The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-21-2019, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Juan Carlos was chosen by Francisco Franco to be the sovereign. Imagine how Juan Carlos' father, Infante Juan, Count of Barcelona felt when he was bypassed as a possible successor to the throne.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Juan Carlos was chosen by Francisco Franco to be the sovereign. Imagine how Juan Carlos' father, Infante Juan, Count of Barcelona felt when he was bypassed as a possible successor to the throne.
I always found this rather odd and thought in me heart how would Germans feel.if they.had had a King chosen by Hitler...
No matter, I have found a great schism within the Bourbons and I can prophesy HM Felipe VI is the last to be Monarch.in modern Spain. I personally am too purist and can't fathom commoners as kings or queens and the virginity of Monarchy has been severed thanks to the rotten trenches of Capitalism and mass media. I say people in Spain may be stupid but they are not subnormals and shan"t accept a future young queen who was a product of discord and tensions. HM Juan Carlos I good or bad already knew of this and always opposed the nuptials, let alone Her Gracious Majesty Sofia. Don Juan de Borbon Count of Barcelona did not like Franco's bargain but as a father and also as a Nobleman he acted with humility and resignation, two.values of important message in true Aristocracy.
Ich Dien
Noblesse Oblige

Old 05-22-2019, 12:57 AM
Gentry

I prefer more Felipe VI than Juan Carlos I at least for now. JCI did great job transferring Spain to democracy after 36 years lasted Franco's dictatorship. Unfortunately later he became ratherly problem to monarchy due his corruption connection. Felipe VI seems handled these problems very well altough he too has made some mistakes, speciality handling of Catalan separatism wasn't bit failure.

And I dislike JCI's support for bullfighting altough I don't know what is current king's opinion about that. For me Spain or then EU should prohibit such animal torutre. And I don't accept hunting for fun, speciality not endangered animals.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think that Portugal, Spain and France are the only countries in Europe where there are bullfights. I do not even know the other countries know this tradition.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I think that Portugal, Spain and France are the only countries in Europe where there are bullfights. I do not even know the other countries know this tradition.
The bullfights in France do NOT harm the animals. The bulls are let into an arena and young unarmed men, usually dressed in white, have to try to pick a rosette from the bull's horns. No longer than 5 minutes and then the bull is back in the stables again. It is a sort of playing with the bulls, often with the bull as victor (when the daring jeune homme did not manage to pick a rosette from the horns).

It looks like this, no any cruelty and totally different from Spain: https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/cama...n-53605794.jpg
Old 05-22-2019, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I don’t know the details of Felipe VI’s position on bullfighting, but, as King of Spain, he is bound to sign into law any bill that has been passed by the Cortes. The rpolitical esponsibility lies with the President of the Government who , I believe, countersigns the bill.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedrich Karl II View Post
I prefer more Felipe VI than Juan Carlos I at least for now. JCI did great job transferring Spain to democracy after 36 years lasted Franco's dictatorship. Unfortunately later he became ratherly problem to monarchy due his corruption connection. Felipe VI seems handled these problems very well altough he too has made some mistakes, speciality handling of Catalan separatism wasn't bit failure.

And I dislike JCI's support for bullfighting altough I don't know what is current king's opinion about that. For me Spain or then EU should prohibit such animal torutre. And I don't accept hunting for fun, speciality not endangered animals.
The bulls are no endangered animals. On the contrary: they are bred in prestigious farms, in circumstances the average cow in the bio industry can only dream of. But for the rest I agree. It is an utterly cruel "sport" which should be banned. Luckily Spain is changing and more and more states, provinces and cities have ended thid barbaric practice

Tags
spain, spanish royal family