The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,182
Spain's Royal family cut budget for first time in history - Telegraph
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-17-2010, 09:38 PM
madeleine victoria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: cavite, Philippines
Posts: 775
Well, I quite understand if they decreased the budget of the SRF next year. Spain continues to have the highest unemployment rate in Europe.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-19-2010, 05:49 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,514
Spain's royalty forced to cut back - Europe, World News - Independent.ie
Europe Pushes Austerity, Even For A King And Queen : NPR
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
The budget is not only for personal spending money, money is needed to organize acts, security needs money, thus the SRF can't have as many acts as they want. On the persoanl money, Felipe's grandparents were in exile, except for some jewels, I don't think he inherited any substantial cash or property from them.
I've moved my response to this thread since I dont believe that the spending part is correct. The allowance that JC receives from the State (around 8 Mio. Euros) is for personal use ONLY. The way he choses to spend it is completely out of taxpayers' eyes because everything concerning the SRF's events and way of life, like houses, cars, security, is either picked up by National Patrimony or the State (various ministries).

While its common knowledge that JC is very, very wealthy or at least got it through his connections, we cant say for sure about Felipe but its very likely that he can afford a very high standard of life for himself and his family, not to mention all the freebees and gifts people like royals usually receive for advertisement and promotion, clothes, bags, cars etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lalala, Spain
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I've moved my response to this thread since I dont believe that the spending part is correct. The allowance that JC receives from the State (around 8 Mio. Euros) is for personal use ONLY. The way he choses to spend it is completely out of taxpayers' eyes because everything concerning the SRF's events and way of life, like houses, cars, security, is either picked up by National Patrimony or the State (various ministries).

While its common knowledge that JC is very, very wealthy or at least got it through his connections, we cant say for sure about Felipe but its very likely that he can afford a very high standard of life for himself and his family, not to mention all the freebees and gifts people like royals usually receive for advertisement and promotion, clothes, bags, cars etc.
Absolutely not, that's completely wrong:

"By means of this annual sum, H.M. The King’s Household responds to its most direct financial obligations that are not the responsibility of other State bodies. Such obligations include (1): salaries, social security contributions and social provisions for senior management, management and non-civil servant staff for which the Royal Household is responsible; day-to-day operative costs, such as office materials; certain supplies; protocol and representation expenses (e.g., luncheons, dinners and receptions); transport and board and accommodation expenses; the acquisition of miscellaneous materials for the functioning of different offices within the Royal Household, etc"

They don't pay for their security, official vehicles and upkeep of the state-owned palaces:

"Likewise, H.M. The King’s Household is no exception from other Constitutional bodies and Ministries in that its security expenses are met by the Interior Ministry, while those concerning official vehicles and their drivers correspond to the State Transport Service (Ministry of Economy and Finance). La Zarzuela Palace and other Royal Sites are property of the State. Their maintenance and upkeep correspond, by law, to the autonomous agency Patrimonio Nacional (National Heritage). Regarding the management and administration of the annual budget of H.M. The King’s Household, the normal procedures of the State Administration are followed.
Furthermore, regarding labour and taxation matters, the Royal Household is fully subject to current legislation. "
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
Absolutely not, that's completely wrong:

"By means of this annual sum, H.M. The King’s Household responds to its most direct financial obligations that are not the responsibility of other State bodies. Such obligations include (1): salaries, social security contributions and social provisions for senior management, management and non-civil servant staff for which the Royal Household is responsible; day-to-day operative costs, such as office materials; certain supplies; protocol and representation expenses (e.g., luncheons, dinners and receptions); transport and board and accommodation expenses; the acquisition of miscellaneous materials for the functioning of different offices within the Royal Household, etc"

They don't pay for their security, official vehicles and upkeep of the state-owned palaces:

"Likewise, H.M. The King’s Household is no exception from other Constitutional bodies and Ministries in that its security expenses are met by the Interior Ministry, while those concerning official vehicles and their drivers correspond to the State Transport Service (Ministry of Economy and Finance). La Zarzuela Palace and other Royal Sites are property of the State. Their maintenance and upkeep correspond, by law, to the autonomous agency Patrimonio Nacional (National Heritage). Regarding the management and administration of the annual budget of H.M. The King’s Household, the normal procedures of the State Administration are followed.
Furthermore, regarding labour and taxation matters, the Royal Household is fully subject to current legislation. "
Thanks for pointing out. So JC pays for his household that is further explained on casareal:
The Royal Household of His Majesty the King_ Welcome

Other than that, there is no information on how he distributes the money and what is being done with it and his allowance is not subject to the Court of Auditors. One could think, that JC is rich enough to pay for a treadmill to keep him healthy but still he asked the National Patrimony to pay for the fitness equipment since it was part of Zarzuela maintainance

Patrimonio le compra al Rey una ‘exclusiva’ cinta mecánica por 14.000 euros - elConfidencial.com
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lalala, Spain
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Thanks for pointing out. So JC pays for his household that is further explained on casareal:
The Royal Household of His Majesty the King_ Welcome

Other than that, there is no information on how he distributes the money and what is being done with it and his allowance is not subject to the Court of Auditors. One could think, that JC is rich enough to pay for a treadmill to keep him healthy but still he asked the National Patrimony to pay for the fitness equipment since it was part of Zarzuela maintainance

Patrimonio le compra al Rey una ‘exclusiva’ cinta mecánica por 14.000 euros - elConfidencial.com
Yes, he distributes the money however he likes, however :

"As occurs with other Constitutional bodies such as the Congress and the Senate, and in other countries in our context — both monarchies and republics — the overall budget assignation to H.M. The King’s Household is not subject to examination by the Court of Auditors.
Nevertheless, H.M. The King’s Household does have a Comptroller, a career staff member belonging to the Corps of Comptrollers and Auditors of the State Administration, appointed by Royal Decree, who performs his/her tasks in accordance with the general criteria and techniques established by the Comptroller General’s Office."

Did we find out the thruth about the threadmill? I remember a republican deputy was going to ask that question to the goverment at the Congress.
Regarding JC's wealth, while I have no doubt it has increased from what they had at the begining of his reign, it's only speculation, nobody has a real idea.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,514
Spain's royals reveal salaries for first time

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
The Associated Press: Spain's king earns $382,000 a year
AFP: Spain's royals reveal salaries for first time
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-28-2011, 09:18 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,673
Budget of the House of the King

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Google Traductor

For the first time they made public how the budget is distributed.

Budget for the year 2011, 8,434,280.00 euros

Royal Family: 814,128 €

HM the King: endowment amounts to 140,519 € and representation expenses 152,233 €

Prince of Asturias: endowment amounts to 70,259 € and representation expenses 76,117 €

Queen, Princess of Asturias and Infantas Elena and Cristina: representation expenses 375,000 €

Personnel expenses: 4,039,000 €
Current expenditure on goods and services: 3,275,000
Contingency Fund: 206,152 €
Real investments: 100,000 €.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,514
Juan Carlos Earns $382,000 to Reign in Spain - ABC News

The amount is not bad, most Heads of State or even Heads of Government earn less, but its still within the average range. Its not so high that it could be critizised by the public but it doesnt come cheap, either.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-28-2011, 02:48 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Juan Carlos Earns $382,000 to Reign in Spain - ABC News

The amount is not bad, most Heads of State or even Heads of Government earn less, but its still within the average range. Its not so high that it could be critizised by the public but it doesnt come cheap, either.
You must deduce 40 % of taxes, so the final amount is greatly reduced.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 1,398
Let's not forget he doesn't get to retire, either.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-29-2011, 01:36 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
You must deduce 40 % of taxes, so the final amount is greatly reduced.
As far as I know, most of JC's peers pay taxes, there is no difference. JC is on par with Obama's salary of 400.000 USD, who pays taxes too, so not bad at all.

I guess Felipe's salary is pretty low compared to HIS peers.

In a republic, the public only pays for the HoS and not for family members so Felipe's salary and the Letizia/Infanta pool comes on top.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...n-history.html
The article includes a comparison what other RFs get.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Upper Marlboro, United States
Posts: 38
I don't think Denmark's royals pay taxes and they are reimbursed for VAT.

Do the Spanish Royal family have inherited wealth?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 953
Hm, this really does not sound much to me - especially if you have to pay taxes. So I never ever want to claim again, that Letizia is wearing Zara for daytime fashion -- she simply has to do it to get a balance in her spendings.....
BYe Bine
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-29-2011, 04:49 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Regina, Canada
Posts: 192
The cost does not reflect revenues that a royal family generates either.


Compared to other monarchies Spain is cheap. Liechtenstein is cheapest at free, followed by Luxembourg for cost and bang for bucks (could find exact numbers), Monaco is probably cheap except the wedding, Belgium is 28 million, Norway is 14.5 million and I suspect Sweden is similar. The UK is 40 million but the revenues from the royal wedding paid for itself plus the crown lands generate 260 million per year for the UK. The British monarchy costs Canada more per year via her representation (with mininum revenues) and the Dutch is almost 40 million while the Danish monarchy costs more too. This is also all before tax.


The ones that probably cost alot are African and Asian ones. Morocco once revealed he cost of it's monarchy - 300 million per year - and never again. Others do not reveal this info.


But compared to Presidential families is also telling - I read France pays out about 100 million per year, I believe Germany was way less but more than a monarchy, and for sure the US and Russia would spend more than France. One place figured the US was 10 times the UK but no info.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-29-2011, 05:11 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMR412 View Post
Do the Spanish Royal family have inherited wealth?
There is a separate thread for this topic but yes, they are wealthy. Not so much by heritage but rather by gathering during reign.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...yals-7050.html

I believe Sofia is financially independent from JC and despite his considerable low income, Felipe wont be struggling either.

The SRF have lots of hidden assets and have looked after them very well in that respect through connections, business relations etc (especially JC has been very shrewd over the years or decades in that respect) therefore the family has always been well aware that showing off is not a good idea as long as the monarchy remains fragile.

JC will hate Inaki the moron for the disservice he has done to the institution and the individuals of the SRF, forcing them to open up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: olney, United States
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
There is a separate thread for this topic but yes, they are wealthy. Not so much by heritage but rather by gathering during reign.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...yals-7050.html

I believe Sofia is financially independent from JC and despite his considerable low income, Felipe wont be struggling either.

The SRF have lots of hidden assets and have looked after them very well in that respect through connections, business relations etc (especially JC has been very shrewd over the years or decades in that respect) therefore the family has always been well aware that showing off is not a good idea as long as the monarchy remains fragile.

JC will hate Inaki the moron for the disservice he has done to the institution and the individuals of the SRF, forcing them to open up.
I certainly hope they have personal wealth. These salaries are MIDDLE middle class salaries.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-04-2012, 02:36 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,514
Crisis: Spain, Rajoy also cuts King Juan Carlos' cheque by 2 - Spain - ANSAMed.it

Its not much compared to what other institutions have to take in, especially when keeping in mind that the Palma couple wont do any activities until further notice and that Elena's activities have been reduced to a minimum.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-04-2012, 04:11 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Crisis: Spain, Rajoy also cuts King Juan Carlos' cheque by 2 - Spain - ANSAMed.it

Its not much compared to what other institutions have to take in, especially when keeping in mind that the Palma couple wont do any activities until further notice and that Elena's activities have been reduced to a minimum.
The Royal Family has a very small budget, compared with other institutions,so the cut is proportional. The ministries have budgets of more than one billion euros, the House of the King only receives 8 million euros, so the comparison is quite absurd.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
finances, spanish royal family


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Wealth and Finances Smartie2091 British Royals 852 08-01-2014 12:33 PM
Royals and Wealth, Costs and Finances kcc Royal Life and Lifestyle 384 09-28-2012 02:27 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman picture of the month pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]