Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Sofia, Princess Irene, Elena and Cristina and their grandchildren were, yesterday in Athens in the museum "HELLENIC COSMOS", This is the official website of the museum​

The visit was private, because they will attend the baptism of the grandson of Constantine,
but when the representatives of the museum heard of their presence in the museum ...
the visited was about 12:00pm.
the woman that is next to the Queen is Markos Nomikos´s sister, Markos is married with Victoria of Borbon dos Sicilias.​

Queen Sofia gets olimpic support the candidature of "Madrid 2016". August 3 day Queen Sofia traveled to the city of Olympia hosted the first Olympics .. The Queen asked for support for the candidacy of Madrid, the Mayor of Olympia Georgios Aidonis said that Madrid was a good candidate olimpic ...
The visit was intended to ask to the members of the Commite Olimpic of Greece the candidature of Madrid 2016.
and of the words of the members of Commite the objective has been met, the vote on the nomination will be in Copenhagen in September.

I believe that this act of Queen Sofia in Olympia is very important, because in the last ballot for nomination Olympics was 2004, also Prince Albert had other incident with a member of Greek Olympic Committee.
I think it's important to win support
I think it needs Spain these Olympics, because it involves money and investments, it would be very good for the economy Spanish ...I thought that it was import but...

I hope that it is not true that the baptism is the 6th. I do not deal as the Greek Royal Family chose this date, in the past they were enjoying free vacations in Marivent,and now they programme something when they know that the Spanish family should be in Mallorca...

The Infantas left the Cup of the King and the burden of press and onlookers when they had opportunity, so it is not new. The absence of the Queen is more out-standing, in Mallorca they were hoping that this night she was coming to Plácido Domingo's charitable concert, but it seems to be difficult that it will be like that.

If the news are true, they have not gone to the baptism, that it is one day, have gone on holidays to Greece with the excuse of the baptism. If it was a bad idea with the economic crisis threatening the tourism, it is a terrible idea after what has happened. While they enjoy the Greek peace, which remain in Mallorca have to go out and put good face.

It's unfortunate and I'm surprised that especially Queen Sofia doesn't show more public support for Majorca in this situation. Usually they get the public vibe very well but not this time. The christening might have been planned a long time ago but due to the circumstances Queen Sofia could have cut her stay in Greece short, only focussing on the event on the 6th.

The infantas leaving the island as soon as the Asturias couple arrive, be it because of the media frenzy that is usually surrounding them or for other reasons, is not new but especially after the attack I would have expected more solidarity, in particular from the Queen.

This year the stay seems forced and is more or less reduced to another event on the calendar that requires their presence on the island, it has nothing to do anymore with the unconcern of previous years, and not only because of the events of last week. It seems that all members of the family have their own plans this year and Majorca is only squeezed in because it's too traditional to cancel it. I bet the Asturias couple can't wait to go elsewhere too whilst the King continues his working schedule at Marivent.

It seems that all members of the family have their own plans this year and Majorca is only squeezed in because it's too traditional to cancel it. I bet the Asturias couple can't wait to go elsewhere too whilst the King continues his working schedule at Marivent.

According to press articles, Prince Felipe will leave to Ecuador on the 9th and return on the 11th August.

Really to be in Mallorca is not what one can qualify of vacations. Before the Royal Family was appearing in the Cup of the King, the photographers were doing their work and later they all were relaxing and enjoying of the vacations. Now it has changed, and the press already does not respect it, and is annoying the whole month. The members of the Royal Family are persons who need to disconnect and relax as all, and it is impossible in Mallorca. But evidently also the members of the Royal Family, and in this case the Queen and the Infantas should have chosen better the moment to do their trip.

For the present time, the only sure thing, it is that the Prince on Saturday or Sunday will go to Ecuador and not of vacations .

Infanta Cristina, Iñaki, the children with Kyril of Bulgaria and Rosario Nadal last Saturday in the beach

Los Duques de Palma en Mallorca con Rosario y Kyril de Bulgaria - Noticias Familia Real - Familia Real - Familia Real - Diez Minutos

lovely pictures of them at the beach, its always nice to see them interacting with other royals like Kyril and Rosario and their children. Looks like so much fun they had yesterday. I quite like this and this and this pictures.

Last edited:
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia with their daugthers, Leonor and Sofia, this morning in Palma de Maiorca.

PPE Agency

The Cathedral of Mallorca is a beautiful place to make fotos.
The girls are cute as always. Beautiful family.

What a lovely family!!!!

Letizia looks so happy and gorgeous! and what about these two little girls! they're so cute!

Is it an official photoshoot or a simple walk in family???

It's unfortunate and I'm surprised that especially Queen Sofia doesn't show more public support for Majorca in this situation. Usually they get the public vibe very well but not this time. The christening might have been planned a long time ago but due to the circumstances Queen Sofia could have cut her stay in Greece short, only focussing on the event on the 6th.

The infantas leaving the island as soon as the Asturias couple arrive, be it because of the media frenzy that is usually surrounding them or for other reasons, is not new but especially after the attack I would have expected more solidarity, in particular from the Queen.

This year the stay seems forced and is more or less reduced to another event on the calendar that requires their presence on the island, it has nothing to do anymore with the unconcern of previous years, and not only because of the events of last week. It seems that all members of the family have their own plans this year and Majorca is only squeezed in because it's too traditional to cancel it. I bet the Asturias couple can't wait to go elsewhere too whilst the King continues his working schedule at Marivent.

When has been a terrorist attack in other parts of spain the Royal Family has not suspended the acts and no one has criticized it.The poloticians is of vacations they haven´t suspended their vacations and the journalists do not criticized them. The end of terrorism in Spain depends on the politicians, they make the laws, the King does not make the laws. Journalists criticize it because they want that member of the royal family pose every day for photo

Leonor is definitively a daddy's girl!!

gallery getty
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

lovely location chosen for a long awaited photoshoot. As usual the kids are dressed alike, will it ever stop :rolleyes2:

leonor is now old enough to realize that having to pose for pictures can be an annoying thing. unlike at earlier shoots she comes across as quite shy and reserved, not a natural with cameras anymore. queen sofia's sad or sceptical looks are showing. And yes, Leonor defenitely a daddy's girl!

sofia looks like jesus ortiz, amazing. unlike her sister she seems to have quite some temperament, another second born royal who is likely to give her parents some trouble :)

Love Letizia's shoes and the kid's avarcas.

Thanks for the lovely pics...I also love Letizia's shoes...Sofia seems to smile more....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom