The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-22-2011, 04:48 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 17,068
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2011-2012

The plans of the King are not closed and everything will depend on the recovery of his knee.

The Queen will arrive to Mallorca in the next days, and it is possible that also the Infantas.

The Asturias family will arrive at the end of month because the Prince travels to Peru on July 28.

The Cup of the King will be from August 1st to 6th, and the Prince of Asturias will participate.


The family will have to be in Madrid from August 18 to August 21 for the Pope´s visit.

El Papa marca la agenda real - Diario de Mallorca

Google Traductor
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-22-2011, 05:02 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,870
Las vacaciones ms improvisadas de la Familia Real

Some more information from this article:

- Before the Pope visit, some family members are likely to return to Majorca to do the annual goodbye dinner with island authorities
- Cristina will have to return to the US quite early because of school start in Washington
- Elena will need to prepare Victoria's stay at a boarding school in England, following into her brother's footsteps

As Letizia said last year in public, she doesnt consider the stay in Majorca as "vacation", I guess as usual the Princes will leave to an undisclosed destination most likely after the King's Cup has taken place.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-22-2011, 05:47 AM
Monna's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: -, Czech Republic
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
As Letizia said last year in public, she doesnt consider the stay in Majorca as "vacation", I guess as usual the Princes will leave to an undisclosed destination most likely after the King's Cup has taken place.
And have a real vacation, private family time without paparazzies... good for them!

So Victoria will study in England too? Poor Elena, both kids so far away.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

As Letizia said last year in public, she doesnt consider the stay in Majorca as "vacation", I guess as usual the Princes will leave to an undisclosed destination most likely after the King's Cup has taken place.
Duke - Do we know that it is Letizia alone who feels that Majorca is not a vacation, and not the rest of the RF, mainly the King and Queen, and Prince Felipe?
Yes, Letizia made a comment to this effect during a private conversation which that woman leaked to cause some damage to Letizia. ( As an aside, she had to retract and run away next day. I gather this woman thinks only royalty should marry royalty and was not a fan of Leti. Her name escape me presently.)

But how do we know that Letizia was not echoing a familial sentiment as the King, Queen do escape to other destinations too. So Letizia did not start this trend.

I am sure you did not mean it, but your comment read as passive aggressive put-down of Letizia when none was warranted.

If it was not, my apologies
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkg View Post
Duke - Do we know that it is Letizia alone who feels that Majorca is not a vacation, and not the rest of the RF, mainly the King and Queen, and Prince Felipe?
Yes, Letizia made a comment to this effect during a private conversation which that woman leaked to cause some damage to Letizia.

But how do we know that Letizia was not echoing a familial sentiment as the King, Queen do escape to other destinations too. So Letizia did not start this trend.

I am sure you did not mean it, but your comment read as passive aggressive put-down of Letizia when none was warranted.

If it was not, my apologies
Letizia's statement was quoted in the article I was referring to. I dont think any family member particulary enjoys the Majorca stay & fuss that is going with it but saying so in public is a different matter. I dont think that comments royals make when visiting media outlets and speaking to the employees there can be considered "private" therefore it was an unfortunate event.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-25-2011, 02:04 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 103
My memory is perhaps faulty. But wasn't it some aristocrat who leaked this private conversation to the press, and not a comment that Letizia made to a member of press. I may be wrong. But I do recall a tempest in a teapot when a duchess of something or other, made the comment to the press that Letizia should put up with press intrusion and shutup. The next day she had to retract and leave the island.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-25-2011, 02:35 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkg View Post
My memory is perhaps faulty. But wasn't it some aristocrat who leaked this private conversation to the press, and not a comment that Letizia made to a member of press. I may be wrong. But I do recall a tempest in a teapot when a duchess of something or other, made the comment to the press that Letizia should put up with press intrusion and shutup. The next day she had to retract and leave the island.
Doa Letizia: Esto son vacaciones privadas? - ABC.es
"Hoy a las infantas les toca abuela" | Yo Dona

I think it was a comment to a journalist, something that cannot considered "private".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-25-2011, 06:23 AM
Carminha Stalker's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,710
The translation to this phrase of Princess Letizia: "Are these private vacations ?"when she was asked a question by the press.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-25-2011, 06:51 AM
Burzg's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ---, United States
Posts: 3,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Doa Letizia: Esto son vacaciones privadas? - ABC.es
"Hoy a las infantas les toca abuela" | Yo Dona

I think it was a comment to a journalist, something that cannot considered "private".
very nice t-shirt have nice draw on sholder
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia's statement was quoted in the article I was referring to. I dont think any family member particulary enjoys the Majorca stay & fuss that is going with it but saying so in public is a different matter. I dont think that comments royals make when visiting media outlets and speaking to the employees there can be considered "private" therefore it was an unfortunate event.

Not sure whether I would enjoy Majorca as "private holidays" if you have 100 photographers around you every day, watching every step and commenting every face expression. Being present so much on the "silver tablet" day and night .... So it is a kind of "no holidays", Letizia is right...

I think, thy are making it right, staying in Majorca for some days, posing for the photographers, presenting the infantas and then flying out to a unknown destination to have their peace and real relaxiation.

BYe Bine
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: skokie, United States
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Not sure whether I would enjoy Majorca as "private holidays" if you have 100 photographers around you every day, watching every step and commenting every face expression. Being present so much on the "silver tablet" day and night .... So it is a kind of "no holidays", Letizia is right...

I think, thy are making it right, staying in Majorca for some days, posing for the photographers, presenting the infantas and then flying out to a unknown destination to have their peace and real relaxiation.

BYe Bine
absolutely!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 17,068
Infanta Elena and her children arrived to Mallorca. Froilan and Victoria attend sailing school.

La Reina acompaña a sus nietos a Calanova » Quiosco Rosa » Vips » Ultima Hora

Froilán y Victoria estrenan el verano - Diario de Mallorca

Froilán y Victoria estrenan el verano. diariodemallorca.es _generico_
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Carminha Stalker's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,710
How great to see Infanta Elena and her children in Mallorca. I hope soon we´ll see Infanta Cristina and her brood.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-26-2011, 06:57 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 9,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
How great to see Infanta Elena and her children in Mallorca. I hope soon we´ll see Infanta Cristina and her brood.
Their children all look so happy together,pity they all live so far apart.Hope they all have a wonderful holiday & reunion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-26-2011, 07:18 AM
ladejesus's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Here and There, United States
Posts: 691
Thanks lula! It's great to see Froilan and Victoria. I can't wait to see the rest of the SRF kids!

Here's an Hola! article: http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...lena-mallorca/
__________________
"¡Yo soy española al cien por cien! (I am 100% Spanish!)" -S.M. la Reina Doña Sofía
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Carminha Stalker's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,710
Yes, AN ARDI, those cousins together, are a joy to watch!I hope we´ll be lucky to see lots of photos of them this summer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-26-2011, 02:36 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 9,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
Yes, AN ARDI, those cousins together, are a joy to watch!I hope we´ll be lucky to see lots of photos of them this summer.
That would be great,always nice to see the Infantas & their families.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Carminha Stalker's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,710
Please forgive me AN ARD RI for spelling your name wrong.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:49 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 17,068
Froilán and Victoria sailing

Froilán quiere ser marinero | Divinity#
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2008 Ccile Royal Family of Spain 492 09-06-2008 08:26 AM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2007 lula Royal Family of Spain 1381 09-06-2007 06:35 AM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2006 Elsa M. Royal Family of Spain 1145 09-01-2006 03:21 PM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2005 lula Royal Family of Spain 835 09-21-2005 06:05 AM
Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2003-2004 Tina Royal Family of Spain 76 08-17-2004 12:20 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]