The Spanish Royals' Response to the Aeroplane Crash in Madrid: August 21, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can barely believe what happened in Spain...What an horror. :ohmy::cry: The only good thing in all this, is that Royal Family is accomplishing its duties, trying to bring some relief to the grief all the families of the victims must be feeling right now. Poor people!

Vanesa.

DonnaK, maybe that was Queen Sofía old style, when she was very young and unexperienced. That´s why I say CP Letizia is still learning. I like her, and do not want it seems I am criticizing her harshly.

The accident of the plane must be hard for her, remembering the death of her sister.

I read the story in an spanish paper and the "tu" thing was said.

Well, Letizia should be there for the people because they died in such a tragic way. Her sister's situation was different. Hopefully, she feels for the people and not only thinks about her sister. This is about other people--about people who have lost loved ones in such a sudden way. We pray for the victims and mostly for their families.

Letizia should stop touching her hair throughout the interview. It's very distracting. Also, I would have liked seeing her in a skirt and more formal just like the Prince.

Well, Letizia should be there for the people because they died in such a tragic way. Her sister's situation was different. Hopefully, she feels for the people and not only thinks about her sister. This is about other people--about people who have lost loved ones in such a sudden way. We pray for the victims and mostly for their families.

Letizia should stop touching her hair throughout the interview. It's very distracting. Also, I would have liked seeing her in a skirt and more formal just like the Prince.
The wind was blowing her hair and she was keeping out of her eyes. And she was dressed just fine. I am sure that she was not thinking about her sister or any other relative at that time. Everyone is praying for the victims families including, I am sure, the entire Royal Family of Spain.

I feel like she retained her composure really well, coming out of an incredibly emotional environment to immediately face the press. I read that some of the survivors are young children, and that had to be hard for the Princes to see as parents of young kids themselves.

I thought she was dressed appropriately - the jacket/pants combo has been a staple of Letizia's public wardrobe since her engagement announcement and even before that. As for the hair, I'm sure she was just trying to get her hair out of her face so she could see and hear the media during the press conference - the wind looked like it was blowing fairly briskly.

Most of all, I was very impressed by Felipe's overall demeanor while being interviewed about such a terrible tragedy. He's really grown into his role since he married Letizia, IMO, and he's seeming more and more like someone who will be a strong and successful king for Spain in the future.

I feel like she retained her composure really well, coming out of an incredibly emotional environment to immediately face the press. I read that some of the survivors are young children, and that had to be hard for the Princes to see as parents of young kids themselves.

I thought she was dressed appropriately - the jacket/pants combo has been a staple of Letizia's public wardrobe since her engagement announcement and even before that. As for the hair, I'm sure she was just trying to get her hair out of her face so she could see and hear the media during the press conference - the wind looked like it was blowing fairly briskly.

Most of all, I was very impressed by Felipe's overall demeanor while being interviewed about such a terrible tragedy. He's really grown into his role since he married Letizia, IMO, and he's seeming more and more like someone who will be a strong and successful king for Spain in the future.

What a wonderful way to state your opinion without being critical of someone else's post. Thank you for such a great way to say what you believe and still remain respectful of my view. Thanks!

What a wonderful way to state your opinion without being critical of someone else's post. Thank you for such a great way to say what you believe and still remain respectful of my view. Thanks!

You're welcome, Roxsteve. :flowers:

This is just incredibly sad. :sad:
For what I understand the airplane took off, but they had problems and landed .. the problem was "fixed" and they took off again and then the airplane crashed is that right?

What a terrible tragedy for Spain!!

It's great to see that in those sad occasions the royal family is still near the spanish people and try to help them as much as they can

This is just incredibly sad. :sad:
For what I understand the airplane took off, but they had problems and landed .. the problem was "fixed" and they took off again and then the airplane crashed is that right?

Yes, that´s right Mari.

Actually there is a serius polemic in spain after the crash.
It seems that the airplane was ready to takeoff but the pilot noticed a red alarm in the control panel and then he decided to retrun to the parking as the plane mecanis could review the problem. Once the problem was repair the pilot takeoff and then the airplane crashed.

Some passengers wont to fly afther the first problem.

Acording to the airline the first problem has nothing to do with the causes of the crash.

Gallery
http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article3716

Last edited:
will the Spanish be holding a large memorial for the dead? Like they did after the Madrid train bombings?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
It seems to me you haven't got a clue of the world,and more specific,this thread.Do you realise what this is about?A nose job,huh?
This thread is about the air disaster,in case you haven't noticed the difference between 153 dead & others severely wounded and a nose.

Lucien, I take it as an offence. I know exactly what's happening in the world. When the moderators created this thread I had already posted my comment in another thread.

We still don´t know.
You´ll see, the majority of the corps are still without indentify, only 49 of 153 are indentify. So the rest of the families are waiting for DNA probes.

It´s has been confirmed now that the Funneral will be on September 1 at 20:00h in Almudena Cathedral.

when Felipe and Letizia spoke to the press what did she say?

ABC/La Familia Real se vuelca con las victimas
Video - Felipe and Letizia at the hospital
ABC

translation of the words of prince Felipe… I hope that it is a correct translation
"Spain is really in mourning and is a very difficult day for all, the people who live they themselves are undergoing much and we want to be here today with them. we have come to visit many of the wounded people who are in different hospitals from Madrid, to speak with their relatives… we we mean to support them our, our hug and to them that they have the confidence who well are taken care of… we have visited the wounded who the doctors let see… some to us of the families are glad so that their relatives are well but others are sad so that their relatives are very serious."

when Felipe and Letizia spoke to the press what did she say?

more or less, the princess says:
Robert, the boy is called Robert and her mother has a great anger so that her daughter has died but she must take care of of the boy who is alive, she is very strong

¡¡ qué pena,qué tristeza,qué dolor!!
REST IN PEACE,DENCANSEN EN PAZ

I agree Lucien but especially this case is major. It's a national catastrophy. I am 100% sure that members of any other royal family would be out and about now if the same happened in their country. The RF who would not go out to comfort and share the grief with their people deserved to be made redundant on the spot.

Unfortunately the British Royals never show face when there is a disaster or tragedy.

Unfortunately the British Royals never show face when there is a disaster or tragedy.

Of course they do and your statement is completely unfounded. In the days of 7/7 most members of the BRF, including HM, had events in relation to the London Bombings. The BRF has a history of showing solidarity with their people, with the monarch couple staying in London during WW II giving only one of many examples.

Another sad day for Spain. Condolences to everyone affected by this severe tragedy.

Stellad

Thank you fanprincipesasturi for your translation of Felipe and Letizia's speech to the press :flowers:

Thank you fanprincipesasturi for your translation of Felipe and Letizia's speech to the press :flowers:
I also thank you for your translation fanprincipesasturi. It certainly shows the kindness of the Royal Family and their compassion. I just watched a news cast on the Spanish TV station and The King and Queen were entering a large building. The King was obvious concerned about the state of the Queen's emotion and kept talking to her quietly as they walked. At one point he even touched her shoulder in support and he had such a loving look on his face. Gave me quite a new impression on their relationship.

This is a tragedy, :(
A realy sad day for Spain

Of course they do and your statement is completely unfounded. In the days of 7/7 most members of the BRF, including HM, had events in relation to the London Bombings. The BRF has a history of showing solidarity with their people, with the monarch couple staying in London during WW II giving only one of many examples.

Did they visit the families of the children killed in Dunblane? No! Did they visit the people who lost everything in the floods in England last year, or in Scotland and Northern Ireland this year? No! Did they Visit the injured of the London bombings or the families of the dead? Again no!
As for them stayng in London during the war, that was nothing but a media lie to make Londoners think that the King and Queen were stading shoulder to shoulder with them. Documents released under the Freedom of Information Act show thay they were only in London during the day and were taken out of the city every evening. When the palace was bombed they were safely out of town but were taken back very early in the morning to make it look as if they had been there when the building was hit.

will the Spanish be holding a large memorial for the dead? Like they did after the Madrid train bombings?

Apparently that is scheduled for next week,allthough I don't know the exact hour yet.

my heartfelt sympathy to the Spanish people, this is so tragic and saddness is felt all over the world. I can't imagine the deep grief and pain all of the families are feeling. I admire and respect the Spanish Royal Family for their words and support. There is nothing they can really say or do to make it better.....just love and comfort and a sharing of tears. God Bless

She was there for the injured people, I guess she probably did't even have the time to think about the death of her sister. She said that she was very touched by the courage of a mother, whose daughter died, son injured, and her determination to recover quickly to take care of her injured boy. Most of the injured ones were very sad since they lost their loved ones. Those victims were simply at the wrong place, it could happen to anyone on a commerical flight. The royal family (maybe except for the King) also take commercial flights for their private outings.
They also went to visit Prince Kardam, who is at the same hospital.
http://international.ibox.bg/news/id_1875206118

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom