Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2011-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this is the most beautiful photoshot they had done so far. I love the photo with the sunset behind.

oh my, those sunset pics are breathtaking! indeed the most grogeous photoshoot, but also the longest!
i really want HQ, cant wait!

Beautiful photos of the Infnatitas with their parents.
But how I miss those old summers, with all the grandchildren, Queen Sofia and her daughters and sons in law, the Princess of Jordan with her twin daughters.

Primeras fotografías de las vacaciones de verano de los Príncipes de Asturias
According to Hola, Felipe and Letizia were very friendly at all times with the citizens and tourists who recognized them and greeted them warmly.

Its not private, but an official event listed on casareal website as activity. Of course they are friendly, this family needs as much positive press as possible. Its a calculated step in front of the cameras, nothing more.

I wonder how these girls are in private, when out and about they are always seized by their parents, never run free, almost like remote-controlled. Leonor seems very emotionless to me, eager to please while Sofia shows (within the little freedom she has) some temperament.

I guess the sisters are very different types.

It's nice that the family did their photo opt in a way that highlights Mallorca's tourist attractions. Officials have been disappointed that the royal family does not bring attention to the island in the way they once did.

I wonder how these girls are in private, when out and about they are always seized by their parents, never run free, almost like remote-controlled. Leonor seems very emotionless to me...

Remote-controlled? How about well-behaved! They seem like lovely kids.

:previous: Totally agree, Lindy. :flowers:

BTW, the Princes were seen going out last weekend. They were at a disco club. Some people that were there too commented it on Twitter. I´ll try to leave here some of the comments I´ve found, they´re quite hard to translate, but it seems that they were dancing quite "passionately", according to the comments :whistling::whistling::whistling::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

EDIT: OK, I´m going to post the original comments, since they are quite worthy, and then my very own translation, what means that doesn´t have to be very accurate:

San ‏@San_108
Noche increible en Palma=)Fiesta con los principes,rechazando copas d l familia d Leticia,entradas y bebida gratis.@Miriam22mmm @ZulemaLaso

"Incredible night out in Palma =) Party with the Princes, refusing drinks from Letizia´s family :)huh: :confused: don´t know what this is supposed to mean...:whistling:), free tickets and drinks."

Zulema Laso ‏@ZulemaLaso
ver al principe arrimando cebolleta con Leticia no tiene precio xDDD

"Seeing the Prince "pulling up himself" to Letizia is priceless xDDD"
(here is where I had troubles doing my translation, literally it says that the Prince wasn´t "pulling up himself" to Letizia, but "pulling up a certain part of himself" to her...you know what I mean, in any case :D)

Last edited:
I would have to agree with well-behaved. Just because they aren't running free in public doesn't mean they are remote controlled. It's actually refreshing to see.

I agree with you DUKE of MARMELADE. Those are gorgeous children, but compared to other royals (even the Queen´s young grandchildren) whenever they appear they seem remote controlled. There is very little spontaineity in their little faces. Sofia is of the two the more spontaneous (again within her limitations). I´d like to see them as we see the Norwegians, the Belgians, the Danish, running around and even sometimes mischevous. After all they are children.

Felipe and Letizia have decided that they are not doing these photo sessions at a private place. It's their decision and I respect that. They want to keep a big part of their children's life as private, which belongs only to them, not to every people in the world. Since photoshoots are done in public places, where is a lot of other people, it would be a serious security issue if Leonor and Sofia would be running around.

They are simply beautiful!!! Beautiful setting this year, love the sunset behind them. I am just thankful we get as much as we do, the little Princess are breathtaking!!

Oh, how difficult is is to be royal!!! If your kids actually behave themselves in front of tens of camera people and blinding flashes, they are deemed to be remote controlled, if they do not you are a bad mother/father!

Can't we be just glad to get these lovely snapshots of the Asturias?

^i totally agree with you!

i love the girls and i hope we get to see them at least one more time during summe^^

Felipe and Letizia have decided that they are not doing these photo sessions at a private place. It's their decision and I respect that. They want to keep a big part of their children's life as private, which belongs only to them, not to every people in the world. Since photoshoots are done in public places, where is a lot of other people, it would be a serious security issue if Leonor and Sofia would be running around.
I agree. To be honest I've noticed that all of the Spanish royal grandchildren act the same way during the photo shoots. They gather and smile then go off and have some fun. From what I recall it was at Felipe and Letizia's wedding where one grandchild was spontaneous ;) and caught on film.

I agree. To be honest I've noticed that all of the Spanish royal grandchildren act the same way during the photo shoots. They gather and smile then go off and have some fun. From what I recall it was at Felipe and Letizia's wedding where one grandchild was spontaneous ;) and caught on film.

Those are the best moments, when royal children behave like children!

Its not private, but an official event listed on casareal website as activity. Of course they are friendly, this family needs as much positive press as possible. Its a calculated step in front of the cameras, nothing more.

I wonder how these girls are in private, when out and about they are always seized by their parents, never run free, almost like remote-controlled. Leonor seems very emotionless to me, eager to please while Sofia shows (within the little freedom she has) some temperament.

I guess the sisters are very different types.

We really don't see these little girls much, so I wonder if it's more that they aren't as used to the cameras as some of the other royal children are. We see the Danish kids a lot ( and I love it :)) and they appear quite comfortable in front of the cameras. Leonor and Sofia, not so much. Sofia does appear to be the more outgoing of the two. She's such a cutie!

Last edited:
I'm glad I'm not a member of the SRF lately playing out that "one big happy family routine" for the press this year. I'll bet you can cut the tension with a knife behind the scenes.

Beautiful Photos of a beautiful family! I hope they enjoy their vacation. These royals do work hard!

I'm glad I'm not a member of the SRF lately playing out that "one big happy family routine" for the press this year. I'll bet you can cut the tension with a knife behind the scenes.

I was thinking the same. I don't envy anyone in the SRF right now. :sad:

I agree. Well-behaved children know the difference between play time and "on best behavior" time. Kids being un-controlled is a parent issue, not a kid issue.

Back
Top Bottom