Summer Holidays in Mallorca: 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So that you say Sofía that was a shame? because the king was serious and something sad? Perhaps he was warm, and I do not believe that he thought about his vacations, rather is possible that he was thinking about which stops many, many in Spain if is an authentic shame, and that has caused that every day increases the critics, and that are neither the more nor less than Letizia only appears when it agrees to him, leaves for celebrations and suppers with friends, and nevertheless it does not go to the comunión of his nephew, or to the institutional act in the cuts. Perhaps, only perhaps, the face of the king must to that type of misfortunes, and to the malaise that produces to him that after decades of work, see stagger more than ever the crown. Perhaps, he is " a little " worried for that reason.

Here we go, it must be Letizia's fault. The King had the same face at Irene's baptism, which was also outdoor in a hot summer evening, very uncomfortable for men in suits. So he must not be happy about Cristina's maternity leave or perhaps Inaki's business deals LOL.

Last edited:
The King is happy because he is going to dedicate 15 days to sailing, and if he is lucky, and one does not spoil him he will go away one week to hunting ... I believe that this they are both only things that make him happy.

There are little the family photos in which the King is comfortable or relaxed ... it seems that this type of meetings and acts already bore him. It is more this year, there will be again family photo for the pressure of the press ... this photo was not done since Froilán was born until Letizia came to the family.

Wonderful, the spanish summer holidays have started, me too I can't wait
to see many wonderful pics with all the children again, maybe the youngest
part of the family - little Sofia - won't be taken to the annual boat trip but
there'll surely be other ocassions for pics! :)

Originally Posted by marenostrum
So that you say Sofía that was a shame? because the king was serious and something sad? Perhaps he was warm, and I do not believe that he thought about his vacations, rather is possible that he was thinking about which stops many, many in Spain if is an authentic shame, and that has caused that every day increases the critics, and that are neither the more nor less than Letizia only appears when it agrees to him, leaves for celebrations and suppers with friends, and nevertheless it does not go to the comunión of his nephew, or to the institutional act in the cuts. Perhaps, only perhaps, the face of the king must to that type of misfortunes, and to the malaise that produces to him that after decades of work, see stagger more than ever the crown. Perhaps, he is " a little " worried for that reason.
Here we go, it must be Letizia's fault.

Well, he is the King, and he could have Letizia summoned up to attend these events, couldn't he? But he didn't and if he is worried about the monarchy in general, there are better occasions to put on a serious face than the christening of his granddaughter.

I think he was just warm and a bit annoyed by Leonor running around and he actually never looks as affectionate as Sofia with his grandchildren.

Thanks for the pictures.
I hope we get to see the Queen sailing with The King, like last year! :)

The King works hard, (not that other Kings/Queens don't), so I would put that as one of the reasons he has 'aged' and of course the fact that he will be 70 next year.

The women in the family seem to age better than the men, IMO. They seem to look younger as the years pass! Just think about The Queen, Elena and Cristina now, compared to a few years back. :flowers:

Last edited:
Does this mean Letizia and the infantas are somewhere near?

I think they will wait till Felipe returns to Madrid to move all together to Palma.

Does this mean Letizia and the infantas are somewhere near?

No, the Princess and the children are in Madrid. Since it has commented nayralorenzo, the Prince returns Sunday to Madrid because still he has work, and probably until end of the next week the 4 do not travel to Palma.
On the other hand, it is normal that the Princess prefers to spend more days in Madrid. Her sister who lives in the Philippines, and which very little sees, is now in Madrid and if I haven´t bad memory, her grandfather celebrates his 90 birthday these days.

Princess Irene is the sister of Queen Sofia, is that correct?

Princess Irene is the sister of Queen Sofia, is that correct?

Yes, you're right. ;)
To me, Princess Irene is somewhat of a mystery! I mean, there is a thread on her in the Greek section of this forum and I know basic facts about her. She never married or had children, for example. (Though it is said she had a long term relationship with a married Greek man), but she tends to keep a low profile. :ermm:

Spanish Royals Attend The Breitling Sailing Cup - Day 1
July 19, 2007
Mallorca, Spain

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][/FONT]
WireImage: Listings

He doesn't look too happy here either, rather tired. He has aged a lot, IMO.

He has a lot of problems on his shoulders. I hope he can have a relaxing vacation even though it sounds like it is a working vacation.

Crown Prince Felipe of Spain on board of "Aifos" during the second day of The 13th Breitling Sailing Cup on July 19, 2007 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

]
Felipe has so much energy. Wasn't he just in Brazil a couple of days ago?

The King releases the Bribón in waters of Port Portals in Majorca

The King took part today in the Ditch XIII Breitling of Sail, in the bay of Port Portals, in the new 'Bribón' ship, which divides as favorite in the circuit of the Medcup after having gained the first stage celebrated in Alicante.

Twenty-four sailboats, from them nine Spanish, who take part in this second test of the circuit departed soon after one o'clock in the afternoon, with the King in the Bribón and the Prince of Asturias in the Aifos - from the Spanish Navy and one of the veterans of this test - whereas the Queen saw the exit from the yacht Fortuna.

In the early morning the Kings came to Port Portals and were having breakfast together with a few friends until the moment to embark came.

Felipe has so much energy. Wasn't he just in Brazil a couple of days ago?

Yes, just yesterday he is. He arrived at nigh (2-3 am) to Madrid and this morning (12 pm Spanish time) is in Mallorca.

Last edited:
19-07-2007 Spain's King Juan Carlos arrives to pose onboard 'Bribon XV' at Puerto Portals nautical club in Palma de Mallorca, to take part in the XIII. Breitling sailing race.

PPE Agency Spain

According to Hola! Letizia and the infantas will arrive until next week in Mallorca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom