The Infanta Margarita, the Late Infanta Pilar and Families: June 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the article you posted here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ily-thread-june-2014-a-37040.html#post1866215
Maria Zurita revealed that she couldn't go to the wedding be she was informed of the date at such short notice. She let slip that also her parents and her brother can't attend, her parents had to go to Brussels in connection with the Fundación Duque de Soria. It seems that the wedding was originally planned for spring but was suddenly moved to an earlier date.

Strange, isn't it?

I had hoped we'd see Infantas Margarita or Elena present,but given the sudden move of wedding dates we only saw King Juan Carlos alone for his nephews wedding.

Not surprising. Congrats to the couple! Two new grandkids for Infanta Pilar.

Uh oh...Infanta Pilar is named in the Panama Papers tax scandal released today.

Uh oh...Infanta Pilar is named in the Panama Papers tax scandal released today.

Source? Because a lot of people have offshore accounts, BUT the Panama Papers contain a lot of information on not-so-legal and outright illegal dealings.

This is just what Felipe needs, another relative caught with her hands in the cookie jar

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

This is just what Felipe needs, another relative caught with her hands in the cookie jar

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

This won't affect both Felipe VI because it's a familiar furthest and which does not belong to the Royal family but the family of the King. But this scandal has only just begun and involves people more powerful.

I wonder if it will affect the Infantas role as honorary president of the Nuevo Futuro?

Here's the thing - it's not illegal to have offshore accounts. The problem becomes when you're using it for money laundering or don't pay taxes.

I remember her late husband did business with Baron Heinrich and Tita Thyssen-Cervera.
I King did not like his brother in law seen with them.

Does anyone seriously believe that the fortune that JC amassed for the SRF has grown on trees? Surely Felipe does, for image reasons.

Tax havens: The Spanish and Latino names revealed in the “Panama Papers” leak | In English | EL PAÍS

Duke, your comment made me laugh.......grown on trees.....only someone that really is innocent. Article yesterday stated US politicians and tons of entertainment personnel are sweating bullets as for years they have hidden their fortunes to avoid paying proper taxes. Oh well, should we feel sorry for them? Don't think so.

i'm everyday becoming more and more disappointed in the spanish royal family. their relationship with corruption seems to be an everyday matter. i hope this is properly investigated.

Again, just having holdings in offshore locations is NOT illegal! In fact, in some times of economic downturn, diversifying where you keep your money is prudent because of rampant fluctuations and devaluing of currency. And, in many cases, the people named in this scandal have come forward and said, "yep, we had them, and I can show you my tax returns where the money was reported." Unless it becomes clear that Pilar can't do that, this is a red herring.

The real story is Vladimir Putin, a growing totalitarian whose inner circle has been shuttling billions of dollars across a number of offshore corporations in a number of different places.

Another real story is the Icelandic PM that I won't insult when he's injured by attempting to spell his name. He did something wrong by not disclosing his holdings as required.

I'm also puzzled by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's response questioning the Intl Consortium of Investigative Journalists's integrity. It's kind of "too much protest."

Pilar is peanuts compared to these examples - for now. Unless more comes out.

i'm everyday becoming more and more disappointed in the spanish royal family. their relationship with corruption seems to be an everyday matter. i hope this is properly investigated.

Corruption? The offshore trust of the Infanta Doña Pilar was dissolved because of lack of funds. It was set up more than 40 years ago during the dictatorship of General Franco and with the non-reigning Spanish royal family spreading the risks. The family had experienced an exile in Portugal, Switzerland and Italy and knew all too good what it means to be thrown out of the country and being cut off from financial resources and other properties. It is only wise and understandable that they did so. For an example, the Dutch Princess Christina, sister of former Queen Beatrix, has a trust fund in Guernsey, the Brirish Channel Islands. The Princess lives for more than 25 years in the UK and this route is known by the UK tax agency and simply legal.

Last edited:
While she has provided a plausible explanation, the timing of the dissolution is too suspect for me. I think there was something else going on here. I guess we will have to wait and see.

There is a huge difference in creating a Trust Fund outside of Spain, more than 40 years ago, when the Borbóns were not on the throne of Spain, and in creating a Trust in 2013 or so. This Trust is so old, predating the present State of Spain even, that it definitely was not created to hide huge profits from the internet- or real estate bubble. A Spaniard in Franco-Spain would say: " Euh... internet? Speculating with real estate? Bubbles?" The anciennity of the Trust indeed seems more pointing to the purpose of placing properties out of the hands of Spain. Remember that Queen Sofía's own brother lost his throne after a military coup. And remember that Queen Sofía's own husband was faced with a military coup as well... It could have gone wrong in that sixth year of his reign on the restored throne of Spain. He could have ended in exile again, like his brother-in-law Constantine, fighting for compensation for looted or confiscated properties...

Fernando Gomez-Acebo make the first public appearance in Greece with the pregnant greek partner to the over ceremony of the olympic flame! Also the article say that the couple spend the Easter to the beautiful Meteora!!!!!! (One of my favorite places to my country and soo close to my city!!!)

Νάντια Χαλαμανδάρη: Η πρώτη δημόσια εμφάνιση στην Ελλάδα, με τον πρίγκιπά της! - Tlife.gr

Back
Top Bottom