The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 23: October 2012 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not. The other receptions were in july and the girls were on vacation, but they have school tomorrow.

doesnt they have a break tomorow? Carnival is on tuesday but some schools close earlier in the day before, is that a case for Spain?

doesnt they have a break tomorow? Carnival is on tuesday but some schools close earlier in the day before, is that a case for Spain?

In Spain depends on the region, carnival day is not festive in Madrid.

Lots of bows and shaking of hands,I got dizzy at one stage watching the above video clip :D

It still surprises and worries me how frail the King looks lately :ohmy:
He looks too bloated and his health doesn´t seem to improve. I really hope there´s nothing really wrong going on.

It still surprises and worries me how frail the King looks lately :ohmy:
He looks too bloated and his health doesn´t seem to improve. I really hope there´s nothing really wrong going on.

I think he looks better than he did at the Pascua Militar in January where I got a fright at his frailty!

King and Prince of Asturias

Audience to Mr. Ricardo Lagos Escobar, former President of Chile, Mr. Enrique V. Iglesias, Iberoamerican Secretary General and Ms. Patricia Espinosa, former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mexico
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a Sr. Ricardo Lagos Escobar, ex Presidente de la República de Chile, el Sr. Enrique V. Iglesias, Secretario General Iberoamericano y la Sra. Patricia Espinosa Cantellano, ex Secr

Spanish royals face strike over wage cuts - Telegraph

Staff at Spain's royal palaces are to strike for the first time since the nation's transition to democracy in protest at salary cuts and an extentension of the working week by two hours.

Even more trouble for the SRF now, some of its staff are going to strike over pay!

They really are not workers of the Royal House, they are employees of National Heritage, that depends on the vice president. But that headline creates more controversy.

They are in charge of maintenance for the Royal Palaces, buildings which in the past were linked to the Crown and other official buildings. Some work for the Royal House, but most work for the conservation of heritage and tourist visits.

Its strange not seeing the presence of His Majesty the King!

The King is recovering from a surgery on his back.

Thank you,but I wasn't asking a question,I was commenting that it was just strange not seeing the King at an event.being fully aware why he wasn't :flowers:

MADRID, SPAIN - MAY 23: Queen Sofia of Spain (3R) attends the Social Mapfre Foundation Awards which coincides with her daughter Princess Elena of Spain (R) who works for Mapfre Foundation on May 23, 2013 in Madrid, Spain. (Photo by Europa Press/Europa Press via Getty Images)

gettyimages gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom