The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
I guess Felipe and Letizia are not in Palma anymore! they'll be back at the end of august, right?
Felipe was in Ecuador.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Royal Highness

Felipe de Marichalar y Juan, Pablo y Miguel Urdangarín: los 'reyes' del mar (Hola)

Old 08-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Felipe was in Ecuador.
Yes I know but I was wondering if he came back at Palma or if they met in another place for private holidays because they are used to have private holidays as well and come back at palma at the end of august.

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 08-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

i read that felipe and letizia may also go to other spanish towns for the summer holidays, so they may be elsewhere enjoying some private time. they also mentioned how they might visit asturias to see letizia's family, but those may be rumours.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video

Los nietos de los Reyes hacen 'wake'.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Infanta Cristina at the concert of Leonord Cohen:
Vanitatis
Old 08-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Infanta Elena and Iñaki in the concert

http://fotos.diariodemallorca.es/fot...522_1_27_1.jpg
Old 08-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

La fila 5 de Leonard Cohen - Actual - Diario de Mallorca
Infantas Elena, Cristina and Iñaki arrived together at the concert, accompanied by Kyril and Rosario Nadal of Bulgaria. The Dukes of Palma drew attention because of their disparate attire: he, as if coming right from kite-surfing, while she was impecably elegant.
Not all of them satayed at the concert for three hours. The Duchess of Lugo went home during the time-out break.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The boys seem really good at the water skiing, I wonder if they practice some other time than the summer holiday.
It seems the Cp family have been keeping out of the spotlight for a few days, I wonder if what Carlota read about them visiting other parts of Spain is from reliable sources. It would be interesting to see where they decided to go.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hola! - Álbum del verano de las infantas Leonor y Sofía

Vosotros a Washington... Nosotros a Miami - Actual - Diario de Mallorca
Does this article say that Felipe, Letizia and the girls went to Miami and Jamaica?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:34 AM
Serene Highness

Yes this article says that the crown prince family are not in the asturias like many has thought they were but they are spending holidays in Miami and Jamaica.

It also says that Cristina and her family will definitively move to Washington on the 20th of august.

But of course those information are only rumours because we don't have proof that Felipe and Letizia are in Jamaica or Miami. The only thing that is certain is that they're not in Palma.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

If the news is true, very likely Felipe didn't return to Spain after the Ecuador trip, instead he met Letizia and the girls in Miami, then went to Jamaica.
When Felipe was single, he usually travelled abroad with his friends after the King's cup, so it's very likely the Asturias are not in Spain now.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

La princesa Letizia se interesa por los diseños de Higinio Mateu - Comunitat Valenciana - Levante-EMV
Princess Letizia met designer Higinio Mateu and his partner at the delivery of the trophies of the Copa del Rey. Letizia was interested in their work and asked where their workshop was.

Some at least for me unseen photos from the delivery of Copa del Rey from Bruno Press here
Foro Hispanico de Opiniones sobre la Realeza: Fotos de la entrega de trofeos de la Copa del Rey de vela

There´s something in this video about the Kings and the Princes with the Infantitas on Fortuna
Paseo 'real' en el 'Fortuna'. diariovasco.com
Old 08-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

So they are still in Palma according to the last video you have posted! But I guess with the terrorists attacks that happened on the island, security and especially for the royals must have been stronger so it might be hard for photographers to be able to follow the family...

Anyway, hope to see some pics!!

Old 08-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Aristocracy

Two hours ago I came back from Mallorca and I have to say that it was a wonderfoul week!!!! I arrived last Saturday at Mallorca, where I stayed at Paguera, not far away from Palma. On Sunday the second terrorist attacts took place. On Monday the weather was not so good... so we decided to go to Palma for a little shopping tour. And than the biggest suprise ever... as we walked down the street Jaume III I saw some photographers infront of a shop. A few minutes later Sofia, Cristina and Elena came out of the shop. It was so great. They get a lot of applause from the passerbies. It was a great sign to show what they think about the attacts. And a very touchable moment: At Palma the three Ladies met the mother of Diego Salva, one of the policeman who died in Palmanova. Sofia offers her condolence and spoke with her. Around them it was completle silent.

On Tuesday we make a little tour around the island. I get the change to take pictures of the Marivent Palace. I will upload them as soon as possible. It was great to see that the Royal Family didn´t barricade themselves. There were some policeman around the palace, but not more.

I also bought the spanish magazine SEMANA. There are a lot of beautiful pictures of Leonor, Sofia and the other grandchildren. A really love one picuter. It shows little Victoria with a pink T-Shirt. At the T-shirt you can read "My grandmother loves me very much and got me this shirt from Greece".

Now i hope to see a lot of more pictures from the royal summer holiday. Hope to see some of Juan Carlos and Sofia together.

And at least I have to say that Queen Sofia looks much better in real then I ever thought.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks biathlon 22 for all the news. It must have been great to have seen the Queeen and the two Infantas and I applaud their attitude despite the terrorist attacks.
Unfortunately we don´t get Semana here in Brasil. My mouth watered wanting to see those pictures.
It´s not surprising what you say about Sofia. She is not as delicately sketched as Leonora, but I´m sure she´ll be a very pretty girl with a great personality.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

a worth reading article, talks abot the queen and her daughters and the Cp couple.

Quote:
Spanish Royal family defy Eta with their annual holiday to Mallorca

QUEEN SOFIA of Spain was shopping in Mallorca last week with her two daughters when she spotted Montse Lezaun, the mother of one of two policemen killed in a car bomb by Eta, the Basque separatist group, only a few days before... - Full Article
Old 08-16-2009, 02:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Premi Agre, premi Dolç - Actual - Diario de Mallorca
Infanta Elena and her children eft Mallorca yesterday.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
a worth reading article, talks abot the queen and her daughters and the Cp couple.
I heard that the spanish press has been comparing Queen Sofia's style of comforting the victims of latest terrorist attack with Letizia and Letizia was found wanting. This is after Queen met the mother of one of the victims when she and the Infantas went out shopping.

Could someone please give the details please! Why was Letizia found wanting?
Old 08-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkg View Post
I heard that the spanish press has been comparing Queen Sofia's style of comforting the victims of latest terrorist attack with Letizia and Letizia was found wanting. This is after Queen met the mother of one of the victims when she and the Infantas went out shopping.

Could someone please give the details please! Why was Letizia found wanting?
What do you mean by found wanting?