Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard in tv that the Princes of Asturias will arrive tonight to Mallorca!!!:D

So...probably we will see them tomorrow and I hope that tomorrow we also see the two little infantas:wub:

(I must say that this information already is confirmed by a journalist of the island):flowers:

Last edited:
mallorcadiario.com

Spectacle and solidarity give themselves the hand in the XVI Cup of the King of Sail

Spectacle, innovations and solidarity. This way one has presented an edition XVI of the Cup of the King of Sail Camper-Audi that will be the most competitive never dress, with the new classes X-35 and GP42 and IMS-670, you try in real time and always spectacular Transpac-52, the Fórmula One of the sea.

The Royal Nautical Club of Palm has opened finally its doors with all facilities for point in order that it begins the dance of bosses, crew members (many of them participants also in the America´s Cup), guests of conceit and, the Royal Family, to whom Cristina Cerdá, first lieutenant of mayor of the Town hall of Palm, has given the warmest welcome.

From July 28 to August 4 the Bay of Palm will live through a new Cup of the King.

I have heard in tv that the Princes of Asturias will arrive tonight to Mallorca!!!:D

So...probably we will see them tomorrow and I hope that tomorrow we also see the two little infantas:wub:

(I must say that this information already is confirmed by a journalist of the island):flowers:

Thank you so much for this incredibly good news Camarina :flowers: I can't wait to see them, I'm so excited. Any idea as to which hour approximately, morning, afternoon, night? I can't wait to see the infantitas :wub:

Ladyblue I'm very excited that you met Queen Sofia. I can imagine it was thrilling for you. The Queen appears to be a genuinely nice lady.

Príncipes de Asturias y sus dos hijas ya están en Palma para pasar vacaciones

Princes of Asturias and their two daughters already are in Palma to pass vacations

The Princes of Asturias, accompanied of their daughters the infantas Leonor and Sofia, begin today their stay in Palma where a few days of rest will pass, they informed to EFE sources of the Royal House.

Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will accompany these days in Marivent's Palace the Kings who are in Palm from the last July 18 combining the agenda of work with the moments dedicated to the sport and to the rest.

Also there came last night the Infanta Cristina and her husband Iñaki Urdangarían with their children to enjoy the sea and the Sun of the Balearics.

EL PRIMER VERANO DE LA INFANTA SOFÍA EN PALMA DE MALLORCA

THE FIRST SUMMER OF THE INFANTA SOFÍA IN PALMA OF MAJORCA

The Princes of Asturias landed yesterday in the Balearic island coinciding with the arrival of the Dukes of Palma

The Princes of Asturias and their two daughters, the infanta Leonor and the infanta Sofía already are enjoying vacations in Palma. Don Felipe and dona Letizia landed together with their little ones yesterday in the evening in the Balearic island where, as they have foreseen, they were passing every August. The princes of Asturias and their two daughters have established themselves in Sound Vent, a former military residence placed inside the same perimeter that Marivent's Palace, the summer residence of the Kings. Also they came last night, coinciding with the Princes, the infanta Cristina and her husband Iñaki Urdangarín, together with their four children, Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicolás, Miguel and Irene. The Dukes of Palm established themselves closely together of the Kings and of the Princes, since they share a building divided in two housings to half a way of Marivent and of So Vent. For their part the infanta Elena and her husband, Jaime de Marichalar will not come to the island up to the next week.

elmundo-eldia.com

Letizia, the girls and the Dukes of Palma with Juan, Pablo, Miguel and Irene are already in Palma! :wub:

Can't wait to see the entire family! Let's don't forget about little Irene who is also a cutie! We'll have so many wonderful pictures of all three little girls.

So the entire family is there?

I haven't read or heard about the Lugos, does anyone know about them?:ermm:

Until Monday do not begin the ditches, so till then the only possibility is that they find them casually.

Probably this year the press has it more complicated, the safety is major, and still there is uncertainty in knowing like it will concern the change of port of the ships Tranpac, where compete in King and the Prince.

So patience.:flowers:

Ohh!! Finally Letizia is there. I was getting the feeling that she wouldnt be going this year...
Would be great to see all the new family pictures with the King & Queen.
Thanks all for the articles & pictures

Kind of OT, but it's been digging at me. Are Mallorca and Majorca different places? Sorry to ask.

Kind of OT, but it's been digging at me. Are Mallorca and Majorca different places? Sorry to ask.

Yes, they are the same place. I don't actually know why some people spell it Majorca, I always just assumed it was the 'tourist' way!

Same thing but different spelling in different languages (Majorca = English, Mallorca = Spanish, or German, btw) :flowers: Sometimes it's a bit confusing because there is another island among the Ballearic Islands, Menorca or Minorca, in English.

26th Copa del Rey Camper Audi

WEB
Website

AGENDA SOCIAL

SUNDAY, 29 JULY

18.00 hours. IMS 570-IRC Skippers meeting at RCNP terraces.
18.45 hours. IMS 670 and X-35 Skippers meeting at RCNP terraces.
19.30 hours. TP52 and GP42 Skippers meeting at RCNP terraces.

