The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Oh, how difficult is is to be royal!!! If your kids actually behave themselves in front of tens of camera people and blinding flashes, they are deemed to be remote controlled, if they do not you are a bad mother/father!

Can't we be just glad to get these lovely snapshots of the Asturias?

Old 08-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

^i totally agree with you!

i love the girls and i hope we get to see them at least one more time during summe^^

Old 08-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I would have to agree with well-behaved. Just because they aren't running free in public doesn't mean they are remote controlled. It's actually refreshing to see.
I agree with you princess gertrude.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Felipe and Letizia have decided that they are not doing these photo sessions at a private place. It's their decision and I respect that. They want to keep a big part of their children's life as private, which belongs only to them, not to every people in the world. Since photoshoots are done in public places, where is a lot of other people, it would be a serious security issue if Leonor and Sofia would be running around.
I agree. To be honest I've noticed that all of the Spanish royal grandchildren act the same way during the photo shoots. They gather and smile then go off and have some fun. From what I recall it was at Felipe and Letizia's wedding where one grandchild was spontaneous and caught on film.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I agree. To be honest I've noticed that all of the Spanish royal grandchildren act the same way during the photo shoots. They gather and smile then go off and have some fun. From what I recall it was at Felipe and Letizia's wedding where one grandchild was spontaneous and caught on film.
Those are the best moments, when royal children behave like children!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its not private, but an official event listed on casareal website as activity. Of course they are friendly, this family needs as much positive press as possible. Its a calculated step in front of the cameras, nothing more.

I wonder how these girls are in private, when out and about they are always seized by their parents, never run free, almost like remote-controlled. Leonor seems very emotionless to me, eager to please while Sofia shows (within the little freedom she has) some temperament.

I guess the sisters are very different types.
We really don't see these little girls much, so I wonder if it's more that they aren't as used to the cameras as some of the other royal children are. We see the Danish kids a lot ( and I love it ) and they appear quite comfortable in front of the cameras. Leonor and Sofia, not so much. Sofia does appear to be the more outgoing of the two. She's such a cutie!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Aristocracy

I'm glad I'm not a member of the SRF lately playing out that "one big happy family routine" for the press this year. I'll bet you can cut the tension with a knife behind the scenes.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Nobility

Beautiful Photos of a beautiful family! I hope they enjoy their vacation. These royals do work hard!

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 08-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peach View Post
I'm glad I'm not a member of the SRF lately playing out that "one big happy family routine" for the press this year. I'll bet you can cut the tension with a knife behind the scenes.
I was thinking the same. I don't envy anyone in the SRF right now.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Remote-controlled? How about well-behaved! They seem like lovely kids.
I agree. Well-behaved children know the difference between play time and "on best behavior" time. Kids being un-controlled is a parent issue, not a kid issue.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Leonor has known how to 'behave' in the public since very small. The way she moves, smiles, waves is exactly like her grandma Sofia, she is already a little queen , I remember articles said that even Felipe was very surprised Leonor had always been so calm without fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
I agree with you DUKE of MARMELADE. Those are gorgeous children, but compared to other royals (even the Queen´s young grandchildren) whenever they appear they seem remote controlled. There is very little spontaineity in their little faces. Sofia is of the two the more spontaneous (again within her limitations). I´d like to see them as we see the Norwegians, the Belgians, the Danish, running around and even sometimes mischevous. After all they are children.
Infantas' children had rarely looked comfortable in the family photo sessions, much less than Leonor IMO. They were at the public places with dozens of photographers and crowds, what should they do ? Running around, riding bikes in the crowd or throwing the balls ?
Old 08-08-2012, 03:46 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Leonor has been trained very well, she has the talent to be as good an actress as her grandmother Sofia. She seems to be very controlled and can do both coldness and warmth, just like grandma. Not a bad feature for a future queen. Sofia jr. seems to be far more emotional and if one of those sisters is in danger of going off the rails at some point, my guess is that it will be Sofia jr., she's got some temperament and I would expect her to revolt against the system, while Leonor will be the one to save face at all cost, a la Sofia sr.

What I meant with remote-controlled is that these girls are completely trained to act in public. They are always firmly controlled by their parents, always grabbing them by their hands, never giving them some space to show some individuality (probably because it would be critizised the next day).

The other RFs do similar shots to play happy family for image reasons, but they do it in a far more relaxed way, giving the kids some space (danish, dutch). Amalia & Christian are the same age as Leonor and we see them in far more "normal" situations and far more relaxed with the media, being allowed to present themselves as the individuals they are. In that respect, I find the Spanish Infantas just bland because in public they are just acting out as told by their parents.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

DIVINITY | Divinity - Las divi-vacaciones de los Príncipes de Asturias y las infantas Leonor y Sofía - Ver imágenes
Old 08-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Royal Highness

Once again I agree with you, Duke of Marmelade. The Infantas are lovely well-behaved girls. What I think is lacking is exactly to see them more relaxed, more natural and that doesn´t mean they have to be "naughty" or badly behaved.
The Infantas children might not have loved to be photographed, but we´ve been able to see them having fun at the beach, interplaying with their parents and grandparents.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Oh, how difficult is is to be royal!!! If your kids actually behave themselves in front of tens of camera people and blinding flashes, they are deemed to be remote controlled, if they do not you are a bad mother/father!

Can't we be just glad to get these lovely snapshots of the Asturias?
Agree with you,we don't see the little Infantas that often and this was indeed a nice treat.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Tonight is the farewell dinner with the balearic authorities.

Article with timeline of 2012 who was in the island when.
http://www.vanitatis.com/casas-reale...del-rey-20054/

Gallery Farewell Dinners and changing participants 2011-2007
Las cinco ltimas cenas de la Familia Real en el Palacio de la Almudaina

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/b71e415b.jpg

2005 - Letizia pregnant with Leonor
http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&d=1125405363

I never thought I'd say this but I am looking forward to a pyjama outfit of Queen Sofia, I miss those crazy outfits!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Leonor has been trained very well, she has the talent to be as good an actress as her grandmother Sofia. She seems to be very controlled and can do both coldness and warmth, just like grandma. Not a bad feature for a future queen. Sofia jr. seems to be far more emotional and if one of those sisters is in danger of going off the rails at some point, my guess is that it will be Sofia jr., she's got some temperament and I would expect her to revolt against the system, while Leonor will be the one to save face at all cost, a la Sofia sr.

What I meant with remote-controlled is that these girls are completely trained to act in public. They are always firmly controlled by their parents, always grabbing them by their hands, never giving them some space to show some individuality (probably because it would be critizised the next day).

The other RFs do similar shots to play happy family for image reasons, but they do it in a far more relaxed way, giving the kids some space (danish, dutch). Amalia & Christian are the same age as Leonor and we see them in far more "normal" situations and far more relaxed with the media, being allowed to present themselves as the individuals they are. In that respect, I find the Spanish Infantas just bland because in public they are just acting out as told by their parents.
I tend to blame it on the relentless Spanish press. Look at how their mother is treated by that press, and for what exactly? Letizia has also been on both sides of that press, so she knows it only too well. I also think she knows that females are given a harder time by press and public. I wonder if they would feel the need to be so protective of sons from this very same press - I guess we will never know.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

En voiture! - Felipe et Letizia. Vacances en famille - ParisMatch.com
The girls at the train
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080...44430177708917
Old 08-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I never thought I'd say this but I am looking forward to a pyjama outfit of Queen Sofia, I miss those crazy outfits!!!
I can't say I'm looking forward to them, but it does amuse me. Queen Sofia is usually so tastefully dressed that I'm always amazed when she wears her flowered pajama outfits. It make me wonder if this is her REAL taste in clothing, while her official clothes are picked out by her clothing designer or personal dresser. Perhaps it is an island thing, like those Mallorca shoes they wear when they visit.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Tonight is the farewell dinner with the balearic authorities.

Hope Her Majesty doesn't disappoint you