The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princes of Asturias, Queen Sofia and the girls last week in the yacht Fortuna. The photos have a terrible qualit, but the Princess Letizia is in bikini and the photographers conform to it.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2sajwv5.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/30bi42a.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/25uhdtj.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/2zr2vjo.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2wrneom.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2rnc7xc.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/214lt1.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/s2zgip.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/20u7534.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2uq2dnb.jpg

Old 08-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Sofia at Auditorium of Palma with her grandchildren Victoria Federica and Froilan, and Princess Alia of Jordan

BelgaPicture - Category details
BelgaPicture - Category details

Old 08-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Courtier

It seems like the Infantas waited for Letizia to leave the island to get there. They seem so relaxed and happy. Cristina is a pleasure to see with her kids. She is so natural and down to earth. Enjoying life! I have a feeling that by the time Letizia comes back with her daughters none of the Infantas will be there. Just a feeling.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to some spanish papers, Queen Sofia, Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urgangarin will go to Beijing on Saturday, to represent the Spanish Royal Family. So it seems that Letizia, Felipe and Cristina´s family will not meet in the next few days, because Felipe is going to Paraguay and Dominican Republic for a many days trip.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
It seems like the Infantas waited for Letizia to leave the island to get there. They seem so relaxed and happy. Cristina is a pleasure to see with her kids. She is so natural and down to earth. Enjoying life! I have a feeling that by the time Letizia comes back with her daughters none of the Infantas will be there. Just a feeling.

Roxsteve,I'm sorry to tell you that the whole family will be in Mallorca at the end of August. Both,Urdangarín family as the Prince of Asturias have not coincided in early holiday but will do so at the end of the summer.
If anyone should feel that alibi it is Letizia, the "bad gestures" on Cristina face dislike even to me.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that the Infantas are very clever, and the arrival of the princess Letizia and her daughters has liberated them. For years the ditches were a commitment and an obligation for the whole family, and they all were coming, it was the price that it was necessary to pay for enjoying Marivent. With the arrival of the Princess, and after the Infantas Leonor and Sofia, the attention was started centring on them, and what the Infantas and their families were doing or not it was not important. If the Princes do not go to the ditches it is a scandal and a tragedy, if the Infantas Elena and Cristina don´t go, it does not pass anything.

Now the Princes and their daughters support the heaviness of two weeks of ditches, permanently observed and chased, and the Infantas Elena and Cristina come to the island when everything is calmer and only they remain a few paparazzi who are not a nuisance very much.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I can't recall they or she ever went to Asturias during the summer holidays? My guess would be that they will go somewhere unknown to the media when the Prince is back from his southamerica events to spend at least a week in total privacy.
here are some times during previous holidays when they have left Palma and visited her family

Prince Felipe and Doña Letizia visit family in Asturias
imn 2005 there were pictures of Letizia and Felipe walking in asturias ans her was pregnant with leonor but ive not got any pictures from that event yet

Old 08-13-2008, 04:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Maybe you're feeling a lot? I do recall that there's been a discussion already that with the Olympics and Felipe's visit to South America, they may not be able to sync their schedules.

Not to mention that your first sentence is implying something else too.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Dinner of the Royal Family in the restaurant Port Portals of Palma

Cena de la Familia Real en el restaurante Puerto Portals de Palma de Mallorca - Agencia Prisma
Old 08-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Letizia probably went back to Madrid to see some Ortiz Rocasolano family members but it's another step up re the non-interaction of previous years. It's a bit sad because given the parents don't seem to be keen to spend time together the children won't meet either. The other six nephews and nieces obviously have a great relationship but the Asturias girls are rarely around although Irene and Leonor are the same age. Felipe is Victoria's godfather, would have been nice to see the younger generation spend time at the beach together incl children.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think that Letizia and her daughters waited in Madrid for Felipe, who arrived yesterday from Beijing and leaves now to Paraguay. It´s only natural that he wanted to see his daughters, having not seen them for almost a week.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia probably went back to Madrid to see some Ortiz Rocasolano family members but it's another step up re the non-interaction of previous years. It's a bit sad because given the parents don't seem to be keen to spend time together the children won't meet either. The other six nephews and nieces obviously have a great relationship but the Asturias girls are rarely around although Irene and Leonor are the same age. Felipe is Victoria's godfather, would have been nice to see the younger generation spend time at the beach together incl children.
Felipe, Letizia and the girls sitting on a public beach with swim wears like your neighbor Mr. and Mrs. ? You got to be kidding. I think the Infantas' outing on a public beach probably would be unthinkable a few years ago, but now it doesn't matter any more since they are no longer on the front of the media interests. Froilan and Vickie were quite close to Leonor from the old pictures. As LadyFinn just said, I also believe Letizia and the girls were in Madrid waiting for Felipe and spent some time with him before his South American trip.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Evidently the Princes cannot appear in a beach public and full of people, with luck in the discreet one and of difficult access. The Queen is in the ship in these photos, but she does not go down to the beach. Not only it is a question of press Donna, is a question of reaction of the people and of protocols of safety.

The wedding of the Prince and the birth of his daughters has supposed for the Infantas the beginning of the natural process that takes place in all the Royal Families. The Infanta Elena and Cristina are going on to a background, their official activities and their responsibilities have diminished, and now they move with more freedom. In case of the vacations this means that the Princes and their daughters are forced to form a part of the " circus of the ditches ", and only when this one finishes they have free time; and that the Infantas flee of this circus, and they enjoy Mallorca when everything is calmer.

In certain press, before same circumstances the speech changes totally.

While the Queen and the Infanta Cristina invite every year relatives or friends to Marivent or to the Fortuna ... it would be a scandal in case of the Princess, to whom already it seems that they don´t allow to go to Asturias with her family (Leonor is 3 years old and there is no photo of her in the place where her mother was born and where from her parents receive the Princes' title).

The Infanta Cristina inviting her friends and their children in the royal yacht, it is a very nice, very simple and natural image ... if the Princes sail in the Fortuna, they are spending the public money in the caprice of the yacht.

When the Princess in her first two years of marriage passed 5 days in house of her grandmother in Asturias, after having been in Mallorca, they accused her of wanting to displace the royal vacations to Mallorca and of finishing with the economy of the Balearic Islands. The Infantas can go to the Pyrenees, Lanzarote, Croatia, Hamptons or Mozambique, that nobody will accuse them of it.

If the Prince decides not to take part in a ditch it is a scandal and a tragedy that will finish with the economy of Mallorca. If the Infantas stop competing or do not appear for the nautical club ... nothing happens.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Royal Highness

I would like to see the Princes of Asturias and their daughters with the rest of the family, but I realize that they are in a much different position than the Infantas Elena and Cristina. They really can't go out on a public beach like everyone else can. I'm sure this will also be the case in 35 years, when the heir to the throne can't do things like this, but other siblings can.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I remember a few years ago (before Felipe got married) Elena and Jaime were being heavily criticized when they spent their holidays in Hampton instead of cheering for the regatas in Mallorca. Now Felipe is married with two kids, the Infantas are more to the background, have more freedom to move around and do what they want to do. I believe that Felipe and Letizia no longer spent the summer holiday at her grandma's house after Leonor was born is strictly their own personal reason, nothing to do with any media pressure. Maybe her grandma's house is too small for them (kids + nanny + bodyguards) or other security issues.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, the trips to the Hamptons, it was another epoch, then the Infantas or probably more their children had more interest, neither Letizia, nor Leonor nor Sofia existed. In any case, the critiques were never so ferocious. Curiously, this year and in spite of the separation the press does not judge where she has been or not.

On the visits to Asturias, it is true that the house of her grandmother was remaining small, and that the abuse of the press in showing this house made less safety. But in Asturias there are houses of rent, there are hotels and friends ready to lodge them. Last year Zapatero passed one week of vacations in Asturias. So there has to be something more.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Yes, the trips to the Hamptons, it was another epoch, then the Infantas or probably more their children had more interest, neither Letizia, nor Leonor nor Sofia existed. In any case, the critiques were never so ferocious. Curiously, this year and in spite of the separation the press does not judge where she has been or not.

On the visits to Asturias, it is true that the house of her grandmother was remaining small, and that the abuse of the press in showing this house made less safety. But in Asturias there are houses of rent, there are hotels and friends ready to lodge them. Last year Zapatero passed one week of vacations in Asturias. So there has to be something more.
Sure there is something more -- they are doing exactly what they want to do -- nothing more, nothing less. Good for them.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:26 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

When I said "beach" I meant the whole scenario of the Infantas pictures including the yacht. I understand the security issue but they (all cousins or even the adults) could at least spend time together on the Fortuna. IMO not all is well between the siblings as the years before have shown and I see it as a personal decision of the Princes / Infantas not to spend time together and not as a result down to inconvenience or security matters.

Very different to the not-going-to-Asturias-issue, as lula said there must be more to it than only a personal decision. IMO Zarzuela want to avoid a (visible) link between Infanta Leonor and Asturias at this stage regarding her role as heiress to the throne, with the succession issue and the Asturias' family planning far from over.

This whole double standard thing build up by media pressure is really disgusting.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article3669

Here is a gallery of Iñaki Urdangarin, with Juan, Pablo, Miguel, and Froilan, I think going on a boat. Miguel is wearing the dreaded Crocs!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Sure there is something more -- they are doing exactly what they want to do -- nothing more, nothing less. Good for them.
Felipe & Letizia do exactly what Zarzuela or the King want them to do and if they are lucky it matches with their own ideas - and it seems that there is no match re vacations in Asturias ...

Tags
breitling regatta, palma de mallorca, photo shoot, sailing, summer holiday