The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-30-2007, 05:47 AM
Royal Highness

People do not know but that to say trivialities, they think that Cristina this jealous one, does not have anything to envy less to anybody and to Letizia, she has a precious family, very handsome children, a handsome husband a position
social for being Infant of Spain, I believe that nobody is the one who stops to put in the life of anybody

Old 08-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Diario de Mallorca - Los Prncipes, en el centro Pelaires

The Princes, in the center Pelaires

The Princes of Asturias appeared yesterday to 11.15, previous call of Royal House, in the center Pelaires of the street Ver. One visits lightning that lasted approximately 45 minutes, sufficient to contemplate Mimmo Paladino's work, the Italian Quijote of the art.

Don Felipe and dona Letizia were admiring the pictures and sculptures of the eclectic artist, accompanied by the director of the center, Pep Pinya, and his wife, Isabel Izquierdo. " They have liked very much the exhibition and they have proved to be very interested in the technology of the artist ", comments the gallery owner. Dona Letizia " remained delighted " with the sculptural pieces that preside at the court of the center.

photos
http://media.epi.es/www.diariodemall...2_j70cu002.jpg
http://media.epi.es/www.diariodemall...7_j70cu003.jpg
http://media.epi.es/www.diariodemall...5_j70cu001.jpg

Old 08-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

According to Hola Magazine, Letizia is wearing a bag designed by Isabel Sartorious, a Felipe ex girlfriend (his first one)

DOA LETIZIA VUELVE A LLEVAR EL BOLSO QUE DISE ISABEL SARTORIUS
Old 08-30-2007, 06:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

About the Almudena gala diner, what a pleasure to see the Princess of Asturias dress a handsome, elegant and princely woman as she is.

If Letizia is going on in this way is the proof the she is begining to put ahead her own style whithout to pay attention to the ridiculous "victorian" criticizes about her dress at each time that she take an modern allure.

To say that she was in accordance with the gala dinner is the thing the most reactionnary that I never read and to say that both the Queen and the Infanta Cristina had a real look is to have a very old fashioed and restricted conception of a " real look" in particularly when for the Queen, the dress look as a pyjama and the Infanta Cristina as quiet babacool of the Sixties!

When I saw the Princess of Asturias pics, I was saying to me that Letizia is going to have a better confidence in herself against the ridiculous pseudo critirium of a" real lok "!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

JAIME AND IAKI TWO DEDICATED FATHERS

Jaime e Iaki, dos padres entregados
Old 08-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Her hair is nice because now she has a bob with style although I don't like very mucht that kind of front hair, but she looks nice (however I must say, I cannot help myself, her excessive thinness is again very notorious).
Old 08-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
But before Letizia, I don't think she had experienced so intense media coverage on another member of the famiy. She (and her family) usually had more media coverage than her sister and she enjoyed being the center of the attention. I wouldn't call her jealous since I don't have a proof, but she did look a bit uncomfortable in the pictures, which were only snap shots, the video seems OK.
Being a Palma fan/pic collector I can say that the media coverage that the Urdangarin de Borbon family get is astounding, they get much more pics that the heirs of Japan, Belgium, Netherlands put together, if they are walking through the street, you can easily see a set of 25-30 pics of them on that, and more in other agencies; they are one of the most photographed families of the Royal world

In fact, as much as I love them, I wish they were left alone a little bit, there isn't a week where you don't see pics or news about them, take for example the croatian holidays, the media found them, even if those were supposed to be private

In other countries we barely see the heir's siblings and their families, in Spain it's a different case, I think Cristina isn't jealous, but in fact, I guess she would like the media to cut her some slack
Old 08-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiaki View Post
Being a Palma fan/pic collector I can say that the media coverage that the Urdangarin de Borbon family get is astounding, they get much more pics that the heirs of Japan, Belgium, Netherlands put together, if they are walking through the street, you can easily see a set of 25-30 pics of them on that, and more in other agencies; they are one of the most photographed families of the Royal world

In fact, as much as I love them, I wish they were left alone a little bit, there isn't a week where you don't see pics or news about them, take for example the croatian holidays, the media found them, even if those were supposed to be private

In other countries we barely see the heir's siblings and their families, in Spain it's a different case, I think Cristina isn't jealous, but in fact, I guess she would like the media to cut her some slack
You might be right on the media attention on Cristina's family. On the other hand, I think she really enjoyed this type of attention. She didn't have to sit on the public beach often to get photographed, she and her family could go to a private beach in Mallorca to have some privacy. The point I made was that when Letizia or the Princes' family were around, the press focus was on them, that made Cristina a little uncomfortable in the pictures. That was my opinion. The live images looked much more normal than the pictures. So maybe some of us were exaggerating the situtation. They don't live in the same city, probably didn't see each other often. What would be the big problem between them ? I couldn't find any. It's still too early to fight over the fortune of JC and Sofia .
Old 08-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Besides Jaime and Iaki aren't best friends and no one is saying something about them, they are brothers-in-law, they get along when they have to, but aren't the buddies that go together everywhere; I guess it's the same case on Letizia and Cristina's relationship, they live in different cities and don't have too many common interests, so they are not like close-close friends

It's just like we assume that Elena hates Letizia for pics like this

And for the public beach, they did it last year and the year before that; they go and meet some of Iaki's family, Rosario and Kyril's family, the Lopez-Quesada family, etc; so it wouldn't look good for them to be in a private beach, specially with Iaki's family like this year
Old 08-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

When I'm reading some pics I'm totally dreaming.
1. For the superb skin make up of the Princess of Asturias, I imagine that every body has recognized the effect of the Guerlain golden moisture, very refined body milk to used when you are tanned particularly for a dinner gala to give to your skin a sublim effect. I recommand to used it because as you can see on the Princess of Asturias it's absolutly superb even on the pics. i confess that I'm using it ( when I'm going after my hollydays in Palma)

2. I don't agree, none of the Infantas can't shown the bad feeling ( if they have ) against the Princess of Asturias because it will totally uncorrect and very bad educated to do it; as you know the Infantas are very well educated.

3. the list of approximations is unlimited
Old 08-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Nobility

I like the black dress Letizia wore yesterday at the gala dinner but I think it's not appropiated for this occasion, a gala. Too short for a princess, she looks like a young girl going to the disco.
I'm not crazy about Cristina's clothes but she did dress proper, like a royal lady, the same with Sofia, with charme.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

I am enchanted to see them all days, but I recognize that them they do not leave calm for anything, in any case of difficult because they are one of the pretty families but of the European royalty.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphills View Post
I like the black dress Letizia wore yesterday at the gala dinner but I think it's not appropiated for this occasion, a gala.
The dinner was not a gala, was a simple dinner ... the majority of the invited ones came with summer dresses of coktail.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

The press just enjoys more on women's catfights, especially if it involves Letizia. Poor Jaime has always been ignored by the rest of born royals in the family. I haven't seen a picture of Felipe and Jaime friendly talking to each other for years, they often just completely ignored each other in public (ex. this year's French open men's finals) and nobody said anything.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The dinner was not a gala, was a simple dinner ... the majority of the invited ones came with summer dresses of coktail.
thanks for the comment, Lula.
Maybe it wasn't a gala but I still don't think the dress was appropiated for a princess, too short. Sofia and Cristina were dressed alike and in my opinion, more proper. Just my opinion.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Like I said before: they need to get together and stablish a code dress for ocassions, the Queen and Cristina look like dressed for one ocassion and Letizia for other

If they give each other pointers on how they are all gonna be dressed then I think the whole appropiate/unappropiate thing would dissapear
Old 08-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that to the being a dinner and by night, the protocol is clear, dresses of cocktail, this was the line of all the invited ones. The dress or suit of cocktail is flexible enough.

The Queen repeats year after years these suits ... personally I prefer the smooth ones or of degraded colors ... these prints .. they are too much... She only uses them in summer, in Madrid she had dressed a skirt or a dress for the knee.

The Princess was taking a dress a bit more short than is in the habit of dressing, it is a cut a bit over the knee, normally enough. It is not necessary to extract it out of place. All the Princesses use in some occasion this shortly. Not that was taking it below the bottom...

The Infanta Cristina, in my opinion goes excessively dressed ... a too long skirt and jacket ... it is Majorca and summer ... two previous years she had chosen for short dresses and without sleeves ... I believe that more adapted for this summer dinner. I do not understand this change.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Courtier

At the end of the day the ladies wore what they felt comfortable in. Can't make up my mind about the Queen's outfit (too much of a shiny fabric for me), but I think Letizia looked sassy and Cristina looked too mumsy.

Stellad
Old 08-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
I believe that to the being a dinner and by night, the protocol is clear, dresses of cocktail, this was the line of all the invited ones. The dress or suit of cocktail is flexible enough.

The Queen repeats year after years these suits ... personally I prefer the smooth ones or of degraded colors ... these prints .. they are too much... She only uses them in summer, in Madrid she had dressed a skirt or a dress for the knee.

The Princess was taking a dress a bit more short than is in the habit of dressing, it is a cut a bit over the knee, normally enough. It is not necessary to extract it out of place. All the Princesses use in some occasion this shortly. Not that was taking it below the bottom...

The Infanta Cristina, in my opinion goes excessively dressed ... a too long skirt and jacket ... it is Majorca and summer ... two previous years she had chosen for short dresses and without sleeves ... I believe that more adapted for this summer dinner. I do not understand this change.
It's quiet funny because it seems that few people know the difference in a gala dinner with special dress as white tie and gown, a gala dinner with black tie and dress more sophisticated than for a simple coktail and an elegant coktail with dark suit and tie for the men and coktail dresses for the women.

In this case we aren't in this three case above, it's a traditional dinner of departure of the Kings and I'm asking to me if the word " gala" is mentionned in the invitation or if it's only a word of journalists to qualify this dinner, first.

Then, for this kind of diner where all the representants of the institutions of the island of Majoqua, plus some representants of the civil society and active one arei nvited, there is NO specific dress code EXCEPT to wear for the men dark suit even with tie of fantasy color - look as these of the King, yellow one, it's not very protocolar for a "diner de gala"; idem for the prince Felipe's tie: blue pale!-

I have to remember that someones seem to forget : it's a dinner of farewell of HOLLYDAYS and the single dress code is to be correct in the true line of conduct which is the respect of the hosts and the guests. In this occurrency it's totally ridiculous to pretend that the Princess of Asturias 's dress was totally inadecuate while she was totally in accordance with the topic of this event : a farewell elegant dinner in a Royal Palace.

If you analyze the Queen dress: it's something that it's called "pyjama du soir" wich can be very elegant but still a pyjama!!!
IMO the single person who was in the error it was the Infanta Cristina, no because her dress wasn't or so elegant or the opposite but because it dosen't fit her at all. It was at if she had trown an eye in her wardrobe and took the first thing that she has meeting whithout take care of the result. The proof : she wasn't very well make up at least for a dinner a little bite sofisticated.