Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for the pics lula.

This dress is very very pretty and looks great with Letizia's tan - but please can somebody give her some hair conditioner. Being on vacation is not an excuse for a PoA to turn up to events with unstyled hair. Since the new haircut she looks like she bought lots of wash and go shampoo when it was on sale because the advertising promised self styling included, not true, obviously.

On Leonor and Irene: According to child developmental experts, toddlers who are 2 engage in parallel play and there is usually very little interaction between them. Since Leonor is only 22 months old, and Irene has just turned 2, and both are still in diapers and finding out about the world around them, this hardly provides for them to form 'close' bonds at this stage in their lives.

Letizia and Cristina aren't close, that's a given, for example, when Letizia lifted Irene into the boat she started crying which is most probably because she didn't know Letizia well and got scared; it's not necessarily because they don't like each other, it's more probably related to the fact that they don't have much in common and don't share common interests:cool:

Sometimes, it is necessary to fix in the details to give the correct explanation to the things. ;)

Often the press is wrong, and says things that are not, precisely because they are superficial and are not fixed in the details.

Irene does not cry when she goes on to the arms of her aunt, cries when her pacifier falls to the soil and remains without, and because of it when she goes on to the arms of her grandmother she continues crying.

La Princesa Letizia y Doña Sofia salen a navegar con las Infantas Leonor e Irene - Agencia Prisma

It seems the girl charmed with her pacifier, because even today and being in arms of her father, was taking it.

Last edited:
I don't think we have said anything "bad" about Letizia. It is the truth. She is always looking or touching or trying to make Leonor's hair perfect or fixing her dresses. I never see Cristina doing that. Not that it is good or bad, it is just different. Cristina seems more relaxed (maybe she is a more experienced, not better, mother). She is calm and her kids seem very calm and easy going. Irene is just as beautiful and seems to be very happy with herself and her pacifier. I don't see what's wrong with the pacifier. She is still a baby.

I love to Juan!!!
Thanks for the picture is sooooooooooo great
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/dagmarnat/CRISTINA 3/75963003.jpg

Irene is not less pretty and she is not that outside to shine less but also she called the attention by its short age.

I don't think we have said anything "bad" about Letizia. It is the truth. She is always looking or touching or trying to make Leonor's hair perfect or fixing her dresses. I never see Cristina doing that. Not that it is good or bad, it is just different. Cristina seems more relaxed (maybe she is a more experienced, not better, mother). She is calm and her kids seem very calm and easy going. Irene is just as beautiful and seems to be very happy with herself and her pacifier. I don't see what's wrong with the pacifier. She is still a baby.

:D Totally in agreement with you, she is a very natural mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably it is because while of Leonor, the people examines up to the last detail, and her dresses are analyzed all over the world ... about the clothes of the children of Cristina only speaks when they are in pajamas for the street. :lol:The level of analysis and exigency is different enough.

All the mothers must be equal? There is a mother model? Because she must behave like Cristina? Obsession? Each person is as she is and each person treats to her daughter to her way and nobody must be discussing this.

I do not see because bothers that Letizia touches to her daughter and is being questioned as takes care of her daughter. If it wants to touch her, since the touch whichever times wants that for that she is his mother. I do not see a sad and bitter girl so that her mother takes care of and is with her; on the contrary I see a safe, likeable and very happy girl. So I do not see the bad thing in the behavior of Letizia; on the contrary I see it very normal. :rolleyes:

Copa del Rey Sailing Trophy - Ceremony Awards

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Last year they delivered some of the awards, in the pics this year it seemed like they didn't, does anyone know the reason?

Too bad Letizia has already lost her maternity weight, she looks much better with a few pounds on...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4369/paletys1ov2.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2974/paletys2rn4.jpg
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/484/paletys3oh4.jpg

But being honest, I like her dress a lot, it's quite a flattering color and cut for her

Too bad Letizia has already lost her maternity weight, she looks much better with a few pounds on...

She is not going to be pregnancy always ... and with a girl like Leonor anyone slims. :lol:

She is not going to be pregnancy always ... and with a girl like Leonor anyone slims.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Leo running and Letizia chasing her :lol: :ROFLMAO:
Who needs to go to the gym? ask Cristina and Elena, they are the slimmest ever now, and it's all because of their hyperactive kids :ROFLMAO:

Leo running and Letizia chasing her :lol: :ROFLMAO:
Who needs to go to the gym? ask Cristina and Elena, they are the slimmest ever now, and it's all because of their hyperactive kids :ROFLMAO:

My favorite image would be that of Leonor in Zarzuela, running between military men and men of grey . In Sofía's baptism it was giving the impression of which already she has conquered them ... and they are always so serious. :lol::lol::lol:

My favorite image would be that of Leonor in Zarzuela, running between military men and men of grey . In Sofía's baptism it was giving the impression of which already she has conquered them ... and they are always so serious. :lol::lol::lol:

She'll call her partners in crime: Miguel, Irene and Sofia and together they would made a Zarzuela Coup, no one would resist their cuteness together :lol:

"I, Leonor, rule thee house! :ROFLMAO:

I love Letizia's dress tonigth, it's seems she has a new ring, it seems beautiful
... They have so much fun tonight

See responses from Roxsteve and Carlota, that pretty much covers what I meant. First of all, Letizia is a "touchy" person, in general. Nothing wrong with that, and it's nice that she's affectionate towards Leonor. But sometimes, as at last year's Marivent photoshoot or some occasions this year, I thought it was too much as she kept touching and petting Leonor all the time and it made me think just leave her be. Being a little more relaxed, eg as Cristina, does not make Letizia a bad mother.

Having been critizised for the past four years finally show an impact on Letizia as her sense for perfection has become an obsession, be it work or motherhood. I wish she was more herself and less focused on what other people might think she's doing wrong.

Cristina has four kids already. Of course she's more relaxed with Irene. Leonor is the first born and Letizia is a relatively new mother. Of course she's fussing more over her daughter. She's more demonstrative with Leonor. So what? Plus, Cristina's kids are not the center of attention as Leonor is. People, especially photographers, not only follow Leo's every move, they are shouting her name everywhere she goes. Leo is less than 2. I can see how Letizia feels Leonor needs more reassurance.

Leonor seems to have gotten used to strangers and cameras at this tender age. She doesn't seem to fear strangers or be annoyed by photograpers as her much older cousins sometimes still do. For a toddler her age, she's much more confident and comfortable around people than her peers. Don't you think her parents may have something to do with it?

As for the "perfectionist" stuff, it seems you believe in everything the tabloids say.

Isn't that a bit too much to judge a girl who is not even 2 years old, to call her a superstar who outshines JC and has such a huge personality that her cousin Irene doesn't have a chance? Excuse me but we are talking about a toddler who is the center of attention because she is the heir to the spanish throne. I am pretty sure if Irene or any other child was in her position and was presented like her we'd hear the same praise all around on this forum. At the end of the day Leonor is a cute child and the SRF are well aware that the hype around her can be very useful for her parents to gain more popularty or acceptance as the future kings of Spain.

Of course part of attention Leonor is getting is because she's the heiress, but that's not the sole reason why she's been monopolizing the spotlight now. Since the time Leonor ran toward photographers with the duck in hand at the hospital, she's been the undisputable star of the SRF. If you look at all the photos those photo agencies shot of the summer vacation, Leonor is in most of them. Even if she's surrounded by her grandparents and parents and relatives, Leonor is the center of the focus. Her grandfather was hardly in the frame at the Club several days ago. She even outshines her very pretty mother who used to be the focus of all cameras.

How many other baby heirs or heiresses have been so dominenting the spotlight? Williams was a very cute baby and toddler. But he didn't dominate the spotlight while he's with his mother or other family members at Leonor's age. I can't think of other royal babies who are as loved by photographers as Leonor is. It's not just because Leonor is an incredibly beautiful child either. A beautiful child sitting quietly warrants a few photos but not to the extent Leonor is getting. Leonor is a very confident child with an oversize curiosity and personality. She is unpredicable. She can flash an angelic smile one minute and be misachievous the next. That's why cameras train on her to capture her every move. Think about photos of her with her shoes off at the feet of the archbishop at Sofi's baptism. Think about the photos of her with her grandmother's sun glasses. Those are the highlight of the events. Photographers would have kicked themselves if they didn't capture those.

I read it somewhere before that a person's personality shows through by the age of 2. I don't know why you think saying Leonor has an oversize personality is such an outragous statement.

plus I think the relationship between Cristina and Letizia is not the best, we could see well last year at Marivent and at some other occasions at the beginning of Letizia's pregnancy. Whenever they are at the same event they are not too much around each other.

Once again, you're taking tabloid stories and speculations around here as "facts".

Example, of an obsessive photographer:lol:

Trophy ceremony for the 26th King's Cup sailing race

Spain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

I love her earings! I was hoping for a close-up. Thanks to this obsessive photographer, now I get one. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Leonor sells, Irene doesn't. I don't think it is because of her "diva" status as some have called her or her outgoing, one-of-a-kind personality or beauty. It is because people are going to buy magazines or pictures that have Leonor in it. It is a novelty. In a few years when her sister is older, then it will be the same thing. Besides, there are more Spanish speaking people who follow the Spanish family. I think Maxima's daughter has a great personality and is also very cute. I just don't see Maxima as stressed about her daughter as Letizia.

I think Maxima's daughter has a great personality and is also very cute. I just don't see Maxima as stressed about her daughter as Letizia.

I don't think Letizia is stressed about anything. She seems to be a doting mom. That's all:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

And yes Maxima's daughter has TERRIFIC personality! Well at least Amalia does. She's such a shining star:D:D:D

All the mothers must be equal? There is a mother model? Because she must behave like Cristina? Obsession? Each person is as she is and each person treats to her daughter to her way and nobody must be discussing this.

I do not see because bothers that Letizia touches to her daughter and is being questioned as takes care of her daughter. If it wants to touch her, since the touch whichever times wants that for that she is his mother. I do not see a sad and bitter girl so that her mother takes care of and is with her; on the contrary I see a safe, likeable and very happy girl. So I do not see the bad thing in the behavior of Letizia; on the contrary I see it very normal. :rolleyes:

can't agree with you more. if people here get upset about the leo and irene comparison, why the mother-skill comparison between letizia and cristina? who says cristina way is the ONLY way?

Some people just don't like Letizia and never will and so they like to find fault with her at every turn--fine, that's their perogative--but finding fault with the fact that she is an affectionate mother is the height of ridiculous. Her children are obviously healthy, and Leonor is obviously a very happy child--her mother and father are obviously doing something right.

I just don't see Maxima as stressed about her daughter as Letizia.

When Amalia was a baby, Maxima had been seen with lots of very exaggerated gestures trying to make her smile. She probably had heard some ridiculous rumors on Amalia's health. Does it fit your definition of 'being stressed' ? If not, what's so stressed about Letizia ?

This dress is very very pretty and looks great with Letizia's tan - but please can somebody give her some hair conditioner. Being on vacation is not an excuse for a PoA to turn up to events with unstyled hair. Since the new haircut she looks like she bought lots of wash and go shampoo when it was on sale because the advertising promised self styling included, not true, obviously.

Her hair looks quite damaged by the Sun and saltwalter, probably not even conditioner helps.

Princess Letizia´s dress is gorgeous, and she looks great in it. The colour suits her very well. I like her earrings too. About her hairdo, because they are on vacation I think it´s quite approriate. Infanta Elena´s hairdo is anything special either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom