Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Leonor sells, Irene doesn't. I don't think it is because of her "diva" status as some have called her or her outgoing, one-of-a-kind personality or beauty. It is because people are going to buy magazines or pictures that have Leonor in it. It is a novelty. In a few years when her sister is older, then it will be the same thing. Besides, there are more Spanish speaking people who follow the Spanish family. I think Maxima's daughter has a great personality and is also very cute. I just don't see Maxima as stressed about her daughter as Letizia.

Well, WHY does Leonor sell if not because she's an incredibly beautiful child with an outgoing, one-of-a-kind personality? That's the point I made and you tried to rebut. You said it's only because she's the heiress. It's not just because she's the heiress.

Of course part of attention Leonor is getting is because she's the heiress, but that's not the sole reason why she's been monopolizing the spotlight now. Since the time Leonor ran toward photographers with the duck in hand at the hospital, she's been the undisputable star of the SRF. If you look at all the photos those photo agencies shot of the summer vacation, Leonor is in most of them. Even if she's surrounded by her grandparents and parents and relatives, Leonor is the center of the focus. Her grandfather was hardly in the frame at the Club several days ago. She even outshines her very pretty mother who used to be the focus of all cameras.

How many other baby heirs or heiresses have been so dominenting the spotlight? Williams was a very cute baby and toddler. But he didn't dominate the spotlight while he's with his mother or other family members at Leonor's age. I can't think of other royal babies who are as loved by photographers as Leonor is. It's not just because Leonor is an incredibly beautiful child either. A beautiful child sitting quietly warrants a few photos but not to the extent Leonor is getting. Leonor is a very confident child with an oversize curiosity and personality. She is unpredicable. She can flash an angelic smile one minute and be misachievous the next. That's why cameras train on her to capture her every move. Think about photos of her with her shoes off at the feet of the archbishop at Sofi's baptism. Think about the photos of her with her grandmother's sun glasses. Those are the highlight of the events. Photographers would have kicked themselves if they didn't capture those.

I read it somewhere before that a person's personality shows through by the age of 2. I don't know why you think saying Leonor has an oversize personality is such an outragous statement.

I have said before that she is a beautiful and open minded child but I would not go that far to say that you can already see now that she is an oversize personality. Well, after all, she's a 22 month old in nappies. Any other child, and I repeat myself here, would get the same coverage as her and probably behave the same way like her because first she is prepared by her parents for being the center of attention and second what child doesn't like it when Mommy and Daddy are around. The media has full access here, very different to other royal children, eg as William when he was a baby, and they hang around and take their pictures first and foremost because Leonor sells. If she did not sell, her parents would be critizised for it. Leonor still acts freely but only until she understands what the circus is all about. And then, maybe, we'll have a very different situation. No need to create a hype around her as most special child ever around.

As for the "perfectionist" stuff, it seems you believe in everything the tabloids say.

Has it gone so far now that one gets critizised when calling Letizia a perfectionist. That's one of the few things that people widely agree on this forum :rolleyes:

And yes, of course, I believe every word the tabloids say, in my first job I work as a moderator for Aqui Hay Tomate, haven't you seen me there yet :D

but finding fault with the fact that she is an affectionate mother is the height of ridiculous.

I agree with you, I find that very ridiculous it's her daughter we're talking about here!!, plus who wouldn't be all over Leo? She's so cute, I wouldn't stop holding, kissing and hugging her!! :wub:

I have said before that she is a beautiful and open minded child but I would not go that far to say that you can already see now that she is an oversize personality. Well, after all, she's a 22 month old in nappies. Any other child, and I repeat myself here, would get the same coverage as her and probably behave the same way like her because first she is prepared by her parents for being the center of attention and second what child doesn't like it when Mommy and Daddy are around. The media has full access here, very different to other royal children, eg as William when he was a baby, and they hang around and take their pictures first and foremost because Leonor sells. If she did not sell, her parents would be critizised for it. Leonor still acts freely but only until she understands what the circus is all about. And then, maybe, we'll have a very different situation. No need to create a hype around her as most special child ever around.

I disagree, especially the part about "any other child...would get the same coverage as her and probably behave the same way like her".

Christian is about the same age of Leonor. He's the heir. He doesn't behave like Leonor does. He's always frowning and clearly not comfortable with strangers/photographers yet. He's clearly quieter and a lot less outgoing or spontaneous than Leonor is. He doesn't make interesting pictures. He may sell some magazines in Denmark because he's the heir. But I have yet to see photographers as obsessed with him as they're with Leonor.