MONDAY, 30 JULY.

9.30 hours. Meteo briefing at Sala Magna, Real Club Náutico de Palma.
18.00 hours. Welcome ceremony with afternoon snacks. Ball de bot performance. Cava and wine from Codorniu will be offered. Place: Terrazas del Real Club Náutico de Palma.

TUESDAY, 31 JULY.

9.30 hours. Meteo briefing at Sala Magna,Real Club Náutico de Palma.
17.00 hours. Refreshments and music at the Village tent Lugar.

WEDNESDAY, 1 AUGUST.

9.30 to 11 hours. Thematic breakfast offered by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fishing. "Sobrasada de Mallorca". (Majorcan spicy sausage) Place: Terraces of Real Club Náutico de Palma.
17.00 hours. Refreshments and music.
18.30 hours. Afternoon snacks for all sailors offered by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fishing. "Ensaïmada de Mallorca". (Majorcan cake)
19.00 hours (approximately). Jaume Anglada in concert at the Village tent.
21.00 hours. Media dinner. With the collaboration of Palma City Council. Place: Museu Es Baluard.

THURSDAY, 2 AUGUST.

9.30 to 11 hours. Thematic breakfast offered by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fishing.. "Oli de Mallorca". (Majorcan oil) Place: Terraces of Real Club Náutico de Palma.
17.00 hours. Refreshments and music. Golf afternoon with Brugal rum. "Ron Brugal Moonlight". Place: Tent
21.00 hours. Owners’ dinner (party ´Blanco & Chill Out´). Cava and wine offered by Codorniu. Place: Terraces of Real Club Náutico de Palma.
24.00 hours. Performance DJ Juan Campos.

FRIDAY, 3 AUGUST.
9.30 to 11 hours. Breakfast offered by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fishing. "Queso Mahón Menorca”. (Cheese from Menorca)Place: Terraces of Real Club Náutico de Palma.

SATURDAY, 4 AUGUST

9.30 to 11 hours. Breakfast offered by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fishing. "Ensaïmada de Mallorca". (Majorcan cake) Place: Terraces of Real Club Náutico de Palma.
21.00 hours. Prize giving ceremony. Cava offered by Codorniu. Place: Castillo de Bellver.

This is so weird, I came here this evening to ask the exact same question. Majorca, Mallorca, it's a question that I have wondered about for years but never actually asked. :lol:
Now I know, thanks acdc1.
I look forward to some pictures of the families enjoying their vacations, family holidays and such fun and also memorable. :flowers:

they are the same place. mallorca comes from an abreviation for "palma de mallorca" (palm of mallorca), also sometimes referred to as "palm" - palma in spanish- and majorca is it's english translation... :flowers: so palma de mallorca, mallorca, palma and majorca all refers to the same place, lol. :)

it's great that letizia and the girls are already there! can't wait to see them out and about.

I really hope we'll get to see the girls tommorrow in the harbour and on the boat :wub: Does anyone happen to know who started the family tradition of spending all summer in Mallorca and when that was?

El Rey y el Príncipe participan desde mañana en XXVI Copa del Rey de Vela

The King and the Prince take part from tomorrow in the XXVIth Cup of the King of Sail

The King and the Prince of Asturias have foreseen to take part in the XXVI Cup of the King of Sail, from tomorrow until August 4, is celebrated in waters of the bay of Palma.

Don Juan Carlos will sail to the cane of the 'Bribón', as he did in the middle of July when he took part in the ditch Breitling in Port Portals, in Mallorca.

For his part, Don Felipe will compete, like in previous editions, with the 'CAM' and not with the 'Aifos' of the Navy, sailboat in the one that embarked for the ditch Breitling of ten days ago.

The sailboats in those that the King and the Prince navigate belong to the class TP-52 that, close to the ships GP42, they will realize tomorrow a ditch of training, before the first test of competition that will be Tuesday.

Who was with her? I think I recognized some of her kids, but was Alexia on there too? I saw a lady that could have been her.

I believe that she is a friend of the Infanta Cristina, last year already they passed several days sailing with them in the catamaran

Alexia is in her sixth month of pregnancy and therefore that dark-haired woman can´t be her. I suppose it´s Cristina´s Nanny. Alexia didn´t attend the Mallorca-holidays since about 2003 any more. I´m also quite sure she´ll be happy to be able to stay at home in Lanzarote because of her condition.

Queen Sofía and Princess Letizia, with Leonor and Irene in Mallorca

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20070729/7216c14807e47g.jpg

Nice picture! It's so different from last year, both of them were still babies. Now Leonor is a big sister who has grown into a happy toddler with the most adorable ringlets. Irene is still the baby of the family, but she is a big two-year-old now and has cute blonde curls. She always seems to have that same Suavinex pacifier with her, though!

She always seems to have that same Suavinex pacifier with her, though!

Does an over two year child still have to use a pacifier, at least during the day? She is not a baby anymore but it makes her look like one. It's not good for the teeth either and the later she stops the worse. But Cristina is one of the most experienced royal mothers around, she will know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom