have recently been publishing a lot of articles on Letizia, and at the time of the Spanish train crash, there was coverage of Felipe and Letizia on the News. If not, then I'm sure that the News will show clips/footage of the installation, like they did with WA of the Netherland's inauguration.

I am hoping we will get on the Spanish speaking news channel here in America

At the moment there is no notification that ARD or ZDF will show it. But iirc they also didn´t broadcasted the Dutch and Belgian installations.

:previous: I would think (or hope) that there will be coverage on British TV. The SRF seems to be quite well known in the UK, as The Daily Mail and The Telegraph have recently been publishing a lot of articles on Letizia, and at the time of the Spanish train crash, there was coverage of Felipe and Letizia on the News. If not, then I'm sure that the News will show clips/footage of the installation, like they did with WA of the Netherland's inauguration.

On Sky and Freeview, BBC News 24 and Euronews will most likely have live coverage - Euronews covered the Belgian and Dutch abdications and inaugurations very well indeed.

What is the date and time?

For the Abdication: June 18, 6:00 pm (Spanish hour).

For the Proclamation: June 19
TVE´s coverage starts at 8:00 am, at 9:30 am the first event of the day will start (King Juan Carlos will impose the sash of General Captain of the Army to King Felipe).
The arrival to the Congress will be around 10:00 am and the act of proclamation will start at 10:30.

This is the coverage TVE´s going to offer on Wednesday and Thursday:
https://translate.google.com/transl...ion-felipe-vi/954201.shtml&edit-text=&act=url

Last edited:
^^^ Thank you for the information; I didn't realize it was this soon.

I'm hoping Euronews will be broadcasting the Proclamation Ceremony live,they did so with the Dutch Abdication/Investiture Ceremonies.

TVE Internacíonal will certainly do. As well via a live stream on tve.es...

At the moment there is no notification that ARD or ZDF will show it. But iirc they also didn´t broadcasted the Dutch and Belgian installations.

Heu... ARD/ZDF/WDR were all day long broadcasting Live aus Amsterdam and had an own mobile studio alongside one of the canals... They indeed did not cover the Belgian Investiture so extensively, which probably had to do with the lack of ceremonial splendour, the lack of royal spectacle and the lack of foreign guests attending in all glanz und gloria... In Amsterdam however, they really came with an enormous team to bring it all into the German houses...

:flowers:

Heu... ARD/ZDF/WDR were all day long broadcasting Live aus Amsterdam and had an own mobile studio alongside one of the canals... They indeed did not cover the Belgian Investiture so extensively, which probably had to do with the lack of ceremonial splendour, the lack of royal spectacle and the lack of foreign guests attending in all glanz und gloria... In Amsterdam however, they really came with an enormous team to bring it all into the German houses...

It was only ARD who broadcasted the dutch Investiture. There is an agreement that only one of the 2 public Channels is broacasting Major Royals Events because there was some critic when both of them broadcasted the danish and spanish Royal Wedding in 2004. An Exception was the Wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2011 where again both public Channels broadcasted live.

Maybe I can´t remember it, because I could´t watch it live :D Thank you!
Yes, this and that the Dutch are more known and popular here than the Belgian Royals.

Is there any online English radio that will cover the ceremony?? .. its difficult for me to watch it while working.

Is there any online English radio that will cover the ceremony?? .. its difficult for me to watch it while working.

I have no idea, probably in the news bulletins. There is little to cover because what is to say? The new King appears in the Cortes, affirms the Constitution and then is proclaimed King. For a radio journalist it looks difficult to me to make something of this.

Why do the Germans always speak about Krönung while it is really nothing else than an Investiture?

Because Krönung sounds better than Amtseinführung ;)

And thanks Charlotte! ZDF has always a good quality (although I would have preferred Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert tbh).

Last edited:
Anyone who watched from Canada have luck with any of the links? I'm having no luck at all - either geoblocked or not loading:sad:

Back
Top Bottom