Irene is close to Leonor's age too. She doesn't behave like Leonor does either. She stays close to her dad in most of recent public appearances such as Sofi's baptism and the other day on the boat. She's a cute baby but how interesting is it for photographers to shoot a 2 year old sitting quietly in her dad's arms with a pacifier? No, she's not the heiress. But if she and Leonor switch the looks and personality, I'm sure she'll get a lot more coverage than she gets now even she's not the heiress.

Every child has different personality - yes, even at 2 - and behaves differently because of it. Leonor's looks and personality make her a god-sent for photographers. Sure, her being the heiress to Spanish throne is the reason why she's newsworthy but it's not the sole reason why she sells magazines. It's like Diana was newswothy first because she's princess of Wales, but it's not the only reason why she sold magazines. Would you say "any other women would get the same coverage as Diana in the position of Princess of Wales"?

Last edited:
I disagree, especially the part about "any other child...would get the same coverage as her and probably behave the same way like her".

Christian is about the same age of Leonor. He's the heir. He doesn't behave like Leonor does. He's always frowning and clearly not comfortable with strangers/photographers yet. He's clearly quieter and a lot less outgoing or spontaneous than Leonor is. He doesn't make interesting pictures. He may sell some magazines in Denmark because he's the heir. But I have yet to see photographers as obsessed with him as they're with Leonor.

Irene is close to Leonor's age too. She doesn't behave like Leonor does either. She stays close to her dad in most of recent public appearances such as Sofi's baptism and the other day on the boat. She's a cute baby but how interesting is it for photographers to shoot a 2 year old sitting quietly in her dad's arms with a pacifier? No, she's not the heiress. But if she and Leonor switch the looks and personality, I'm sure she'll get a lot more coverage than she gets now even she's not the heiress.

Every child has different personality - yes, even at 2 - and behaves differently because of it. Leonor's looks and personality make her a god-sent for photographers. Sure, her being the heiress to Spanish throne is the reason why she's newsworthy but it's not the sole reason why she sells magazines. It's like Diana was newswothy first because she's princess of Wales, but it's not the only reason why she sold magazines.

Being F & L's daughter is the only reason, I am pretty sure about that. Luckily, she is not shy and introvert and grabs granny's glasses so the press is happy and already start using her at the age of two for their money making purposes.

And what a ridiculous comparison with Diana Princess of Wales who was not only photographed because of her title but because of her personality? Well, her title came first and was the basis of all that should come, in this case her personality suited well but no one would have been interested in her if she had not married Prince Charles, believe me.

So let's hope Leonors star quality in terms of media attention is just based on her age, not knowing what is going on, and not on a media oriented personality which would could turn out to be a nightmare for the SRF.

The persons call the attention for being those who are, but also for their charisma, their personality or their beauty.

And with the children the same thing passes, in general there attracts more a nice and expressive child, who does that you laugh.

The best example in the Spanish Royal Family is Froilán. His naughty character and the personality that showed when his sister was born did that the whole press was centring on him.... and had many cousins, and the Urdangarin were very handsome children ... nevertheless he had something. And though this attention him has brought negative things, also it is true that of the children of the Infantas is whom more the people love.

Letizia's dress during the delivery of trophies is great but I hope we can see a full picture of it. Wonder what shoes she's wearing :rolleyes:. So far I love all of Letizia's clothes during her stay at Palma well except for the white capri pants. It doesn't suit her. It makes her much thinner esp. she chose white. I think it would look good on her if she chose another color like the beige capri she wore the other day. ;) Can't wait for the official photoshoot!! As for Letizia's touchy gestures towards her daughter, I think that's just normal. If your daughter is being photographed whenever she's out in public I think it's just right to comfort her but I don't think Leonor needs that. She's comfortable w/ the press.. :lol::lol: That's the reason why she's one of the most photographed child around Europe not to mention she may be the heir to the throne of Spain. She's just funny. Photographers capture those kind of moments wherein they think that it would sell. Royal watchers are curious about what the child of the Asturias couple is doing. If that's going to be the cover of Hola! I'm going to buy it!!! :ROFLMAO:

wow, i didn't think the conversation about letizia and leonor and what a mum she is was going to be so extensive!

i just wanted to say that it's not that irene "doesn't sell". it's the fact that irene's and leonor's birth were quite close in time and therefore irene is "in the shadows" of leonor, which is understandable, as of today, she is going to be queen of spain one day. irene will just be the "niece of the king" when felipe becomes king (just as we treat now the children of infantas margarita and pilar). it's understandable that the hype behind leonor is bigger than irene's, although it's always lovely to see irene and her other adorable brothers. i think they will gain some protagonism when they are older and start to live their own lives rather than those of the royal family.

back to topic, i quite liked letizia's dress yesterday. she looked fresh and ibiza-summery :) although i think there's something wrong with her hair. not sure if the new haircut really suits her...

Los nietos del Rey se hacen a la mar

The grandchildren of the King are done to the sea

The Royal Family, less the little Sofia, met before the beginning of the last ditch. Some were embarked in the sailboats of the competition, others on board of the 'Somni'

Competition to the margin, the Royal Family returned to be the center of all the looks and attentions during the last day of the Cup of the King of Sail. Though the previous day all its members - with the exception of exception of the dukes of Palm and their children, and the small infanta Sofía--already they were left to see together on the wharf of the Swallows, yesterday the emotive scene repeated itself on the high seas, with the family almost to the complete one.

Near the midday, with all the sailboats waiting for the exit in the field of ditches, appearance did the boat Somni. On board there were meeting the Queen, the princess Letizia Leonor, Jaime de Marichalar and his two children, Froilán and Victoria Federica, and the Duke of Palm, Iñaki Urdangarín accompanied by Juan, Pablo, Miguel and Irene.

I don't particulary like the Princes of Asturias for my own reasons but I like Leonor and Sofia a lot maybe because kids are my weakness point :lol:

I would love to see Irene and Leonor together playing but maybe we are expecting a bit too much from these small kids, maybe (if they are allowed to) they'll grow as close as Juan and Froilan or Cristina and Alexia are, who knows:rolleyes:

Letizia and Cristina aren't close, that's a given, for example, when Letizia lifted Irene into the boat she started crying which is most probably because she didn't know Letizia well and got scared; it's not necessarily because they don't like each other, it's more probably related to the fact that they don't have much in common and don't share common interests:cool:

If people say they don't like the Dukes of Palma or they found them bad looking, annoying and whatever else, well, everybody is entitled to an opinion, there isn't a single person in the world who everybody likes so I guess we need to understand that a bit (I was a die-hard kill-all Dukes of Palma fan but I tamed myself a little, it's not like they are paying me for defending them by sword, fire and blood:lol:)

a portuguese magazine NOVA GENTE from this week says that cristina and letizia are now friends again.

I don´t think we should be comparing Irene and Leonor. They´re different from the very first day they were born... When I was little I was always compared to my cousin and made me feel so very bad.
About Letizia and Cristina as moms, they´re completely different too. Cristina has always been in the publci eye and knows what to do, when and where and she´s always seen relaxed. Poor Letizia is always being critiziesed: if she´s a loving mom, she´s obsessive... if she´s seriuos, she should be smiling and so on. Let´s not forget she lost her sister only 6 months ago and had another baby... and she´s not used to being the center of the attention I think... or maybe she wouldn´t want to be the center of the attention sometimes. I think that´s why she´s always so "concentraded" on how Leonor looks like... so she´s not critized. My opinion :flowers:

Every child has different personality - yes, even at 2 - and behaves differently because of it. Leonor's looks and personality make her a god-sent for photographers. Sure, her being the heiress to Spanish throne is the reason why she's newsworthy but it's not the sole reason why she sells magazines. It's like Diana was newswothy first because she's princess of Wales, but it's not the only reason why she sold magazines. Would you say "any other women would get the same coverage as Diana in the position of Princess of Wales"?

Yes, then she must be a 2-year-old diva, and one-of-a-kind child, and better than any two year old in this planet. Whether we like it or not, she gets all that attention because of who she is and who her parents are. Are you sure, photographers would follow her because of her personality and beauty if she was not Leonor de Borbon?

Sincerely is sad to turn a 2-year-old girl into element of polemic.:bang:

Evidently the press follows Leonor de Borbón because she is an Infanta of Spain. But is not a certain minor, that the interest of the press and of the public opinion would be minor enough, if instead of being a pretty and nice girl :wub: whom likes to investigate the world, she was an antipathetic and weeping girl :cry:.

People likes to enjoy the innocence and the sharm of the children ... it is it wonderful of this age.

Gallery 20minutos
Los nietos del rey, a toda vela - 20minutos.es

Goodness gracious, what over-heated emotions! Might I respectfully suggest you all calm down. It's pretty clear that both Letizia and Cristina, as well as Elena, are good mothers; that the children are all well behaved and healthy. Familes always have bigger personalities and quieter personalities--that's normal. Felipe-Froilan was the star of the family for a long time for that very reason--it's nothing unusual or a judgment against his cousins or sister.

Again, might I suggest leaving the circuitous arguing be and enjoy the nice images of the cousins yesterday?!

Gosh, here is Letizia being affectionate to someone else's daughter! Is it too much?

Galerías de imágenes

sorry for the sarcasm--couldn't resist.

Gosh, here is Letizia being affectionate to someone else's daughter! Is it too much?

Galerías de imágenes

sorry for the sarcasm--couldn't resist.

LOL! That was funny:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Honestly, it is evident that Letizia adores her daughters. What is so wrong with that???? I think we should worry if she didn't pay attention to them.

Let's bring to an end the discussion about Princess Letizia, showing affection for her daughters.
Most have already expressed their views, there were many interesting and worthy observetions and opinions, but this thread is hardly the best place for that.

If you want to continue the discussion, the best place for that would be What's your opinion about Felipe & Letizia? thread.
This thread is dedicated to the summer vocations of the Spanish Royal Family in Palma de Mallorca.

Thank you,
Spanish Forums Moderatos

Last edited:
Leonor fashion :lol::lol::lol:

La Razón | Digital : Vivir el día

Leonor makes the sea "look" fashionable

The first-born one of the Princes of Asturias is turning into a small wolf of sea. She likes to sail and, unintentionally, she is making the sea "look" fashionable. The evening that rose on board of the CAM, in arms of Don Felipe, a blue garment was illuminating with a white bow ahead that was combining with the Minorcan tiny sandals that she was wearing. These are the typical footwear of Balearics, so much that the Queen - hers are of blue marine color - one does not take them in the whole summer either.

The Infanta Leonor marks trend and yesterday she returned to embark in the "Somni" to follow closely her father with an own gown to sail along high seas: in this occasion there was going of red (color of the T-shirt of her mother) with the edges of the sleeves, skirt and bow in white. Nevertheless, this time what was leading to game was the hat that was protecting him from the sun.

Ultima Hora Digital. El Discreto...

The Castell de Bellver produces honoring to the champions

The Kings they preside at the act of delivery of trophies of the most prestigious ditch of the Mediterranean after a vibrant day

The court of weapon of the Castell de Bellver dressed of show and was flooded by the elite of the sail in the delivery of trophies of the Cup of the King Camper-Audi who was presided by the Kings and who possessed an extensive representation of the Royal Family. And it is that at the act, besides the king Juan Carlos and the queen Sofía, there were present the Princes of Asturias and the Dukes of Lugo, with their children Felipe Juan Froilán and Victoria Federica in the final tax to the protagonists of the most prestigious ditch of the Mediterranean.

how cute... their faces are so spontaneous. who is the little girl? how come they were both so attentive?

The girl is a daughter of someone of the crewmen of the Siemens, in the morning the Infanta Elena also was playing with her. According to Hola, the girl was greeting her and was calling her, maybe the girl liked because the Princes were doing gestures to her, or simply because she knows that she was the princess, and already we know that it is for a little girl a Princess.:lol:

why do we never see the king talking with letizia? even on holidays they seem so far away frome each other. the queen talks a lot with letizia and they seem close but i'm not sure about leti and the king. the reporter Carmen Rigalt said everyone in spain talks about that but newspapers don't dare to mention it.

i don't think there's a bad relationship with the king and letizia. it's obvious they are not as close as letizia is with the queen, but that doesn't mean it's bad. there can be tons of people in someone's life with whom you have a cordial relationship, but not a terribly close one. in any case, we can't judge anything from the pictures of these kind of public events. they may prefer to behave seriously or to concentrate in the activity and leave the talking for another private moment. we don't see the king talking with felipe that much either in public events.

why do we never see the king talking with letizia? even on holidays they seem so far away frome each other. the queen talks a lot with letizia and they seem close but i'm not sure about leti and the king. the reporter Carmen Rigalt said everyone in spain talks about that but newspapers don't dare to mention it.

There are images of the King speaking with Letizia...
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/759...4AD9FDB9CF19328A71BF6FE301F7D181B7C3F82BEEBF7

... but it is not an innovation that every summer they face the Princess to a member of the family. The topic is to speak about Letizia, imports to nobody the relations that there are between them another members of the family.

Already we have commented that the King seems to be absent in many family acts ... and he will know why ... with the rest of the members of the family he does not speak very much either. Neither to his grandchildren he gives many attention.

It is necessary to speak about something, and this year they cannot say that Leonor is deaf and dumb.... Carmen Rigalt has the habit of adding always to this type of "gossips" of " summer serpents " ... that always end up by fading away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom