Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone for posting, especally those posted the larger pictures.
Maybe this isn't the correct thread but I was wondering what the ages and birthdates are for the Kings grandchildren. I am new to the Spanish royal family and would love to know. Thanks in advance.... if it is moved to another, sorry for posting here.

what's so terrible about dressing in swimsuit while on a boat? it's in fact the most normal. people are warm, in the middle of the sea... you are not going to be wearing long trousers and a sweater because nobody can see you!

what i also think is that letizia should have been wiser (since she was a journalist herself and must have known the media obsession with seeing her in a swimsuit or bikini) and at least opt for a bathing suit that is the "protocolar" for royals. that way they wouldn't have anything to say about it.

You contradict yourself. Swimsuit or binkini, what does matter ? She is a 35-year-old woman who can allow to put perfectly a bikini. The Infantas have turned out to be photographed in bikini and it has not happened at all. The Princess is a discreet person, that what less searches is to show herself, if they have plundered her, they have plundered her. The sad thing is that a polemic wants to be created by something so absurd. ¡¡¡ But if we have seen the Duchess of Alba in the beach and in bikini with 80 years ¡¡¡ :lol:

I believe that there is another most serious topic that must worry. The Royal Family goes to Cabrera for intimacy and for safety ... if they controlled the photographers and left them to work there is no problem ... if they did not realize that they were,that is the most probable thing, they have a problem that to solve.

Queen Sofía
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/565277-post109.html

Infanta Cristina
http://new2.isifa.com/photo/preview/12595288.jpg

Infanta Elena
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00075573.jpg

Last edited:
I honestly don't see what the huge deal is about the bathing suit.
There is no big deal, but that won't stop certain members of the press and certain sectors of the press from creating a false polemic. That's what they do, that's their bread and butter--and it is not limited to Felipe and Letizia, many public figures in Spain are made to support similar nonsense. The thing is, the false polemic (and most viewers view it as just that) sells, and so shows like Aqui Hay Tomate, and papers like 20 Minutos (and certain sections of El Mundo), push everything in the most polemic terms possible. If it can be a false polemic about Felipe and Letizia (such as, Leonor being deaf and mute) so much the better for ratings (although not as good for ratings as Isabel Pantoja!) It's just the nature of the beast--sort of like in England. And it works, because look at people here on this board commenting as yet unseen photos. We all know better, but the morbo gets the best of us all.

Yes...What's the big deal with the women bathsuits? I do not like to swim before too many strangers (excepting at beach, of course..you'll not excpect to be alone at beach...:lol:), since I'm a little modest. What if the Princess of Asturias likes not to show her bathsuit to strangers? Oh, wait...I imagine what some people is thinking about how skinny she is an so on...:bang:

Vanesa.

Not a big deal at all. Only because it's the first time appearing paparazzi pictures of her in bikini, thus Hola is willing to pay big bucks to satisfy people's curiosity. Wasn't Letizia with the Queen and Leonor last week, perhaps we will get pictures of the Queen and Leonor in swimsuits as the bonus :flowers:.

Last edited:
She already showed the world her underwear...I'm sure it is a bikini like that...unless she is wearing a thong or is topless. She should care less, I'm sure. She got over the other pictures and did not pay much attention. She is a strong woman and, as a previous reporter/journalist, she should know better.

There is nothing wrong with Letizia or another Royal Lady to wear a bikini or swimsuit. I just feel sorry for them, they can do a tremendous job, but the main thing for the press is to get selling pictures from them... I think it´s just ridiculous to pay 200000 or 300000 euros for some picture of a royal woman in a bikini.

I think it´s just ridiculous to pay 200000 or 300000 euros for some picture of a royal woman in a bikini.

Exactly, they could've donated that to a humanitarian cause. But of course everything Letizia does and does not do is news. It's just ridiculous because they could use that money for something more important.

I really liked the way how spanish royals dress their children for such things like photocalls. They look very natural and stylish at once. But Letizia, she should do something with her wardrobe...

El Rey y los Príncipes de Asturias salieron juntos a navegar

The King and the Princes of Asturias sailing together

Don `Felipe and dona Letizia sailed joined don Juan Carlos on board of the yacht 'Fortune' to enjoy an intimate and calm sea day

After a Monday day marked by the put summer traditional one of the Royal Family before the mass media, the normality returned to establish yesterday in Marivent's Palace.

Little before twelve o'clock at midday, don Juan Carlos was left to see for Portopí's naval military station. With a very summer look, dressed in a shirt of short sleeve and in the put sunglasses, the Monarch rose on board of the Fortuna. It was confirmed so the sea would return to be one, day more, target protagonist in their vacations.

Some minutes later, the Princes of Asturias did also act of presence in Portopí's pier. Don Felipe and dona Letizia, that they turned out to be dressed in a slightly more informal aspect of the habitual thing and without any of their two daughters, Leonor and Sofia, rose to the royal yacht to accompany the King in sea day.

Photo
http://media.epi.es/www.diariodemal...07-08-15_IMG_2007-08-08_22:25:22_x25ac001.jpg

But if we have seen the Duchess of Alba in the beach and in bikini with 80 years ¡¡¡ :lol:
uurgghhh I guess the price was not as high for these pics - maybe she paid herself to have them printed.

No big deal about a royal in a bikini or swimsuit, as long as it's appropriate, even Queen Rania has already shown up in a swimsuit.

As for Letizia she must have been aware of the hype about a pic. If she did not want to be photographed in swimwear she woudn't have worn it in public because you can't prevent a pic in the end. So when she decided to wear she took a pic into account and why not? It's the most natural thing in the world to wear swimwear when on a beach, even for a princess.

But she will be gutted to be one of the main employees for a certain media and to indirectily have provided a paparazzi with a sabatical from work - I am sure he can afford it now.

Strange. Here's the cover of today's edition of Hola, along with the summery, and there's no word about Letizia's possible exclusive pictures:ohmy:

Revista ¡HOLA! - Sumario

Duke of Marmalade said:
As for Letizia she must have been aware of the hype about a pic. If she did not want to be photographed in swimwear she woudn't have worn it in public because you can't prevent a pic in the end. So when she decided to wear she took a pic into account and why not? It's the most natural thing in the world to wear swimwear when on a beach, even for a princess.
It's not that she wore bikini for the first time in 4 years. I'm sure the whole family travels to that island all the time and they have some privacy there. The thing is that somehow the paparazzi menaged to take a pic of her in the strictly private place, with the security forces around, and that hasn't happen in the last 4 years.

I read in "20 minutos" (not the best source, but still) that the Queen appears next to Letizia and is also dressed in swimwear.

Last edited:
Strange. Here's the cover of today's edition of Hola, along with the summery, and there's no word about Letizia's possible exclusive pictures:ohmy:

Revista ¡HOLA! - Sumario

:lol: For what I read in a news the photos are inside (I do not have still the magazine). The Hola knows what does. Apparently in the photos the Princess goes out in bikini, but also the Queen to her side in swimsuit ... and the Queen is the Queen. In addition, Hola has obtained the advertising of the photos in all the mass media. The mass media only can reproduce the front pages of the magazines, the interior they cannot reproduce it without permission of the magazine ... that is not going to give it ... conclusion, if you want to see the photos, buys the magazine.

Cristina's kids are so beautiful ! Especially Irene and Pablo. And I really think Victoria and Froilan are pretty too. And of course Leonor, she's a little doll. :wub:

Too me, Letizia doesn't look her best this vacation. She looks very tired and too thin for my taste, but I know she's healthy, I'm not saying she isn't, but for my personal taste, that is too thin. Cristina looked great on the photoshoot, I love how she dress herself and her kids.

oh my god!! I wasn't at home for a few days and what great it is to see all these beautiful pictures of the royal family!!!!

leonor is so beautiful with all her dresses!! the red one and the the blue one!!!
and princess letizia looks so happy!! I love the dress she wears during the ceremony!!!

i can't wait to have more pictures!!lol

They both looks healthy and good, they have a good relation even without cameras, because so much people has said that they get along just because there are cameras y the queen it's a pro. This photos prove the other way around

You contradict yourself. Swimsuit or binkini, what does matter ?

protocol indicates royals should wear swimsuit rather than bikinis. again, it doesn't really matter to me, i think it's perfectly normal to wear either, but considering the press is so obsessive, i would have used a suit if i were her. that way they wouldn't have anything to complain about.

thanks for the pictures though! letizia looks really good for her age and having had two pregnancies! wish i will be like that when i am her age!

Somebody could post a close up of little Sofia, please, I loooooooove her face.

protocol indicates royals should wear swimsuit rather than bikinis. again, it doesn't really matter to me, i think it's perfectly normal to wear either, but considering the press is so obsessive, i would have used a thansuit if i were her. that way they wouldn't have anything to complain about.

In my book of protocol it says nothing neither of the swimsuit nor of the bikini. ;)

In general the swimsuit is a bit more discreet, or like that it was conceived before, now the bikini is more well versed than the swimsuit and the people dress it without complexes. If you are young and have a nice body, there is no problem. 10 years ago few women were daring with the bikini, now many dare, and in the shops there are more bikinis that swimsuits ... at least in Spain. Now the people do not differ between swimsuit, bikini or triquini.

Duke, here you have the Duchess of Alba :ROFLMAO:
http://www.20minutos.es/data/img/2006/09/04/505998.jpg

Last edited:
Poor little Victoria always looks so unhappy in the photoshoots. Maybe she just hates posing. And I think it was extremely invasive to snap Letizia in a bikini on private time. The SRF is very cooperative with the press.

I totally agree, I can't figure out what is the big deal, its not like she wore one to a state dinner. They are on a private vacation and honestly if I looked like Letizia, I would wear a bikini all the time. Looking at her, it is hard to believe she has two children under the age of two. The Princess of Monoco wear bikini's all the time and I don't remember them being critized for it. I would think the press would be thanking their lucky stars that the SRF is so cooperative about photo-shoots, even when their children would rather be left alone. They could be more like the Wessex's and not want any picture of their children released, with the exception of Leonor , and only on special occasions. I am really glad they are so open and allow us glimpses into their world and I think they should then be allowed to have their private time and not have to worry about how they dress. IMO, they do a job just like everyone else, so when they are not on the "job", they have every right to dress any way they want.

Oh my the Duchess of Alba is very pale isn't she?? hmmm, maybe she should consider a different type bathing attire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom