The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-31-2018, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
leonor making her first public intervention today reading a section of the spanish constitution - much to the delight of letizia:

La Princesa Leonor se estrena con la lectura del artículo 1 de la Constitución - ELMUNDOTV
Oh my goodness! She did great! Definitely a reading voice like her mother. And mentioning Letizia, she couldn't have looked any more proud of her daughter. Wonderful.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:55 AM
Serene Highness

Leonor is such a star, she did so well. I can't imagine turning 13 and having to speak in front of basically the entire world, but she did fantastic. The pride on Letitia face was priceless.

Not trying to beat an old horse but it really has been bothering me lately how much the King appears to ignore Sofia. I understand Leonor is the Heir and needs his guidance but Sofia seems very uncomfortable and hangs around like the 3rd wheel. I hope in private it is equal and the King only does this because he is helping Leonor prepare for the future. Sofia is such a beautiful girl, just don't want her to start to feel like the "spare".

Old 10-31-2018, 02:20 PM
Administrator

King Juan Carlos and Infanta Elena attended the presentation of the 2020 European championship and 2021 World Cup International Six Metre class in Santiago de Compostela today, October 31.

"She was very nervous, but she has done it divinely", King Juan Carlos said about Leonor's reading today:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

Old 10-31-2018, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
Not trying to beat an old horse but it really has been bothering me lately how much the King appears to ignore Sofia. I understand Leonor is the Heir and needs his guidance but Sofia seems very uncomfortable and hangs around like the 3rd wheel. I hope in private it is equal and the King only does this because he is helping Leonor prepare for the future. Sofia is such a beautiful girl, just don't want her to start to feel like the "spare".

I see it quite the opposite, the family goes out of their way not to make Sofia 3rd wheel, Letizia is very much fussing over her all the time.

I do hope though that in time Sofia will not be present all the time when the focus is clearly on her sister, just tagging along.
It's a matter of fact Leonor is the heiress and Sofia the spare and it will have to be acknowledged in the events they attend.

With time progressing, Sofia needs to be given her own space, apart from King-Queen-Heiress trio or King-Heiress duo, nobody wants another QEII/Princess Margaret scenario.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Princess did very well today,her parents must be so proud.

August 25th, 1270 -Death of King Louis IX of France
Old 10-31-2018, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy

She is a true princess. I love Leonor. She is a star.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I see it quite the opposite, the family goes out of their way not to make Sofia 3rd wheel, Letizia is very much fussing over her all the time.

I do hope though that in time Sofia will not be present all the time when the focus is clearly on her sister, just tagging along.
It's a matter of fact Leonor is the heiress and Sofia the spare and it will have to be acknowledged in the events they attend.

With time progressing, Sofia needs to be given her own space, apart from King-Queen-Heiress trio or King-Heiress duo, nobody wants another QEII/Princess Margaret scenario.
The focus will always be clearly on Leonor at official events, though, (compared to Sofia). The same way that the focus was much more on Felipe compared to his sisters at official events, and at a much earlier age and in a much more formal and obvious way than it is with Leonor and Sofia. I think it’s just more obvious because it’s only the two of them and they’re both girls who are very close in age.

Sofia seems very confident for her age and very comfortable at these public occasions but she also doesn’t seem to be seeking the limelight. I suspect in their private family life she takes a back seat to no one, but she’s old enough to understand that official life is different than private life and so far she seems to be handling that fact of life with a lot of grace!
Old 11-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well spoken young woman. I am sure both parents were very proud
Old 11-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Leonor is a very composed and poised young lady IMO.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Leonor did an excellent job with her speech yesterday. It's nice to hear her speak and it was sweet to see the family's expressions - they all seemed very proud of her.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Her mother will be a great tutor for her in the coming years. I always thought Letizia was the most professional royal on public speeches. Having had a career in Journalism helped greatly on her speech proficiency. Letizia is quite an accomplished speaker and I'm sure she will help Leonor improve her speeches in public.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Juan Carlos with Infanta Cristina are in Abu Dhabi for the Formula 1 and for the "Goodbye" of Fernando Alonso.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsxRz12W0AAtjIe.jpg
https://e00-elmundo.uecdn.es/assets/...1550593485.jpg
https://aws.revistavanityfair.es/pro...323/142208.jpg
https://www.ecestaticos.com/image/cl...sin-titulo.jpg
Old 11-25-2018, 09:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
King Juan Carlos with Infanta Cristina are in Abu Dhabi for the Formula 1 and for the "Goodbye" of Fernando Alonso.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsxRz12W0AAtjIe.jpg
https://aws.revistavanityfair.es/pro...323/142208.jpg
https://www.ecestaticos.com/image/cl...sin-titulo.jpg
Newbie question -- is this a fun, father/daughter trip, or is JC visiting in an official capacity? If it's the latter, I'm surprised that Cristina is there.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossthePond View Post
Newbie question -- is this a fun, father/daughter trip, or is JC visiting in an official capacity? If it's the latter, I'm surprised that Cristina is there.
It's a private trip
Old 11-26-2018, 02:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Kadyrov.html

Saudi Crown Prince mingles with dignitaries at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix as he attempts to brush off Khashoggi scandal on his first trip abroad since the journalist’s grisly murder

Its all about money, as usual.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Kadyrov.html

Saudi Crown Prince mingles with dignitaries at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix as he attempts to brush off Khashoggi scandal on his first trip abroad since the journalist’s grisly murder

Its all about money, as usual.
And what this has to do with the Royal Family of Spain?

JC and Cristina were there because it was the last Grand Prix for Alonso. They are VIP so they were in the VIP area because the Abu Dhabi authorities put them there.
Saudi Crown Prince was put there by Saudi authorities too
so there is a picture of them together, so what are you trying to say or imply? Be specific there, guilt by association? Get a grip
Old 11-27-2018, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Obviously Spanish media see it that way, El Mundo calls it a 'photograph of shame'

https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2018/1...d4d8b462b.html
https://translate.google.nl/translat...html&edit-text=
Old 11-27-2018, 07:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Obviously Spanish media see it that way, El Mundo calls it a 'photograph of shame'

https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2018/1...d4d8b462b.html
https://translate.google.nl/translat...html&edit-text=
It would be interesting to know what the El Mundo reporter would have had Juan Carlos do in that situation. “He shouldn’t have gone into the VIP box” isn’t a realistic solution - Juan Carlos and Cristina are royal guests and Juan Carlos has a long history of attending this particular event and mingling with the other high profile guests. If they’d made a point of avoiding the area where Mohammed was it would have been an obvious and public snub and an embarrassment to the Saudis. That would be unacceptable.

It goes without saying that I consider what the CP, (probably), did to be abhorrent, but it looks like the Saudis are backing him and he’s not going anywhere, for now at least. As long as that’s true, Juan Carlos, as a former head of state and a member of the Spanish royal family, has an obligation to greet him in a correct and dignified manner.

A year or two from now the Crown Prince may be King. And, sad to say, the world will have forgotten about the journalist. But Mohammad will likely NOT have forgotten the meeting and photograph with Juan Carlos and that’s the sort of intangible that could have enormous benefits for Spain, (I’m going to assume people like the El Mundo reporter are not suggesting that Spain should start refusing all that lovely Saudi money). I’ve been clear in previous posts that I’m not a huge fan of Juan carlos in some ways but in this case he did what was best for his country, likely knowing it would come at a personal cost.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:13 AM
Administrator

King Felipe, Queen Letizia, King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia, Infanta Elena and Infanta Pilar attended the National Sports Awards ceremony in Madrid today, January 10:

** Pic ** josepgegundez.photoshelter gallery ** ppe gallery **

** casareal: Entrega de los Premios Nacionales del Deporte **

** hola: Los Reyes, acompañados de don Juan Carlos y doña Sofía, premian el deporte español **

** dailymail: Spain's Queen Letizia is ravishing in red as she meets athletes including footballer Juan Mata ..**
Old 01-10-2019, 09:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spanish Royals Attend 'Premios Nacionales del Deporte 2017'

Spanish Royals Attend 'Premios Nacionales del Deporte 2017' - Zimbio

Tags
current events, duchess of calabria, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, infanta elena, infanta leonor, infanta margarita, infanta pilar, infanta sofia, king felipe, king felipe vi, king juan carlos, princess of asturias, queen letizia, queen sofia, spanish royal family, spanish royal family events