State Visit from Latvia to Spain: October 18-19, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pre-SEEGER00116765.jpg

pre-SEEGER00120222.jpg

pre-SEEGER00127631.jpg

To me it looks like she has used the same skirt twice and the same top twice only put up the sleeves yesterday. I loved the outfit in Denmark. Thought the one for the gala for the president of Peru was Ok , but the more I see of the last outfit the less I like it. I agree that it is too much dress for such a small person and also I think it is a little to much clevage for a gala. Im not saying she should wear turtlenecks, but certainly there are levels in between. I know Lorenzo Caprile has said he likes women with curves but I think he has to consider who he make dresses for,.

It is a lot of dress for her and I agree she looks better in her suits with her sharp features. But it is too much cleavage for such a thin woman.

Dennism said:
But it is too much cleavage for such a thin woman.
It's either a push-up bra, artificial ones, or a corset...But actually, I think it looks good on her.

Maybe she should become the spokeswoman for the Wonderbra then. :)

Dennism said:
Maybe she should become the spokeswoman for the Wonderbra then. :)
That's mean but funny, I am surprised though that a woman who is sooo skinny can have such 'ample' breasts...they are not surgically enchanced are they? Oh! no, now they are going to kill me...please don't...help....:eek:

Letizia, imho, has made very few blunders in the wardrobe department since becoming princess of Asturias. Last night's gown was not my favourite but still not horrid. It's not as if she showed up wearing some artistically torn gown that Courtney Love might have sported in past years at award shows.

And, as another poster said Princess Madeleine has been seen wearing very low-cut gowns as have several other royals. So, why is Letizia's gown getting so much attention? :confused:

Last edited:
This cleavage discussion is quite amusing ...

First of all, I think it is obvious that Letizia's clevage is "man made" rather than natural. It is obviously not surgery, unless there is a form of breast enhancement now that can be done in a mere few hours, including recovery. When she wore the white and beige suit earlier in the day she was not so busty ... yet a few hours later she suddenly is double her size? Obviously it is a push up bra or a padded bra or both.

Secondly, how much of her cleavage is really visible? From the pictures I see here the blue sash covers more than half of it. It is more the illusion of her cleavage that is visible beneath the sash and the bit of skin that is showing that the sash does not cover.

Thirdly, should she be wearing a turtleneck? She is a young woman with a good figure, so why shouldn't she show it off a bit? Her chest is not hanging out nor is it falling out of dress. I think what little of herself she is showing is relatively discreet when you consider that there are pictures of Stephanie of Monaco baring much more than this at the Rose Ball, or when you consider the red dress Madeline wore to the Nobel Prize one year.

It's a shame that the focus is on her cleavage so much here when it really is not that much of an issue. Most people probably see more cleavage and skin on television in the middle of the day than this.

MADRID, SPAIN - OCTOBER 18: Princess Letizia and Crown Prince Felipe of Spain attend Royal Gala Dinner honouring Letonia's President Vaira Vike-Freiberga at the Royal Palace on October 18, 2004 in Madrid, Spain. (Photo by Carlos Alvarez /Getty Images)

Attachments

• 51493941.jpg
    51493941.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 51493945.jpg
    51493945.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 315
  • 51493947.jpg
    51493947.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 343
  • 51493942.jpg
    51493942.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 51493952.jpg
    51493952.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Well, said Genevieve and Julia. For me it isn´t the cleavage per se but that left breast popping upwards. Not a fan of that because it is "manmade" as Genevieve said.

I agree that there are different levels of cleavage. Some are acceptable for a Crown Princess/Princess and others aren't.The first time Letizia wore the top her cleavage was a bit ok, but this time it is clearly pushing the envelope (or at least it looks that way in quite a few pictures).

Last edited:
From Imagine Scandinavia (Thanks rchainho)

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 411
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 285
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 334
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 388
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 307
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 293
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 436
Josefine said:
is there no return dinner?
If you mean a dinner offered by the Latvian President, she hosted a dinner at El Pardo honoring T.M. The Kings, but the Casa Real Website gives pictures of just the King and Queen, not from Felipe and Letizia although they say that they attended.

Two more from Imagine

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 343
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 333
Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Princess Letizia looked really nice in her gown. I agree with the comment that she has very sharp features and I think that is a part of her attractiveness. In one of the gala photos, though, she looked very thin to me. I thought she was getting adjusted to life in the royal fish bowl :) and was gaining a little weight. Still, she looked lovely, I thought. I hope she grows graciously in her role. By the way, the pictures of the gala are wonderful!

Somebody said earlier that wanted to see Letizia's hair style at the gala dinner for the Latvian President from the back. This was the best that I got

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 380
Anna_R said:
If you mean a dinner offered by the Latvian President, she hosted a dinner at El Pardo honoring T.M. The Kings, but the Casa Real Website gives pictures of just the King and Queen, not from Felipe and Letizia although they say that they attended.
thank you so much that was what i meant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom