The Extended Borbon Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
This thread to discuss, share information and pictures of the other members of Borbon dynasty: the Orleans-Borbon family descendants of infanta Luisa (sister of Queen Isabel II) and the Duke of Montpensier and the Borbons decending from Prince Enrique, Duke of Sevilla.

---

Don Andres d'Orléans-Borbón (b. 1976) is engaged to Anne-Laure van Exter. Don Andres is the eldest son of Don Alvaro Jaime d'Orléans-Borbón and Dona Giovanna Fontanetto and a great-grandson of Prince Alfonso of Spain, Duke of Galliera and Princess Beatrice of Great-Britain & Saxe-Coburg

Courtesy Manuel at the Franco Iberian Royals MB.

Last edited:
Alejandra de Borbon married Bosco Ussia in Guadalajara today. Alejandra is the daughter of Alfonso de Borbon and Maria Luisa Yordi y Villacampa. Alfonso's father was the duke of Sevilla and decended from Infante Fransisco de Paula, 14th child of King Carlos IV & Queen Maria Luisa (of the Goya portrait). The grooms father is author Alfonso Ussía and his mother is Pilar Hornedo

The service was held in the Santa Maria 'Concatedral' (in Guadalajara), look here.

An article and picture at this HOLA! page. The dress is said to be vintage Chanel.

--
I suppose Alejandra de Borbon is a rather unique name, which means that she is editor of the magazine Citizen K, look here.

Last edited:
An article and picture at this HOLA! page. The dress is said to be vintage Chanel.

--
Wow! Does anyone else see the resemblance of Alexandra to Madame C. de Paris on her wedding day in Palermo? Same veil, same expression same features.......

Marlene Koenig posted the following on her highly recommendable blog 'royalmusings':

Death of Beatriz de Borbon Campos

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_h0lc1nIHfSk/SOrZLAoJuMI/AAAAAAAAAVc/uDuQixBdUbM/s1600-h/scan0001.jpg
On October 1, 2008, Doña Beatriz de Borbon y Campos died at Madrid. She was 57 years old. She is survived by her second husband, Danish-born Anders Jeffert and two daughters, Christina Venturini de Borbon and Alexandra Jefferts de Borbon. She is also survived by her mother, Doña Maria Dolores Campos y Guerra.

Read the entire article here.

Wouldn't this thread overlap with the Bourbons of France as well as Italy, which we already discuss in their respective country forums here?

No, these are collateral branches of the Spanish branch of the Bourbon family, so hence they are discussed here. Only Luis Alfonso de Borbon is moved to the french forum as he is the legitimist pretender to the French throne. The extended Borbon family that is discusse here is usually added to the SpanishRF genealogy in the Almanach de Gotha, and other genealogy sources.

Doña Leticia of Borbon has died on November 12th at the age of 93.
Leticia Fernanda de Borbón y Bosch-Labrus was the daughter of Don Fernando Sebastián de Borbon duke of Durcal, and María Letitia Bosch-Labrus y Blat

In 1940 she married the Italian aristocrat Paolo Venturi Ginori Lisci marquis of Riparbella, with whom she got a daughter, Gabriele. The couple divorced and in 1958 she married another Italian, Stefano Franceschi (who died in 1981).

Source in Dutch: monarchen.nl

If I am not mistaken, the infanta Isabel was a sister of the late countess of Barcelona, and belonging to the Two-Sicilies branch of the Bourbons.

If I am not mistaken, the infanta Isabel was a sister of the late countess of Barcelona, and belonging to the Two-Sicilies branch of the Bourbons.
She was a halfsister of the Countess out of the first marriage of her father with Maria de las Mercedes, Princess of Asturias the oldest sister of King Alfonso XIII.

:previous:
I think he was him.

^^
With google translator

I suppose that they were not close at all, from what I've read about the family this days is that they were "normal people" who do not mingle with the aristrocracy

^^
With google translaMelibeator

I suppose that they were not close at all, from what I've read about the family this days is that they were "normal people" who do not mingle with the aristrocracy

Thanks Melibea,I often use babel fish or the google translator when I'm stuck.

The reason I found it so strange that there was no one to represnt the Royal Family yet we see photo's of 2-3 members of the Royal Family attending the Funeral of more notable "normal people" :ermm:

^^
Well in most cases those normal people had a friendship with the SRF or they were so important that they deserved that someone from the SRF went to their funerals. But sometimes they don't go, for example when Miguel Delibes died most people expected someone from the SRF but no one went.

Often everything depends of the agenda or of the place where the funeral is celebrated, it is not the same thing that is in Madrid, or that is like in this case in Sevilla. The news of the death was known on Sunday, the funeral was Monday morning. He was a cousin of the King, it would be he who had relation with his cousin, and he cannot travel.

Often everything depends of the agenda or of the place where the funeral is celebrated, it is not the same thing that is in Madrid, or that is like in this case in Sevilla. The news of the death was known on Sunday, the funeral was Monday morning. He was a cousin of the King, it would be he who had relation with his cousin, and he cannot travel.

That's true,but he could have sent his elder sister the Infanta Pilar,we haven't seen much of her of late ;)

Last edited:
The Infanta Pilar and the Infanta Margarita do not have official activity, they have their lives and their activities, and the King cannot have them when he wants.

Neither is known the relation that they had with this relative.

The Infanta Pilar and the Infanta Margarita do not have official activity, they have their lives and their activities, and the King cannot have them when he wants.

Neither is known the relation that they had with this relative.

My comments were in jest & not meant to be taken as literal .

President of Ukraine met Duke of Calabria

President of Ukraine Victor Yanukovych discussed urgent international issues with member of royal family Infante of Spain, Prince of Two Sicilies, Duke of Calabria, cousin of Spanish King Carlos de Bourbon.
According to an UNIAN correspondent, the meeting took place in the Administration of President of Ukraine within the frameworks of the visit of representative of the Spanish royal family to Kyiv.
The President also noted an importance of the visit of King of Spain Juan Carlos I and Prime Minister of Spain Rodriguez Zapatero, which is scheduled for 2011. - UNIAN

A little tribute to the woman who could has been Queen of Spain and France.

María del Carmen Martínez- Bordiú Franco borned in Pardo Palace in winter of 1951. She is daughter of Cristobal Martínez Bordiú and Carmen Franco, and also grandaughter of last Francisco Franco, dictator in Spain from 1939 to 1975. She has got other 6 siblings: Mariola, Merry, Aranxta, Francis, Cristobal and Jaime.

She grew up in Madrid where she had the best education - like for a princess.- between Spain and Switzerland. She was one of the most beutiful ladies of the spanish high society.

In 1970 she started a relashionship with Alfonso of Borbon and Dampierre, prince of France and grandson of King Alfonso XIII. Two years later they got married in the Palace of Pardo. Between the guest were Prince Rainier and Princess Grace of Monaco.

Alfonso and Carmen got two son: Francisco and Luis Alfonso. The older died in a traffic accident in 1986.

In 1980 Carmen left Alfonso and her sons for moving to Paris with antiquer Jean Marie Rossi who was divorced. Alfonso and Carmen divorced in 1984. Jean Marie and Carmen married in secret. They had a girl, Cynthia.

Despite the divorce in the 90s Jean Marie Rossi and Carmen have got a wonderful relashionship. In 1996 Carmen started other relashionship with Roberto Federicci, an italian. They never got moarried and they separated in the early 00s.

Finally, Carmen started an affair with Jose Campos which finished in a great wedding in 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scanned pictures from a american magazine. 1974.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

Magazine cover of Fran´s funeral
Carmen in the hand requested with Alfonso of Borbon
Carmen and Jean Marie Rossi get married
Alfonso and Carmen cover
Carmen days before her wedding
Alfonso and Carmen, wedding rumors
Carmen cover in the middle of 80s
Carmen divorces of Jean Marie

Carmen "BEFORE & AFTHER". Left in 1968 and Right in 2005

Carmen and Jean Marie with Cynthia in Marbella circa 1988.
Carmen and Cynthia a year ago in Majorca.
Carmen´s mother
another picture

Carmen and Alfonso presents their new son, Luis Alfonso in 1978.
Carmen wearing the typical spanish "mantilla" in Los Jeronimos Church circa 1979.
Carmen and Alfonso of Borbon during Francisco Franco funeral in 1975
Carmen and Jean Marie Rossi got married!

Alfonso of Borbon, now he would be 78 years old.
Alfonso and Carmen with her parents- Cristobal Martinez Bordiu and Carmen Franco
She was stunning in that time
Beautiful in red
Fran - their oldest son- who died tragically in a car accident in 1984. another one
Despite a lot of people say, I think she was a great mother.
Happy times 1978
Alfonso and Carmen in a gala in New York 1975
Carmen and her younger son Luis Alfonso in Marbella
Carmen and Luis Alfonso in his wedding with Ms. Margarita Vargas

Carmen and Placido Arago in Mallorca.
http://www.hola.com/famosos/2005/03/16/isabel-preysler/imgs/preysler15a.jpg

Carmen and Isabel Preysler
http://www.hola.com/famosos/2005/03/16/isabel-preysler/imgs/preysler20a.jpg

In a dinner in the same place that night
http://www.hola.com/famosos/2005/03/16/isabel-preysler/imgs/preysler2a.jpg

Magazine cover
http://www.hola.com/famosos/2005/03/16/isabel-preysler/imgs/preysler20a.jpg

Carmen was a beautiful woman but now she seems rather bizarre (plastic surgery?).

Her daughter is an outstanding beauty.

Yes regina, I think she was more beautiful before the surgery, however i admire her hard personality and - in my opinion- she is one of the most atractive woman of Spain or "was".

Carmen was a beautiful woman but now she seems rather bizarre (plastic surgery?).

Her daughter is an outstanding beauty.

I do not think that she had surgery, she just got some weight.

Have a lok to this pictures, she is magbificent. It is when her son got marrried, abt 3 years before/

http://i55.tinypic.com/1q527s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom