The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-06-2013, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

His Majesty The King will today host an audience to D. Jose Ramon Bauza Diaz, President of the Balearic Islands at the Royal Palace of La Almudaina in Palma de Mallorca.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D. José Ramón Bauzá Díaz, presidente de las Illes Balears

Old 08-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
How is Leonor or Sofia not allowed to be a child ? Because neither one threw a tantrum, started screaming/crying loud at public events ? Some paparazzi pictures did show them nothing different from other kids of their age with happiness, excitement, tears and etc. Royal or not, I think all small kids should have been taught to behave. Kids need love, they also need to learn discipline.
I'm only stating my opinion, no need to agree with me. I don't see anything natural in these family outings, to me it looks completely choreographed and overcontrolled.

I have never seen any royal kid at school age (after pre-school) acting out in public or throwing tantrums, sorry. Most of them look comfortable and natural in public, as if they wouldn't really notice the cameras. Having said that, most other royal kids are more present in public while the Spanish kids are seen maybe three, four times a year. I can understand where they are coming from, with the Dutch, Danes or Norwegians usually receiving a positive press and no vicious gossip, other than in Spain where you have to appear picture-model-perfect in front of the press.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I'm only stating my opinion, no need to agree with me. I don't see anything natural in these family outings, to me it looks completely choreographed and overcontrolled.

I have never seen any royal kid at school age (after pre-school) acting out in public or throwing tantrums, sorry. Most of them look comfortable and natural in public, as if they wouldn't really notice the cameras. Having said that, most other royal kids are more present in public while the Spanish kids are seen maybe three, four times a year. I can understand where they are coming from, with the Dutch, Danes or Norwegians usually receiving a positive press and no vicious gossip, other than in Spain where you have to appear picture-model-perfect in front of the press.
I agree with DOM, the Infantas seem like beautiful dolls with zero personality behind their perfect prettiness. But I the DOM in that the SRF would be criticized if the children were lively, especially in this climate.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

I find it funny to complain that Leonor and Sofia are every parents' dream children: they know how to behave at a public place.
And I think that Felipe and Letizia are doing the right thing to take their children to photoshoot at public places, then they and their children can have everything else as very private. We, at least I don't have to know, how Leonor and Sofia are behaving and playing at the garden of Marivent.
Not allowed to be a child? To be a child also includes that the parents teach their children how they should behave in public.

Bekia has a big gallery from the summer holidays
Las vacaciones en la Familia Real Española en Mallorca 2013 Galería en Bekia
Old 08-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Aristocracy

It's always interesting to see someone keeps complaints and speculate everything even a smile or not smile for not a second enough !! Back to the topic, I could only see a warm family enjoying their summer time and how beautiful appearance the girls are!!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Ok lets all agree to disagree and get back to the topic.

For me it was wonderful to see the Royal Family together,especially all the children as its a rare event of late.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hello

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia of Spain pose for family snaps in Majorca - hellomagazine.com
Old 08-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Crown Princes have no boy , could in Spain their first born daughter be Queen ?
Old 08-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Old 08-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The Crown Princes have no boy , could in Spain their first born daughter be Queen ?
If there is no boy, she can.

If F&L had a boy, then he would be the heir.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 08-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

King

Audience to Mr. Jose Ramon Bauza Diaz, president of the Balearic Islands
Almudaina Royal Palace. Palma de Mallorca

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D. José Ramón Bauzá Díaz, presidente de las Illes Balears

Audience to Ms. Margalida Duran i Cladera, president of the Parliament of the Balearic Islands

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a Dª Margalida Durán i Cladera, presidenta del Parlamento de las Illes Balears

Audience to Mr. Mateo Isern Estela, mayor of Palma de Mallorca

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a D. Mateo Isern Estela, alcalde de Palma de Mallorca

Audience to Ms. María Salom Coll, president of the Consell de Mallorca

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a Dª María Salom Coll, presidenta del Consell de Mallorca

Photos

BelgaPicture - Category details

king-juan-carlos-i-meets-with-balearic-regional-authorities-spain-royalty-1070002 - Foto's, pers en stockbeelden, Videos - Photos de presse, banque d'images et Vidéos : Isopix.be
Old 08-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I find it funny to complain that Leonor and Sofia are every parents' dream children: they know how to behave at a public place.
And I think that Felipe and Letizia are doing the right thing to take their children to photoshoot at public places, then they and their children can have everything else as very private. We, at least I don't have to know, how Leonor and Sofia are behaving and playing at the garden of Marivent.
Not allowed to be a child? To be a child also includes that the parents teach their children how they should behave in public.

Bekia has a big gallery from the summer holidays
Las vacaciones en la Familia Real Española en Mallorca 2013 Galería en Bekia
Thanks, that is exactly what I think.
I´m tired of this discussion over and over again, but no matter how many times people complain, my perception is always the same: for some people it´s just too hard to accept that their very disliked and awful Letizia has get the "every parents´dream children" (using your own words) and the loveliest of the little princesses. I understand it must be hard

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 08-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Royal Highness

I saw the videos, how precious they are!!! I saw them lively inside the mansion, they were talking a lot, asking their parents with lots of questions and they truly love to take pictures with mommy's camera.

It's just that when the photographers and cameras are all around, they behave extremelly well, but when they are alone, they are more relaxed. I was the same, with family and friends I was so lively and mischievous but in public and with strange people I was so timid and quiet, I can totally relate to them.
And I don't think they are that controlled, well to behave properly yes, but other than that I think not, because last year at school's first day the reporters asked them several questions and Letizia and Felipe pressured them to answer, but they didn't want to and they didn't in the end, I remenber Letizia saying a funny remark about her daughters, it was so funny and cute!

People have their own opinion, some agree others disagree, but one thing I'm sure, poor girls will never get rest, if they behave they are robots, if they act lively and mischievous they have a bad behavior because of their parents bad education...
Old 08-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
How is Leonor or Sofia not allowed to be a child ? Because neither one threw a tantrum, started screaming/crying loud at public events ? Some paparazzi pictures did show them nothing different from other kids of their age with happiness, excitement, tears and etc. Royal or not, I think all small kids should have been taught to behave. Kids need love, they also need to learn discipline.
I absolutely agree with you. If a child has not learned the difference between being a boisterous playful kid and an appropriately behaved child at an official event (applies to both royal and regular folks) good luck to the parents when they become teenagers. Responsible parenting includes teaching the child that different environments allows and requires different behavior.

Leonor and Sofia are two lovely girls and certainly no outward indication that they are modeled into mini adults.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Nobility

Interesting to see that Leonor now has pierced ears, but not Sofia. What is the tradition for pierced ears in Spain? I know in some Latin countries, girls' ears are pierced as infants. Perhaps Felipe and Letizia are making them wait until they are a certain age.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Interesting to see that Leonor now has pierced ears, but not Sofia. What is the tradition for pierced ears in Spain? I know in some Latin countries, girls' ears are pierced as infants. Perhaps Felipe and Letizia are making them wait until they are a certain age.
I think most baby girls have their ear pierced soon after their birth.
Some parents wait until the child is older, though.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think that Leonor had earrings for the first time in September 14th 2012 when the school started.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...o00A47Tu_x.jpg
Old 08-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Royal Highness

Lovely to see the girls again. Maybe F&L should do a pose with their daughters in their backyard or somewhere familiar so the girls can be a little bit more relax and it can be enjoyable for them.

While they are very well behaved, they did seem a little stiff and unnatural to me. But they werent robots completely, Letizia at some point had to quickly cover Leanor's mouth and turn her head. you can see it better in the video, where Letizia cover's Leo's mouth and then touches Sofia's face too. Maybe Leo said something to her sister?

http://cdn.glamour.es/uploads/images...5_683x1024.jpg

anyway, they girls are growing up so quickly
Old 08-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Lovely to see the girls again. Maybe F&L should do a pose with their daughters in their backyard or somewhere familiar so the girls can be a little bit more relax and it can be enjoyable for them.

While they are very well behaved, they did seem a little stiff and unnatural to me. But they werent robots completely, Letizia at some point had to quickly cover Leanor's mouth and turn her head. you can see it better in the video, where Letizia cover's Leo's mouth and then touches Sofia's face too. Maybe Leo said something to her sister?

http://cdn.glamour.es/uploads/images...5_683x1024.jpg

anyway, they girls are growing up so quickly
They did a photoshoot for Letizia's 40th birthday at their house I believe and the girls did look relaxed and happy. I think it's right that the girls are a bit wary/shy in front of camera's. It goes to show they are being raised out of the limelight and not in front of camera's.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
They did a photoshoot for Letizia's 40th birthday at their house I believe and the girls did look relaxed and happy. I think it's right that the girls are a bit wary/shy in front of camera's. It goes to show they are being raised out of the limelight and not in front of camera's.

Yes, maybe F&L should do the photo shoots near their home where the girls will be more happy and relaxed.

And while its nice that they are growing up outside the limelight, they wont be able to for long, since Leonor is first in line after her father. she is the heir's heir and will need to get more familiar with the limelight, so she wont be so shocked when the time comes

Tags
infanta cristina, infanta elena, infanta leonor, infanta sofia, king juan carlos, mallorca, palma, prince felipe, princess cristina, princess letizia, queen sofia, spanish royals on holiday, summer holiday